Reviews for Red Roses
BookRookie12 chapter 1 . 3/19/2018
I once again have to ask: Are you Arthur Conan Doyle reincarnated?

This is sad, and yet the characterizations are so on point: an irritable, tired Watson worn out from running (not literally) place to place and back home only to run back out in the cold and the dark and the fog once again; and a lonely, dangerously self-deprecating Holmes who's going through withdrawal for Watson (bad metaphor alert).

Poor Sherlock and poor John. They're growing apart from each other and they don't know how to mend the gap. I'd hoped to read a second chapter, but in true FINA style you left it with its bitterly resigned ending. Holmes was THIS CLOSE... and yet so far. My poor boys... Please be friends again.

I also liked Mary here. I don't like how a lot of people (especially Johnlock shippers) portrayed her. John genuinely loved her, and she really loved him, and that's that. Though I'm a Johnlock shipper myself, I know that John's love for Mary had nothing to do with Sherlock at all - unlike some people's opinion, she's not his second-best or second-anything. For John, she's the best woman, just as Sherlock is the best man.
Dogmatil chapter 1 . 3/29/2015
oh you described Holmes's depression so well, I could even feel his despair at the whole situation. I wish you would have continued this to see how the two managed to solve this problem.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
What a great piece! A pity it is not longer, showing Holmes recovering somehow (preferably with the Watsons' help), but then we all know that this is not very distant from Reichenbach and it might have been a bit difficult for him at that time... And in any case it sounds very much like ACD himself, too, including the slightly bitter, resigned end.
tripleransom chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
Oh, this was biter and aaaangsty and...I can't say I enjoyed it, but it was brilliant.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Look at all the deserved praise - ever thought of re-uploading *that one* fanfiction again?
Pearl of the Orient Seas chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Amazing!

I didn't know ANYONE could portray Holmes this beautifully...

Or is it me, and only me, or do I really have a very, very, very, dirty mind?
Agent ERA chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Well, that was...oddly disturbing. Are you going to continue this one? Well written.
Ennairam Atrum Austerus chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
Why did you stop, this story needs a second chapter at least ;)
QueenOfHearts3 chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
huh. didnt care much for Watson's characterization in this one. its not in his nature to be that irritable and dismissive of someone- particularly Holmes, even when hes so thoroughly... "difficult," and certainly not for an extended period XD ill try and put it down to overwork, but really.

as for Holmes himself, that was... quite an interesting portrayal. it fits very well for his darker moods. i should very much like to see more of this, but i dont suppose that will happen, considering the Publish date. i do so want to know what happened, though... *resigned sigh*
radishface chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Simply breathtaking. You straddle the tensions very well and sustained them perfectly to the very end.
rabidsamfan chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
This is fascinating, and I admit to wishing it were longer. Thank you!
Wicked R chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
perfect Conan Doyle style and much better than a crime story. I just don't unerstand, how could you stop there?
SilentOmega12e chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
Oh Please write more chapters! I want to know what happens next?

what is Holmes going to do?
mildetryth chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
This was VERY good. I don't know whether you based it at this, but that theory about everyone being brains in tubs really exists. I thoroughly enjoyed this.
Suzakna Chan chapter 1 . 3/7/2007
o.o this is good! I really like this! You must update! I like Sherlock Holmes, and a yaoi/yuri/slash fan a friend of mine got me addicted to it a year or more ago ; I really enjoyed reading this, and I'm sad that you haven't updated! It's a very well written fanfiction, and I would hope that you might consider updating... again, I enjoyed the story immensly, and keep up the good work! *gives you a cookie*