Reviews for The Healer and the Warrior
justlikejane chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
the pure greatness of this chapter has left me almost speechless! its so different from your average Eomer/Lothiriel story- but in a good way!
Culhilien chapter 3 . 10/16/2012
Loved it!
excalibur2007 chapter 3 . 7/10/2012
I casually came upon this little masterpiece only a few months ago. This young girl has managed, with a simple and pure style, to create a rich world with unique characters. Where other writers make us drown in an endless sea of words and complicated imagery, she has been able to captivate, exhilarate and thrill us.
Literature is my second love. The Healer and The Warrior series was a discovery, I had never been interested in fan fiction writing before. No matter that the characters needed some depth sometimes or a darker side, she made them real. No matter she quoted from other playwrights, especially her Amrothos, many acknowledged masterpieces are not truly original. It is the way the writer twists and turns an original idea from another that can make it unique.
Two characters, maybe more were going to be expanded in All is Fair in Love and War (draft completed). Another story was going to come out. Terrible circumstances didn't make it possible. I hope somebody (family, friends or beta ) will be able to publish someday those two stories to give a close to this little piece of art of this unique girl, who would have undoubtedly been one of the chosen ones who perdure.
Kiiimberly chapter 3 . 6/19/2012
Hah! This was very hilarious and adorable. I can't wait to see their official meeting. Best line: I want you in bed.
b5delenn chapter 3 . 4/13/2012
Amazing story, very well constructed. Very realistic the atitude of both and their reactions to the horrors of the war.
Duchess of Blueberries chapter 3 . 2/2/2012
I liked this story very much. I'm now off to read the sequel!
littlemsstrawberry chapter 3 . 9/27/2011
love it!
LyradanaGreetsTheWind chapter 3 . 4/6/2011
Oh, my goodness. Such a complicated encounter...

Well done! That was very well done. I was glad to chance upon this tale of yours and twice gladdened as it made my heart sing to read it all.

So little is the Princess Lothiriel mentioned, but for the footnotes and the lists of whom begot whom and when in the Return of the King, we would have no idea as to whom Eomer, King and Horselord, took to bride after the last battle.

We all know of the story of his sister, who met her true love in the Houses of the Healing in the White City. Many days and weeks it took for her and Faramir's spirits to be refreshed and for them to look to one another. So it is with great irony that here in your story that two young people meet in such a situation and form a bond of sorts, so very quickly and thankfully in private.

I will now go forth and read all of your other stories in hope of further merriment or perhaps excitement. Thank you for writing and sharing such a lovely story.

By the by, thanks are due to the author T'Key'la who mentions your work amoungst her favourites. Her listing of your story happily led me to your site and so thanks are due to magic of fan fiction for spreading the joy of reading to so many.
Certh chapter 3 . 2/2/2011
I cannot believe I have only just found this! It is a truly remarkable piece, with beautiful detail and imagery, wonderful dialogue and a very Middle-earth-ish feel.

Also, the best Eomer/Lothiriel stories I have come across so far. I tip my hat.

Certh
angelic-bitch chapter 3 . 12/5/2010
One of the best E and L meetings I have ever read! :)
AHealingRenaissance chapter 2 . 5/12/2010
""Not if you were sitting on the mark."

From all possible retorts this was the most unfortunate. He had baited her and she had fallen for the bait. For the first time in ages the healer blushed, and she was sure he noticed."

:falls over laughing hysterically:
Oarabelle chapter 3 . 4/12/2010
What interesting situations these two get in to! Beautiful beginning. Well thought out.
Oarabelle chapter 2 . 4/12/2010
Fabulous! Their banter is very entertaining. I love your depiction of Eomer, very true to the books in my opinion.
Oarabelle chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
What an awesome start to this story! Both now know each is not what they seem at first glance. Curiosity has been stirred.
Saltwater chapter 3 . 2/21/2009
I like this. Its subtley detailed quite intricately, and very true to both the times you have pleaced your characters in, and to the characters themself.

I found it got a little formal though, in their interaction with each other. Or rather, in the way you presented them interacting. Im not sure im explaining this right, but somehow, to me at least, it didnt have so much of a natural flow of action and reaction. It seemed a just a little calculating on your part, a little presentational, and i felt i could almost hear you thinking 'and then she will say this and he will react like this' behind the subtexts of the story, in some parts. This came through the most in Lothiriel's dip into darker subject matter, just before Eomer hugged her. It felt somehow forced. Well written and understandable, but forced.

Still, on the whole this was deffenitely a well writtend story, and i'm DEFFENITELY going to read on further.
93 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »