Reviews for Alea Iacta Est
Tamolino chapter 6 . 3/18/2015
Woow, what a great, great story. I love your writing, I love how you describe every little detail, even the ones that are not so pleasant. Now I am going to check out what else you wrote! Tnx for sharing this story.
Tamolino chapter 4 . 3/18/2015
Woow
Tamolino chapter 1 . 3/16/2015
OMFG, what a story. And now I have to wait till tomorrow to continue reading :( Have to go to sleep.
fanka77 chapter 6 . 11/28/2014
WOW! That was amazing, full of suffering, sadness but also full of love and hope. Beautiful...
God bless you!
hedwiggins chapter 6 . 8/6/2014
I don't usually read stories like this. But it was recommended on Gateworld as a good story. So I read it. It was very well written. I hated what happened to Sam. But was also grateful that she had so much moral support from her friends and family. My only complaint (if that's the right word) is that Teal'c was nowhere to be found in the story; he should have been. He would have been a wonderful support for her. The other is to wonder how Sam could understand her captors while Daniel couldn't figure out the language.
Lena-F chapter 6 . 3/8/2014
I'm completely amazed by your story !
I can't even find words good enough but THANK YOU for sharing it with us !
samantha-carter-is-my-muse chapter 6 . 1/9/2014
Thank you for this story, so dark, heartbreaking, extraordinary and moving. Will most certainly read again.
mmkbrook chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Very intense. Not an easy read. How can beings be this evil.
LCTC chapter 6 . 8/5/2013
Loved this story! :) I especially loved your insight into each character.

This is not a criticism, just a question I am curious about...why didn't you include Teal'c in the story at all? I loved all of the characters you included...Sam, Jack, Jacob, Daniel and Janet :) Just curious as to why you didn't include Teal'c.

Actually, I was so caught up in the story that I didn't even think about Teal'c until the 3rd or 4th chapter (there was mention of SG-1 somewhere in there and I was like...hmmm, where is Teal'c?) lol ...but it in no way took away from the story. :)
steadfast chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
One of the most amazing stories I have ever read. Beautifully crafted. I come back to it year after year. I wish you were still writing!
Lynx Eyes chapter 6 . 6/13/2009
Wowie, this story is a trip. I first read it several months ago on S&J net, and have read it several times since then. I find it hard to believe that this story has received so few reviews. It's one of my favorites, and I'm an extremely picky reader. The flashbacks are gut-wrenching, meaning only that they're extremely well written. I am sad that Sam couldn't return to SG-1, I'm really depressed that they took that from her, but at least they gave her this chance to be with Jack. Yes, I do let fictional stories effect my emotional well-being. Unfortunately, I can relate personally to this story, in a way (because I often adventure through the galaxy and I, too, enjoy Grapenuts) and I have to say that I'm glad such a harrowing thing is so extremely well-written and represented to the world. I'm sick of all the rape stories in which it's painfully clear that the author hasn't a clue what they're talking about. And I'm very pleased with the lack of sugar. I hate the sugar. The only bit of this story I dislike (and this is a very, very insignificant amount of disliking-ness) is how quickly Sam can have sex again. I know the area was still tender for her, and that it was still difficult for physical expression, but less than two months just seems really quick to me. But that's unimportant; I still have this story on my shortlist of amazing stories. So thanks for such an awesome story. And sorry this review is some damned long.

Lynx Eyes
Nynaeve506 chapter 6 . 5/22/2009
Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I don't usually go for M fics (usually because they tend to be focused on the sex) - but when I saw what the subject matter was and I started reading I was gripped. Very, very powerful.
Zoser chapter 6 . 5/21/2009
This tale is superb but I could only read it in small doses - that's how powerful it is. And this is the second time I have read it, once a few years ago.
sez101 chapter 3 . 4/14/2008
wow, powerfull, gripping and moving all in one fic, great job
Kaelie chapter 6 . 6/15/2007
Wow. This is a work of love and dedication and talent. It is rare that a story reads like a work of art, but yours encapsulates complex emotions and sensitve subject matter with grace and wisdom. It is truly a gift that you have shared and thank you for your genorosity.

Also, amazing writing in general. The characters are perfect and their emotions feel real, really loved Daniel and his role in your story. Even your vocab and the names of your chapters were right on. Awesome job and I hope to read more of your work in the future!