Reviews for Eowyn Chronicles, Part 1
The Phoenician chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
These three stories of yours are by far the best LOTR fanfiction I've read. I don't say this lightly. I've read all of them that are worth reading. I've read Tolkien's books many times over. Most of the LOTR fanfiction is just sentimental or pretensions drivel or hilariously anachronistic adolescent daydreams. Though your story is A/U and even contrary to Tolkien's conception of his characters and his overall world view (at least in the case of your depiction of Boromir), it is still the best I've read because it is such a well crafted story. Not one plot device or one motif is superfluous. You use everything. There is a pay-off to everything. And it is all just so beautifully written.

I read this for the first time six years ago during a 9 hour red eye flight overseas. I found myself getting choked up reading Eowyn's ordeal in imprisonment when she becomes resigned to her fate because she feels there is no place to go where she won't be a burden and there is nothing in the world to give her any comfort or joy. You do such an amazing job at explaining the terrible burden of immortality.

All I can say is bravo. I think you must be a professional writer who wrote this on a lark and posted it one day without giving it a second thought. How else to explain someone who pops up out of the blue on this site and writes so well? Whoever you are, I would love to read more from you.

The only reason why you don't have more reviews on this site is because you posted it all at once instead of dragging it out in dribs and drabs as others do. It's a crying shame that more people haven't praised this great story.
Dimfuin chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
What a unique idea! Well, sort of. Telling the story from Eowyn's point of view is not unique, but your spin on it is very original. I quite enjoyed this, and I look forward to the next ones! You must have placed great thought into your story, because things are so interwoven and complicated and correctly dated and everything. I like how everything happens just as it happened in the book-eventually. Eowyn and Faramir were married; Eowyn killed the Witch-king; Denethor tried to burn him, etc.

I would have liked it better if Boromir had refused her because of another woman, as I am not a fan of slash, but that is really my only beef. Excellant work!
Good Queen Vold chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
You may want to split this into separate chapters, mate. 'Tis very long.
Ayne chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
It's Lovely.

I like it so much, Good job.
Meg Ishiro chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
Absolutely BEAUTIFULLY written, but please seperate the chapters into actual chapters as it makes everything less intimidating. Reviewers immediately judge which stories to review depending on the length though they might be wrong. Other than that, this is AMAZING.

~Meg