Reviews for Part I: Check
illiterate ghost chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
Hm. I'm not sure you have to work on this more. Maybe a third part with things changing between them, but don't change this. I tried to find holes, but couldn't, this story works as a whole. I liked how you wrote it in tune with HBP and JKR's comments. The style is certainly different from Part 2, but so are Albus and Min. Actually, I thought that the less eloquent part 1 was a nice touch to remind us of Minerva's way of speaking in canon. And you get all the nods for the idea, I really really enjoyed to be able to read something related to HBP, something not so tragic. I absolutely adore how you put Albus' problem to a literary level!
fluffy-89 chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
CUTE
Palanfanaiel chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
WoW! This little piece of wonder has left me completely speechless. It's brilliant! And the best ever Albus/Minerva chess fic... ) I love everything you've done, how you describe it all. Lover-ly...Especially that AD wins everytime, and take the same amount of time to think as Minerva..

Brilliant..

Pal )
Aurinko chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
I like this very much, even if she is a little clueless. It does sort of put them at a stalemate, but it's so very well written and characterized that even I can forego the happy ending (unless you're going to write one...?).
Quill of Minerva chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
Nice to see Albus winning chess for a change usually in most stories icluding my own, he loses :)

A bittersweet chapter really, with so many unanswered questions. I wonder if part two will answer them? Lets go and see
rogueinker chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
Hmm, read the two out of order but no matter. You got the characters right. The different narrative meter is obvious and well done. I don't know if you did that consciously. However, once you got the character it usually shows in the style. Again, superbly done.

I'm wondering if their situation in canon isn't closer to your depiction. Two people with boundaries that they don't dare cross yet so aware of them still, all the time.