Reviews for Gone
LaceNLeather24 chapter 11 . 12/13/2011
I loved it just everything about this story is what makes it one of the best ones on this site. I felt as if I was watching an action movie.
Alliegirl4life chapter 25 . 8/27/2009
Absolutely fantastic! I'm glad to know that Stephanie is pregnant. :) Great end to a good story and I hope to read more of your stories soon.
Nina chapter 25 . 8/26/2009
I've read it, but I need to read it about 4 more times to take everything in and I'm just so sad it's ending, but I loved it, review to come later! :D
TakerTakeMe chapter 24 . 8/23/2009
Wow, what a long ride this has been! I wasn't sure if they were going to make it out alive or not, especially after JBL didn't seem to have a problem taking one of his own men out. I guess Kennedy was disposable after all! I'm not going to say he deserved to die but he wasn't exactly a good guy here, not like Ted turned out to be.

Ted. I'm so happy he turned out to be a good guy here. I just don't know how Chris, Stephanie, and Ash would've made it out of this day alive if Ted hadn't been a part of this whole thing. I wasn't too sure about Ted at first but then he was nice to Ash and he tried to help comfort him, and that kind of gave me a clue that maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought he was. I'm just really grateful that good prevailed here, and that he was just there period.

I wonder if Vince will ever fully get his memory back? I doubt it but it's nice that he could remember some things. And what a coincidence it was that the memory he had just happened to give Stephanie a clue to the first part of the code? He helped her without even knowing!

Chris was really brave here. He'd been beaten up and battered for almost 24 hours and yet he still managed to help beat JBL up and even broke the door down to get to Stephanie. He got shot in the leg and I winced when I learned that part but at least it was there and not in the chest or somewhere more serious. And he was smart! I never would've thought to use "STEPH" for the second part of the code, well not the numeric part anyway. He's brilliant, I say.

I'm so happy that this had a happy ending! Shawn's dead, Randy's dead, Bret's dead...other not as important people are dead (Barbie!)...JBL and Adamle are captured... Chris, Steph, Ash, Kurt, and Ted all made it out alive. Vince is alive. Couldn't have asked for a better ending. I wonder what the second part of the plan was that Adamle was talking about, and who else might've been working for them, but some questions are better left unanswered! I'm just so happy that Chris and Steph are getting a second chance at a life together.

I'm so happy to have been along for the ride on this one, fantastic job! Three thumbs up!

Alliegirl4life chapter 24 . 8/20/2009
EXCELLENT CHAPTER! I loved this story. I cannot wait to read the epilogue; again, great job with the characterizations and descriptions. I could literally picture Stephanie looking at her father as he apologized to her. Very touching.
DCFanatic4life chapter 24 . 8/20/2009
No need to thank me, thank YOU for producing such an amazing trilogy of stories that have captivated me from the very first chapter of the very first story. You should be SO proud of this story and the trilogy as a whole. You kept me on the edge of my seat and you never disappointed with any of the chapters, each one was better than the next and each day you went through was crazier than the next. I don't know how you managed to accomplish a story like this, I can't even fathom undertaking something so complex and detailed as this story and have it come off as well as you have executed this story. You have done a wonderful job and as sad as I am to see it end, I'm so happy that you finished the story itself and I swear, I will get to Visions soon, but for now, I just want to congratulate you on a job well done.

Now for the chapter, the beginning, that was really sad when Stephanie couldn't see a flicker of anything with Vince. Even though he set the horrors of Chris and Stephanie's lives into motion very long ago, he did love his daughter, still does and she loves him, whatever he does to her so it was especially heart-wrenching that he didn't remember her at all. Then with all the stress she had trying to come up with a password, all she wanted was to go home and try and be a family with Chris again and she has to sit there and figure out a code, knowing JBL might have said she had all the time she needed, but knowing that wasn't the case.

This chapter had a lot of twists and turns it and even until the end, I was questioning everything. I kept thinking that Kurt would end up turning out to be a bad guy, I don't know why, I just kept thinking it and when Chris was going to hand over Ash, I was just like, apprehensive about it because I was like, Chris is trusting him and a lot of people he's trusted throughout the story have turned out to be a bad guy, but I'm glad that wasn't the case. Then you had me worrying that Ted was going to get erroneously taken out by Kurt at the shed. I kept talking aloud to myself that Ted was a good guy and I hoped Kurt wouldn't hurt him, but he didn't and I'm glad Ted was there.

Then when Chris was going to take out JBL and Ted take out Adamle, I'd forgotten how weak Chris was and it surprised me JBL got away, but I guess Chris found strength enough to break down the door to save Stephanie. You had me again when JBL shot at Chris. I never know where you're going with this story and I was thinking like, "Oh my God, is she really going to kill off Chris right at the end, that would be such a big swerve!" I was actually really worried that you might go out with a huge bang and kill of Chris, but thank goodness he was just shot in the leg.

I loved the part where she went over to him and started crying thinking he was dead. It was just such a nice parallel scene from the one involving Chris when he thought he'd shot Stephanie. It's like, now they understand each other on a new level. They've both experienced what feels like true loss and I think that can only strengthen them further. You also added a sweet, funny moment where Chris came up with the password in like twenty seconds, just showing up Stephanie. It was just so him to just know that and show off to her while she's standing there.

The ending was really poignant. I knew there would be personal items in the vault, but the way you had Vince and Stephanie interact was really beautiful. For that moment, he was her father and she had him back. She'd lost so much in the previous years and now she at least has a piece of her family, for however short she has her father. And behind him, there's Chris, who she can start a new life with and yeah, there are things that need to be tied up (like Chris and Steph!) and I really anxiously await the epilogue, which I know will be wonderful, but you've done a great job with this last chapter. It was everything I could've hoped for and it was great.

I just want to say again how amazing this story has been and thank you for sharing your immense talent with me and your other readers. I cannot say enough about this story and I tell every Smoochy Dreamer I encounter to read it because it is that awesome. You've made it to the end, be proud because you've done an amazing job! :D
TakerTakeMe chapter 23 . 8/2/2009
Wow. All I can say is wow. JBL wants money and whatever else is in the vault, and that's it? All Stephanie has to do is figure out the code and her family is free to walk away and start their lives over? It sounds too good to be true. Suppose she opens the vault and there's really nothing there? What if it's a makeshift crypt or something? How will JBL react then?

So what it all boils down to, is that every one of Chris and Stephanie's bad days is Vince's fault. And to think, he's been alive all this time. How completely evil of him! He's sick now and I kind of think it serves him right! But what if he's pretending? Could that even be possible? He can't even remember his own daughter...

I thought JBL's men were going to find Kurt in the suv. I was holding my hreath at that point, it's just a scary thought!

Ted good! I'm so happy about that. SO happy!

Great update, I'm finally all caught up with this story, yay!

TakerTakeMe chapter 22 . 8/2/2009
JBL? What the hell does this have to do with this? I keep getting more and more shocked with each chapter. I can't fathom what JBL would want from Stephanie besides maybe money or something.

Ted is a good guy? Yes! I had a feeling, I just had that feeling that maybe he wasn't as much as a bad guy as he seemed. So happy he might end up saving the day or something.

So scared to read the next chapter... Something horrible could happen. I've learned to expect the unexpected with this story so I'm expecting for something totally left field to happen. Maybe Kurt will turn out to be a bad guy? That would suck...

Off to read the next chapter.

TakerTakeMe chapter 21 . 8/2/2009
Oh God, Mike Adamle. Who could he possibly be working under? I never expected for him to make an appearance but I guess I should know by now to expect the unexpected with this story!

Katie Lea definitely seems like the type to be a super wild driver. She seems like one of those daredevil types so her actions here are very believable. I'm surprised she didn't run into anything, the way she was speeding through the woods!

Ted doesn't seem to be 100% bad guy. Just the way he kept observing Ash, the way he would've said something to Ash about planes if he knew anything about him, the way he wondered why Ash needed to be involved anyway. The signs are all there and I want to believe them! Could our Ted actually turn out to be something of a hero in the end? Fingers crossed...

Poor Chris, he's had so much to worry about...and Stephanie too. I hope they can get to Ash soon, I really do.

Great chapter, off to read the next one!

TakerTakeMe chapter 20 . 8/2/2009
Stephanie's alive! Yes! There's hope yet for an Irvine family reunion, if only they can catch up with Ash. So Kennedy and Ted are working for someone else, a guy. I wonder who the driver of their getaway car is, this woman... I can't figure out who else would want revenge on Chris and Stephanie after all this time.

Randy is dead! I truly believe he deserved that, too, after all he's done. I don't even remember why he wanted revenge on Chris in the first place! But it was like poetic justice or something... I was happy to see him go because he was the freaking DEVIL!

I don't even know what to expect now. This story is such a wild ride, so unpredictable, and I love it. It's storming here now so there might be a delay between now and the next time I read and review, that's why!

Great job...seriously, great job!

TakerTakeMe chapter 19 . 8/2/2009
Randy, that stupid bastard, I hate him right now! I truly hate him! Why would he make Chris shoot Stephanie? I mean...he's just ridiculous, man, and I hate him. At first I thought it was just a test, that he'd just test Chris to see if he'd really shoot Stephanie but he'd move his hand at the last minute... But he really made him shoot her...

There's a part of me inside that believes that Stephanie isn't dead. She just can't be. Was she still wearing that jacket that she had to wear, that police jacket? Because if she did, maybe it had some kind of protective lining or something, maybe it took the bullet instead of Steph taking it. I can only hope.

At least Ash will be set free. But will it really matter? Because both of his parents might be dead, and then he'll be all alone. I don't see how he'll ever be able to get through this, without being emotionally scarred. He's only five, a lot of people way older than him never have to go through something this horrible and they still end up traumatized. I can just imagine how he's going to end up. He'll definitely need some intense therapy after this!

Oh, and Bret got shot in the head! That gave me a bit of perverse satisfaction. Most of this is all his fault anyway, wanting his revenge on Shawn. If he hadn't sprung Randy from prison then maybe things wouldn't be going this way... I had a feeling Randy and Bret would end up coming to blows eventually, and I hope he's dead...

Very good (but sad!) chapter! I really hope Kurt hurries up and gets there, but then I'm worried about the police captain - crooked, right? And what's up with Kennedy and Ted? They have their own deal going on... So much going on that I'm scared to read on, but I must!

TakerTakeMe chapter 18 . 8/2/2009
Chris's outburst might've just made a bad situation worse. If you've ever watched the movie "Mean Girls" then you'll know what I mean when I say it seems like he had a bad case of word vomit! It just kept coming out and he couldn't stop it. But it made sense though. Bret needs to move on. Shawn is dead, he might as well just get over this whole thing. It's been ten years already!

Ash is such a brave little boy, I am so proud of him, but I am also so scared for him. Randy and Bret seem to want to do anything to make Chris suffer, including hurting Ash...the thought of what could happen to that little boy makes me cringe, and I hope I'm wrong.

Kurt is going to be a hero... I'm wanting him to be one, anyway! He's like our last hope now, especially since Stephanie's now at the church. The thing I'm a bit worried about is the fact that he's working with a crooked cop and he doesn't know it...

Finally starting to catch up now, aren't you proud of me? Many more chapters to go but I'm looking forward to them! A little scared of what might happen though...

DCFanatic4life chapter 23 . 8/2/2009
I've been waiting so anxiously for this next chapter and you totally didn't disappoint. And also, awesome on the epilogue, I'm so happy I get an epilogue! This chapter was so jam-packed with stuff and I loved it. I just simply loved it and I don't think I could pinpoint any one point, but the entire thing was awesome and I know the next chapter is going to be equally awesome.

It's surprising that JBL has been behind everything and yet doesn't want to really harm them, even though they've been pretty harmed as it is. It seems like everything didn't exactly go according to plan, but JBL is trying to fit what happened into his plan to make it look like he's a bigger mastermind than he is, if that makes any sense. He might think he has control though, but I'm not so sure, I guess we'll really see.

I'm glad they didn't find Kurt. I know his part of the story isn't over and I just can't wait to see how he's going to play a part in all of this. I guess there is still a chance that he's not on the side of good, but I really do hope that he is. One person we do know is on the side of good is Ted and that just makes me grin. I love that he's actually a good guy and that he helped Chris with the switch blade. I also really liked how Ash almost instinctively seems to know that Ted is a good guy because he actually seems more comfortable with him than he has been with any of his other abductors.

I'm glad Chris and Steph got to see Ash though, that was a nice touch. It made it seem like things were going to be okay and that JBL really does just want the money. I had a feeling Vince was alive, I was right for once, but I had no idea that he was the one that actually wanted something to happen to Chris. Granted, he might not have wanted a car crash, but to know that Vince, however inadvertent, started this entire sequence of events, from the very start, now that was a shocker. How crazy is that! Then to find out he's slowly forgetting everything, wow, it's seriously a whole lot of crazy.

It was really kind of sad that he didn't know who Stephanie was though. She loves her dad and for him to not know her, that has to really sting. I really hope that she can open the vault so this can all be over. Of course, I think other stuff is going to happen, big stuff and I can't wait for that. I just have this feeling that she'll get it open and instead of finding money, it's actually something sentimental that has to do with Stephanie. I don't know why, but I keep thinking that will happen. I guess we'll see and I cannot wait for it. I'm going to be on the edge of my seat until you update! You're doing a great job with this. :D

On a side note, I read your review for Under the Watchful Eye, I actually spent time everyday of that week writing so that I could update everything and I did find time to sleep lol. Also, I have to catch up on reviewing Visions, but don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it. :)
Alliegirl4life chapter 23 . 7/31/2009
Aw, that's so sad. I feel so sorry for Stephanie now that her own father does not remember her. Who could imagine that Vince was still alive after all this time? I certainly didn't, that's for sure.

Finally Ted helps Chris! It's about time. I was waiting for him to do something like that.

Also I love the detailing in this chapter. I could literally picture the vault in my mind as I was reading about it. Nice job.

Overall, another great chapter. I cannot wait to read more!
Alliegirl4life chapter 22 . 7/14/2009
John Bradshaw Layfield, who would have known? As always, you're doing great so far. I cannot wait to read more, especially since I'm curious about Stephanie's supposed, "Delivery." What is she supposed to "deliver"? Also, I couldn't help but notice how Ted has remained relatively quiet throughout this entire story. It makes me wonder if he was under cover the entire time. Overall, I'll definitely be anticipating the next chapter.