Reviews for The Healer and the Warrior
Beloved Daughter chapter 3 . 12/17/2013
Oh. Wow. I am in absolute awe of this story. It's just so brilliant. I adored the way you characterized them. I can't wait to read your other stories!
Blackgenius chapter 3 . 11/4/2013
This is very well done. You deserve congratulations simply for your efforts in translating your story into English; you write more coherently than many to whom it is their first language. I liked that their identities stayed a mystery to each other till the very last moment. I look forward to reading more of your work :)
Los Buenos Fics y Sus Autores chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Hello, Maddy!

I’m writing to tell you that your story has been recommended in the forum Los Buenos Fics y sus Autores (Good Fics and their Authors) for being considered a good work.

Thanks for your contribution to the fandom!
excalibur2007 chapter 2 . 9/26/2013
Leonor of Castile, Leonor Plantagenet, was one of the most fascinating and powerful women of her time.
She arrived in Castilla when she was only a girl, but she would influence on her husband profoundly.
The legend says they loved each other deeply, though her husband had an affaire with a beautiful hebrew girl called Rachel, who died tragically.
Leonor died only two weeks after her husband.
Ana
excalibur2007 chapter 3 . 9/26/2013
Leonor of Castilla, greatly loved by her husband, is the ancestor of Alfonso X el Sabio (the Wise), a great spanish king. he wrote about Law, Astronomy, History, Poetry...
His School of Translators in Toledo dealt with islamic, latin...texts. he wrote in the language of Castilla, in Latin, in Gallego,...
His Cantigas, musical poems in Gallego-Portugués, were beautifully illustrated by the best painters: depicting warriors and their horses, everyday life in the fields, a woman being cured after being battered by her husband, etc.
He wrote about games, especially CHESS.
Maddys models for her Lothíriel very well chosen.
Interesting dilemma if with the written word we reach what the author intends or we read what we wish to read.
Ana
queenyuks chapter 3 . 6/19/2013
Love it! On the to sequel!
Light on the Horizon chapter 3 . 1/13/2013
Great story so far... now I'm off to read the next part :-)
justlikejane chapter 3 . 11/4/2012
so great- i cant wait to start the next part!
justlikejane chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
the pure greatness of this chapter has left me almost speechless! its so different from your average Eomer/Lothiriel story- but in a good way!
Culhilien chapter 3 . 10/16/2012
Loved it!
excalibur2007 chapter 3 . 7/10/2012
I casually came upon this little masterpiece only a few months ago. This young girl has managed, with a simple and pure style, to create a rich world with unique characters. Where other writers make us drown in an endless sea of words and complicated imagery, she has been able to captivate, exhilarate and thrill us.
Literature is my second love. The Healer and The Warrior series was a discovery, I had never been interested in fan fiction writing before. No matter that the characters needed some depth sometimes or a darker side, she made them real. No matter she quoted from other playwrights, especially her Amrothos, many acknowledged masterpieces are not truly original. It is the way the writer twists and turns an original idea from another that can make it unique.
Two characters, maybe more were going to be expanded in All is Fair in Love and War (draft completed). Another story was going to come out. Terrible circumstances didn't make it possible. I hope somebody (family, friends or beta ) will be able to publish someday those two stories to give a close to this little piece of art of this unique girl, who would have undoubtedly been one of the chosen ones who perdure.
Kiiimberly chapter 3 . 6/19/2012
Hah! This was very hilarious and adorable. I can't wait to see their official meeting. Best line: I want you in bed.
b5delenn chapter 3 . 4/13/2012
Amazing story, very well constructed. Very realistic the atitude of both and their reactions to the horrors of the war.
Duchess of Blueberries chapter 3 . 2/2/2012
I liked this story very much. I'm now off to read the sequel!
littlemsstrawberry chapter 3 . 9/27/2011