Reviews for There, By the Grace of God, Go I
GrinningCat chapter 1 . 11/11
Fantastic. And sad ...
ferdoes2as chapter 1 . 10/28
I love your style and quotes in this fic. The theme is rather tragic but their conversation is beautiful!
Dontgotaclue88 chapter 1 . 8/5
Beautiful. Thank you for sharing . :)
jensteed chapter 1 . 10/25/2014
A wonderful story, absolutely fantastic to read :)
GrinningCat chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
It's rare to find such mature voice in fanfic. As much as I like my angst or escapism, this story is very satisfying without it - it just rings true. Well done.
Dena Gray chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
Beautifully done! Wonderfully subtle and well told
Writtenaspr chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
I liked it .
Through shadows into light. Those precise, calm penstrokes, with which you piece them together.
Mary Magdalena is also one of my very favourite idols. Her knowledge, through actions that had to be done.
Now , back to 'Nocturne'.
Please keep writing, there is a mingled richness is your prose that makes me want to read it again.
This gentle, sad, wise story reminds me of
my favourite cookbook ,*Lady Elinor Fettiplace's Reciepts, 1604.* transcribed and published in the 1980's* London. Apart from the delicious recipes, which are the ancestors of the French and English native kitchen, they are also interspersed with witty, erudite prose and this brings the life of women in the Tudor days alive with scents , textures and tastes. Odd thought, one is eating a stew, a posset, or a cake, Sr Walter Raleigh, or William Shakespeare might have tasted.
I tried making the most wonderful potpourri , then used to scent gloves with, now in covered bowls. Her rose-cakes, jams, jellies, stews and delicate vegetable side dishes give a lie to the idea that the English kitchen is graceless.
Your story reminded me of this collection.
CRMediaGal chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
Beautiful. Moving. A very touching read. Thank you.
watin77 chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
oh- this was so well done. i know you posted it years ago, but i just had to tell you that this really moved me.
Desvario chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
all your sev-mione dramas.
I like the same way )
jules3677 chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
An interesting take "on what happens after?" Liked the supposition of these two meeting by chance. A nice read, thankyou.
dorothy chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Lovely. Beautiful atmosphere and characterization. Thank you!

Concerning the topic of veterans I can further recommend the excellent novel "The Road Back" by Erich Maria Remarque (better known for his previous and equally excellent novel "All Quiet on the Western Front").

This sense of being displaced, of having lost your friends and having no home to return to - because of how severely you have been changed by the war: It is beautiful how you manage to catch that - and at the same time don't make it totally void of hope.

On the contrary, the encounter is strangely peaceful; a beginning of healing.

Good choice to place it in an empty church - they tend to have such an atmosphere of calm, don't they?
muesliforbreakfast chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Great, simply great ! The descriptions of the surroundings, the feelings, the emptiness in their lives - wow ! Very well done ! I’m glad I stumble over this story.
ljpjcg chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Sad but beautifully done.
Montara chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
I'm glad they found each other. Now they can heal together. Thanks.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »