Reviews for Owari
Melitot Proud Eye chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Pieces like this - simple, deep and true - always have the ability to wound me; but they also remain in the heart. Thank you for writing.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
That's definitely the way "he" should go, at the dojo surrounded by his loved ones, not from some skin eating disease.
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
How on earth did I never notice this gem? (Apparently I'm either an idiot or blind!) Anyway, I adore this ficlet. The quiet passing of such a great man. And he deserved it to be this way. You let him get a bit older than I seem to be able to accept (and I'm glad for that). I just love how he's drowsing and simply slips away in a peaceful, happy setting. In his home with his family... something he would never have dreamed possible all those years ago.

And I love that it is Megumi who found him. Not only because she is the doctor, but also because she could never have him in life... it's kind of nice for her to have that last moment with him (I know maybe the fact that he's dead in that last moment might make that a weird thing for me to say... but you KNOW that once the others hear, he won't be alone again. She just has this moment where, if she wants to take it, she can say goodbye privately. I think for all that she gave up to let Kenshin be happy with Kaoru, she deserves that much...)

I'm done rambling now. Beautiful work... A fav of mine for sure!

Sirius
Lilly McFadden chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
I really liked this one. It's both a sad and happy ending.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Hey! :) I think I've reviewed this story before, but I just want to drop by and say you're probably the best one-shot writer in Ruroken fandom. Generally when I stop writing in a fandom I gradually comb out those stories from my favs list as the shine fades, but not yours, yet!
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
but to me, they never will die, any of them. the beauty of a fictional character... i just simply refuse to believe it.
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
Simple. Sweet. Touching. A lesson in devotion.

*Can only think of the Bleach theory that the reason husbands nad wives followed one another in death is because the other came back and ate their soul as a Hollow.*

*Is very ashamed of herself.*
charmed-sword chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Despite this being about Kenshin's death, it's really very peaceful, and rather than feel sad, I felt happy for him. Dying naturally of old age, with the voices of his grandchildren in his ears... I liked it.
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
I think that this is Kenshin you're talking about and I also firmy believe that this is how he should have gone, a peaceful happy old man surrounded by his friends and family. Not dying of some awful illness in the middle of China! Thanks for writing this!
StarShipDelta chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
Wow...short but very poignant. How I would like to picture him as going, peacefully as an old man after a long, full life...
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
(-ahem-) My bottom lip is NOT trembling, and I just have something in my eye is all.
lawless chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
That was...very, very short. But very, very poignant. Who is that guy? Is he who I think he is?
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
I love the ambiguity of the death here. Although I picture it as Sano's, it could easily be Kenshin's. A peaceful and graceful ending.
Murasahki-chan chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
Such lovely ambiguity. Whoever this character is-safe to say, a man of importance to Megumi and all the Kenshin-gumi-he seems to be passing in an atmosphere of peace and contentment, if wishing, perhaps, for _her_ voice.
ahou incarnate chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
Short but sweet! ...I'm not sure who died really; Kenshin or Sano maybe? "Her voice missing." Kaoru's? And why is she gone? Eeks! _ Me is a little confused.