Reviews for Wendy
louise39 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Rec by Snickfic.

Spike can be arrogant and hard-edged and in this story, he is surprised by Joyce's compassion and his response.
Death-Muncher chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
That was a cute but sad story.
JenCarpeDiem chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
This was a really great read. I'll be checking out your other work. :)
Summers-Girl chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
that was a really good story. lovely. but sad.
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
Favourite line: "you're invisible to yourself from the throat up without the eyes of a lover to tell you what you look like", but then this was just so good that you damn near broke my heart when Joyce died. Gorgeous story. More please.
Ninnik Nishukan chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
Gah. Almost made me cry again.

This is one of the best Spike and Joyce stories I have ever read, and I do adore those.

Its interesting sometimes when the focus goes to the less written characters- in this one Buffy was hardly even mentioned.

This was sad and touching and made me wish hed worked up the nerve to tell her about the illness.

It was certainly Spike in a different light, and Joyce too. It was nice that it wasnt just silly anecdotes and hot chocolate and Buffy being angry at them for being friends, like it usually is.

It was a plausible, or at least inventive, theory of what Spike was doing all that time when trying to deal with his newfound unability to feed.
ttygrr chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
This is lovely (and brought a tear to my eye). Thank you for a fresh perspective on the Spike & Joyce relationship. Keep up the good work and I'll be looking for more of your stories.
Lilian chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
I don't particularly *like* Spike (I do lust after him, though), particularly after what the Spuffy/Angel wars did to the fandom. But reading this, I couldn't help but want to reach out to him in the way Joyce did.

There isn't much Joyce fic out there, but you've written her like I picture her to be: strong, but not Buffy-strong. Her strength comes from a different place, has a different outlet... she is a woman of conviction, and she can't help but care for the smelly, sickly vampire that once tried to kill her.

I loved how you wrote this from Spike's POV, how he is so desperate at the beggining, the need to hurt, to lash ot at whatever lays in his way... I can't tell you how much I loved this.

Hope you keep on writing!
LMBossy chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
Back then you were good because you thought you had no choice, and you like being bad, don't you mate?

Loved Spike's inner voice, and seeing the growth of their relationship was wonderful. Sad ending, still on a nice note ... Joyce accepting Spike for what he is, more than he could have hoped.
The Phantom chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
My local art museum had a huge Dale Chihuly exhibit. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. There was one glass sculpture that was just this tower of writhing color and light. It was astounding.

And this story was lovely. I really dig your references to Spike's unhealthy appearance; skinny, pale, smelly. It's very sad, but very vivid and real. And of course, Joyce the Angel just shines in this piece. So lovely.

Another golden piece.

~ Phantom
satanslut chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
This was really quite something! I'm very impressed with how well you caught Spike's psyche and with the fragmentary way in which you told this story!
Jasmine Reinier chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
T_T Aww...that was fantastic...truely a marvelous job!

This is going on my favorites list for sure!

Ja!