Reviews for In the Very Haunts of Men
Wolfyfox chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Wow truly the ultimate tribute to the scarecrow and Jonathan Crane's past. And most definately the best written Fanfiction i have ever read. I really can't find words that would allow me to tell you how good this is. I guess it's one of those "so good, im speechless" kind of things. Anyway i hope you know how much i like it.
FreddyJasonV chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
I think this should have seriously gotten a lot more reviews. I own Scarecrow: Year One, yet haven't really read any other Scarecrow comics, but yet I understand everything he's gone through. Scary enough, I find Jonathan a character a LOT of people can relate to-me included. Well, bully-wise and the like. XD But I loved the fact we got to see deep into Jonathan's past and much more explored than just throughs comics and movies. A long fanfic, but very much worth reading! 3
The Illegible chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
This. Is definitely a favorite story of mine. Wow. You managed to fuse and expand upon everything I love about Scarecrow in comics. For real, I usually analyze like crazy or pick out specifics but this is one of very few fics that leave me speechless. So, so much love. Stylistically magnificent and 100% Jonathan Crane-his characterization was perfect. How on earth did it take me so long to find this? Bravo, PikaCheeka.
BlueRaposa chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
Whaa? PikaCheeks from Naruto Fan forums? You wrote a Cranefic? What a pleasant surprise! I found your story from the professor_crane livejournal community on my fics recommendation post.

Whoa, This is amazing. First, I LOVE your writing style! It's so easy to follow but it has this air of sophistication and professionalism. Next, great characterization of Jonathan and Scarecrow! At first I was a little confused, as you have stated that you do not believe that Jonathan has DID. But then we see him talking to Scarecrow as if he were a separate entity. But then I took it as 'his ration mind(Jonathan) fighting with his more instinctual self(Scarecrow)" in a figurative way as another reviewer had put it.

Anyway, amazing stuff! It's just to bad you didn't do a follow up, but that fine.

~Evolet, from the Naruto Fan Forums
CersiFinallyGotWhatSheDeserved chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
A great story. Very good.
highland girl 1592 chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
When are you going to continue with this story or write more about Jonathan Crane? Like you said you would,hmm? Update soon please,pretty pretty please. Poor Jonathan! :( *runs crying from the room*
E. Harper chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
Oh, good heavens. Have I ever read a Scarecrow fic so wonderful? No. Never. This is on par with canon. To me, at least, it IS canon. I bow down before you. As an amateur connoisseur (mispelled? I hope not) of SC fics. I can say with utmost confidence that there are few -if any- in existence to compare with your own.
Fiona Fargazer chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
I have actually only read one comic that was totally about him and the rest I know about him is from the cartoon because The Long Halloween and Knight Fall don't say much about him.

But anyway the fic was very very good. I felt so sorry for the poor thing. i never actually thought to much about Crane's childhood asside from what he said in Nothing to Fear in BTAS and also from common Batman-fan knowledge that he was a bully victim. I like his love in books, I always liked characters who loved books especially the classics - probably 'cause I do.

I actually started reading it a few days ago at the library but since I couldn't finish it then I came back home from the library still feeling all that darkness of poor Jonathan's life. And that scarecrow he talked to. Is that in the comics? I had no idea there was so much depth to Crane.

*sniff* I still feel really bad for him. This is most tragic history out of any of the other villains.

~Fiona Fargazer~
colddarknight1351 chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
Oh my.

As I read this, I was sucked deeper and deeper into Crane's mind, and was intrigued more and more with every passing second. With your fic, I saw what really made him, well, him. How the Scarecrow effected him as a person, what the Scarecrow was to him.

Your fic was simply amazing. So well written, such a pleasure to read. It even left a wanting inside of me, a craving for another part; another peak inside the doctor's mind- and let me tell you, I don't get that feeling very often.

To tell the truth, as I continued reading, I wanted to cry, as a few times I had to place a hand over my mouth and whisper 'Oh my God,' over and over again. But, then again, I also wanted to run up to Crane and hug him until he turned blue, I feel so bad for the professor!

I can't wait to see another one of your fanfics, as I am so glad you decided to write this one, it's simply superb. Your style of writing is right on, and is refreshing to read. Again, I simply can not wait to read another one of your amazing fanfics. Keep up the awesome work.
Serb chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
Wonderfully dark. It can be clearly seen how Crane had an inner argument within himself: his reason (Jonathan Crane) against his his nature and instincts (Scarecrow). Well, nature wins out in the end.
Solitaire's Mornie chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
Well, it took me about an hour to read, but it was definitely worth it. Compared to my Crane fic, yours is a pillar of greatness, a god even. I envy that, but it also just inspires me to better my writing...
Nightmare1 chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
I have both of the "Batman/Scarecrow: Year One" books, and I love this fanfic. The references were superb. It is most definitely going into my favorites-but I do have a few complaints:

-"James Stanton" should be "Robert Stanton" (Book One)

-Mary Keeny was the great-grandmother. Marion Keeny was his grandmother who later changed her name to Olivia Francesca Dove. (Book Two) (The family history was confusing at times [I had to re-read a few times myself to get it]; this is a very understandable mistake)

-This one might not count; you might have been making up a different memory based on a memory in the comic, but the book Jonathan was reading the day the school bullies burned him with matches was called "Ulysses." (Book One)

-I was rather disappointed with Mary Keeny's death, seeing as in the comic, Jonathan "turned the tables-after intensifying her pavlovian formula with a chemical variation of my own." (Book Two) My guess is her death was altered for purposes for this story (and if so, I respect that), but I preferred the delicious irony of Mary being pecked to death by the very crows she often set on Jonathan.

Other than these, you had the references well-on. A definite re-read for sure. :D

-Nightmare1
Valse De La Luna chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
This is wonderful! You really took what little background history there is about Crane and put a realistic spin on it. I can't wait to see what you'll do with the other two fics you talked about. Keep up the great work!