Reviews for Hiding from Helga
Aisforanonymous chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
I liked that you made Helga Hufflepuff a warrior instead of a of glorified housekeeper type that some stories potray her and different .Makes the founders seem more human.
xt1me chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
This was great! There should be more fics about the founders.
Avealar chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
“soggy little country” Win

xD Very funny story
None chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
‘She told Rowena that she didn’t like her “soggy little country”.

Love that, looks like you've done your research.
duj chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
So how do you pronounce her name? Or spell it? Haggblom, Hakonsdottir, Hasselblad? Hafpora, Hjallfreig, Holmfrior? Or maybe the H is the problem? Alfifa, Eilif, Fjorleif, Frioaelfr, Lofnheior, Oddleif, Ulfrun, Vealfr? (The first three are Scandinavian/Germanic surnames; the rest are Old Norse female names. For more authentic Old Norse names with meanings, try Googling vikinganswerlady.)

Of course, fixed surnames weren't in use in Helga's time, so it would probably have been some form of patronymic, ie male name dottir/dotter. For example Hvelfrsdottir (male name hvelfr whelp) or Hafporirsdottir (male name Hafporir sea a god's name) or some such.

Forgive the digression. The idea did rather take hold of my imagination. BTW, I love your view of Salazar as the one who could mingle freely with Muggles because he wasn't the one kidnapping their kids...
Wild Destiny chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
‘Something the local muggles brew.’

‘You’ve been mixing with them again?’ enquired Godric.

‘If you don’t piss ‘em off and don’t abduct their kids they’re alright.’

(roflmfao) that was just too funny *lol* keep writing

w.d
Silverthreads chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
Hahaha! I enjoyed this!
cecelle chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
Poor Helga! I imagine her actual name was something considerably less cuddly sounding, LOL. This was fantastic - more than one real genuine laugh out loud moment!

"‘She tried to axe me,’ interrupted Godric.

‘Naah,’ said Salazar. ‘You’re taking it too personally. These Northern types can be a bit high strung. Likely she’s pining for the fjords." Good thing I was already done with my coffee!

I also like the non-funny bits you snuck in - about the Founders enhancing each other's abilities, Salazar's actual opinion on Muggle-borns, etc.

I am honored to have spawned this particular blot bunny! ;-)
Zero-A.C chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
That was funny. Godric being afraid of dear Helga *lol*...