Reviews for Sixteenth Summer
whitehound chapter 1 . 10/23/2016
It's very realistic, apart from two points. You don't get more than four rooms in those tiny northern houses (unless they've done a loft conversion or added an extension), kitchen, living room and two bedrooms, so if one bedroom is an office and one is Severus's room where do his parents sleep, and this is his seventeenth summer, not his sixteenth. Your first summer is the summer which happened between birth and your first birthday, and your sixteenth is the one which happens between your fifteenth and sixteenth birthday, but Sev here is between his sixteenth and seventeenth birthdays.

I guess it's possible that one of the bedrooms has been split in half to make an even smaller bedroom and an office although to do that you need a fairly big landing. I lived for a while in a two-up-two-down in Kent and the landing was only about 30" square, just big enough to come off the top step and have a door on either side.
Loki Joker Quinn Jr chapter 1 . 3/30/2016
So sad XD
riverrat chapter 1 . 9/25/2015
Home sweet home!
A very realistic written piece of what could have been Severus's childhood.
zoomboom chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
Grate job showing Snapes mood , too bad it’s a one shot
Prieda Solo chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
Yes, your snape is very realistic. lovely. Found you through the C2 place, it is nice to see snape portrayed as a real character and not as a sort of misunderstood james bond type-thing.

I love young snape. He's mean, vindictive, ugly and skinny but i luv him. :)
Possum132 chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
Nicely nasty little ficlet.
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
This is sad... Have you known they added main characters Eileen Prince and Tobias Snape? Would be now easier to find fics about her (as well as other characters). (-:
coll chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
hi there- this is a really good start- please continue it- i would like to find out a bit more about snapes background
Lilithakaducky chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
A very nice insight into Snape's home life and exactly how I'd imagine it to have been. Good work:-)
Tre-lawney chapter 1 . 1/7/2006
This is a fabulous little expansion into that fly-killing memory.
N Snape chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
hi, I'm noe (noesumeragi from LJ), I'm lurking around and I absolutely loved this story... Snape is just as I always imagined him, bitter, desiring another path outside his run down home... And the end, killing that flie so ruthlessly... great story! (continue writing teenager!Severus, yes? :)
Meta Capricorn chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
Yes, he did seem very realistic! Isn't it the scene Harry saw in his mind? (shootingdown flies, I mean)

See ya,

Meta
Harmonic Friction chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
This is one of the best Snape fics I have ever read. So short, yet packing so much emotion (or lack of), hearthache, and angst. Oh, angst. I still believe in Snape! This story is brilliant. Thanks.
Persephone Lupin chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
Nice little fici, that's exactly how I imagine Snape's parents, him working in that factory (do they spin fabric there?)and getting drunk all the time and her not able to leave him. I wonder if Severus might have had some trouble with his respiratory system because of the polluted air and water? Probably he had a permanent snivel? Hence the name Snivellus? This neighbourhood must be unhealthy for kids! And the family, too ...
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
Nicely depressing and angst-filled. Recommending to the SnapeAngst C2. ;)