Reviews for What Can Come of Cooking
I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH OMG
Cherrylle chapter 12 . 8/7/2015
How cute...
Guest chapter 12 . 6/23/2014
I really love the story!
Hidden Courage chapter 12 . 8/12/2012
Alot of dinner gets ruined in this story! :O Lol It's soooooo kawaii. good job!
Presidential Scholars Program chapter 12 . 3/22/2012
What Can Come of Cooking

"Uh—two please."

"Sir, that's not enough yen."

"What? Yes it is! I counted it out myself!"

"No it's not. See, you've counted it out all wrong."

"No way in hell!"

"Can't you add up? Look, you don't even have…"

"Kyo. Kyo, stop yelling." Tohru poked up behind Kyo. He whirled around to see her.

"Oh. Hey Tohru. Sorry, but this guy just isn't taking my money," he growled, turning around to glare that chunky, bleary-eyed man behind the counter. Kyo's expression didn't seem to affect him.

"He doesn't have enough," the balding man answered. Tohru shook her head slightly as she dug around her wallet and produced the finishing amount of money.

"Here's your ice cream," the man said in a bored tone, handing them two cones of chocolate. Tohru smiled at him.

"Thanks!"

Kyo walked away swiftly. Tohru paused and then ran to caught up with him. Once she did, she giggled.

Kyo glared at her. "What's so funny?" he asked.

"Just that whole thing! You got really angry at him for the wrong reasons." Tohru smiled at him. Kyo blushed.

"Well, he was being irritating about it. So damn calm and boring…"

Tohru didn't answer, falling in stride with him. Kyo slowed his steps so Tohru could stay with him, for which she was grateful.

"So…" She checked her watch. "It's been one whole hour since our journey started! Where are going to go now?"

Kyo bit his lower lip in thought. "Ice cream at six o'clock in the morning isn't healthy, you know," he informed her suddenly.

"Kyo, you're the one who wanted ice cream."

He shrugged. "I was just letting you know."

The two continued to walk, hand in hand, in companionable silence. Tohru glanced at all the signs around them on the busy main street. She looked over at Kyo.

"I haven't been in this part of Tokyo much."

Kyo shrugged. "I have a bit. It's nice to come down here once in a while."

Tohru nodded, slowly finishing off her ice cream. "So, what do you want to do next?" she asked perkily.

Kyo looked down at her. "Um..I don't know?" he asked, a wary look in his eyes.

"It's just that there's so much to do down here! Look at all these different stores and buildings and—OOH!" She pulled Kyo over to a poster she saw hanging, tacked onto one of the flimsy trees planted in the cement. Kyo grudgingly let himself be dragged over.

"What did you find?" he asked, straightening up to read the sign. Tohru pointed excitedly at it.

"Oh, Kyo, it's dancing lessons!"

Kyo's face paled.

"What?" he asked hoarsely.

"Dance lessons! Ballroom dancing! Here!" She bent in to read the smaller print. The paper had a small grand piano in the corner. Kyo eyed it angrily. "It says the building is just around the corner!" Tohru hopped back, looking up at Kyo and smiling. "Don't you think that sounds fun?"

Kyo grimaced. "Dancing? Ballroom dancing? Are you serious, Tohru?"

"I—well—it sounds fun…"

"Yea, to a girl! I mean, I don't—It's just—do you seriously think I'm the kind of guy to go out and start ballroom dancing?"

"It says the first lessons are free." Tohru's voice was quiet now. Kyo knew he was going to win the argument, but the feeling of pride didn't last long. The sad look in Tohru's eyes was enough to startle him into uncertainty. Dammit. Having a girlfriend had its complications.

"That is…well…" Kyo grimaced again. Her face looked so sad… "No! Tohru, I'm NOT going to dance in front of a bunch of strangers! I don't—" He sighed and leaned in closer. "I don't even know how to dance, all right?"

"That's what lessons are for!" Tohru cried.

Kyo chuckled. "I'm starting to rub off on you. I don't know if that's a good thing," he said, scratching his head idly. "Dancing is just so…stupid!"

"Kyooo…"

"No. Tohru, no. When I said let's go out and have fun, that didn't exactly include some stupid, stuffy, dancing lessons. All right?"

"Well…" Tohru looked sadly at the poster. Kyo tried to ignore her, and instead, looked at a crack in the sidewalk. "All right. You win, Kyo." Her tone made him grow all the more uncomfortable. Geez, he was softening up! What an old marshmallow he was turning into.

"Fine," he spat, before he could change his mind. "We can go."

Tohru's face immediately brightened. "Really?"

Tohru could have danced on air. Kyo was going to dance! With her! The truth was, she didn't know the first thing about dancing either, and she was bit scared to try it. After all, would Kyo laugh at her sad attempts of dancing, or would he be even worse and just get angry?

"But only if there's no one there we know! If there's someone there…" Kyo shuddered. "Who wants to be seen ballroom dancing?"

Tohru giggled. "All right."

"And only this time! I'm not ever coming again! Deal?" He pointed his finger at her accusingly. "This is your fault I'm turning so soft."

"You're not turning soft," Tohru said quietly grabbing his finger. "You're turning nice."

Kyo's stunned silence gave Tohru the chance to drag him around the corner, right into the dancing lessons without any more struggles.

"Good day, everyone. I'll be your teacher, Madame Tyaki."

Tohru and Kyo stood in a crowd of around ten other couples of all ages. Earlier on, Tohru had happily pointed out two younger children, a boy and a girl, with their hands clasped nervously together. Kyo had rolled his eyes.

"In this first free class, I will be teaching you the basics of ballroom dancing."

There were shifted movements and some hushed whispers, and then it died down again. The teacher had a strict face and a long, straight braid that made it seem very possible it would lash out and whip you if you did something wrong. She wore a black shirt and a grey skirt, with ankle socks and no shoes. It was a strange combination, but Tohru shrugged it off.

"The first step: the boys must ask the girls to dance. They stick out their arm, like so." Madame bent down and stuck out her arm like a waiter with a cloth. "Then they say something along the lines of, may I have this dance? It's really quite simple. Then the ladies will lay their hand on the man's arm and say yes, you may. And that's the first part."

Tohru turned to face Kyo and noticed his face was a deep red. "Kyo? Are you all right?" Tohru asked nervously. She felt her feet beginning to itch. Was that healthy?

"I'm fine," he told her gruffly. "This is just stupid, that's all." Sighing heavily, he closed his eyes briefly as if in prayer. Tohru could have giggled, except that she was sure her face was just as red as his.

"M…May I…May I have this—this dance?"

It was rough. It was stuttered. And it was cute. Tohru grinned widely and placed her hand politely on his arm.

"Yes you may," she replied, still grinning. Kyo made a sour face back, and Tohru almost burst out laughing. This was a little silly.

"All right, are you done? Good." Madame was back at the front. "Now, the man will place his left hand on her waist, and hold his right had up. The lady will take his right hand, and then stop."

Kyo's eyebrows snapped up. Tohru gulped. "Tohru, I can't…"

"I know," she said quietly. "Let's just…stay apart."

Kyo looked around nervously. "This is a bad idea. Can we just go?"

"Let's just try!" Tohru whispered back hurriedly. "Please?"

Kyo's brow furrowed. With a deep sigh, he took a hesitant step closer. He seemed to be calculating. Tohru shook her head very slightly. "Try to act natural," she muttered. He straightened up at her words and placed one hand on her waist. Tohru noticed how far away he was, and it made her heart sink for some strange reason. Then, he held his hand up for her. She took it, and realized both their hands were clammy with sweat. I guess we're both nervous, she thought unsteadily.

"No! No, no, no, no!" Madame's voice was right beside Tohru's left ear. She snapped her head up.

"What?" she asked, looking right into the face of their teacher. They were only inches apart. Tohru and Kyo's hands were still clasped, and now everyone was slowly turning to look at them.

"That's too far apart!" Madame snapped. "To dance properly, you must be closer." She walked over to shoved Kyo close to Tohru. He stood his ground, fighting against the hands that pushed at his back. His eyes were growing wild, and Tohru clung onto his hand tightly.

"Hey! Hey! Stop it!" Kyo shouted. "Get off me!" He whirled around to face the woman, breathing heavily. Tohru peeked her head above Kyo's shoulder. Now everyone was staring at them.

"Closer! Closer! Are you too afraid to hug your girlfriend?"

One of Kyo's eyes twitched. Tohru rested a hand on his shoulder. "Kyo," she began softly. "Don't get worked up. She doesn't know."

"I don't know what?" Madame snapped. Tohru immediately grew red. Kyo grew pale. "Know what, know what?" She continued to ask. Tohru realized she'd have to try to fix this.

"Um—um—my boyfriend! He has a…a…" The situation was steadily growing hopeless. "A…a…a…"

"A rash!" Kyo blurted out. Tohru nodded emphatically.

"Yes! Exactly! He has a very bad rash, and it's highly contagious. I don't want to catch it, because…well…I don't want a rash!" Tohru laughed nervously, her stomach flopping around inside of her.

Madame took a step back. "Contagious?" she asked nervously, touching her face self-consciously.

"Yes!" Tohru saw the effect it had. Everyone bristled. "Oh, but only if you hug him!"

"Only if you hug him?" Madame Tyaki asked flatly. Kyo nodded along with Tohru this time.

"You can ask my doctor if you want. Hatori Sohma?"

The teacher stiffened.

"So you've heard of him? Good. Now, can we get back to dancing?" Kyo asked. Madame glared at him for two more seconds, and then whirled around and walked back to the front.

"That…was close," Tohru whispered as they took the beginning positions.

"You're telling me," Kyo mumbled. "A rash? How stupid can I get?"

"I was going to say you had an itchy shirt
Ryuuji chapter 12 . 8/8/2011
:D hehehe soo kawaii * drools while daydreaming of Kyo-Kun*
Ryuuji chapter 5 . 8/8/2011
:O
Gingiie666 chapter 12 . 7/4/2011
Wow, this is a really good and really cute story. Good job :)
Ai Usagi chapter 3 . 3/15/2009
You know when you typed the thing about Tohru's mother used to be hte most inportant to her, and now it's Kyo, you were right. How do I know, it says it in the manga. To read the whole manga, I have a link on my profile to a website that allows you to read virtual scans of all 23 Fruits Basket books. So please visit my profile.
Handwritten chapter 12 . 3/15/2009
Wow, that was great! D
Grey's Princess chapter 12 . 1/10/2009
OMG! I absolutely adore this fanfic! It's so perfect I can't stop using exclamation points!
Grey's Princess chapter 3 . 1/10/2009
OMG! A fellow lefty! Yay! I haven't even read this chapter yet, I just saw you said you were left-handed and had to throw a mini "I just found someone else who's left-handed like me!" party in a review! Yay! Okay, I'm done now.
Autreesa chapter 6 . 3/3/2008
CUTE AND FLOOFAY! :3 Since the chapter is called "In The Bedroom" I was thinking of the wrong thing *slaps herself* LMAO. Hahaa
Takagouzawa Hikari-san chapter 12 . 9/11/2007
Kawaii, but I so hated the hesitation with Kyou after telling Kagura. So cute! Hope they have a nice time together, great story! :D
Kaito Kuroba's Mistress chapter 10 . 7/18/2007
aw...Oh man, I hope Kyo won't break up with her...