Reviews for Burnt Down to the Soul
riverrat chapter 5 . 6/2/2014
Good story line. I like the idea about Severus coming back as a baby out of the ashes together with Fawkes.
Guest chapter 5 . 7/2/2012
Thank you for the parody at the end - this story was an angst fest indeed! Loved it though - you write the best stories. They have happy endings but there's so much depression tied into it they leave you with a profound melancholy about-to-cry feeling when you're done...meh. So I'm glad for the bit of crack at the end.
tigerlily124 chapter 5 . 12/1/2011
Monty Python Fan eh? Good story. Surreal and ultimately enjoyable. Thank you!
Rosa Mundi chapter 5 . 2/23/2011
Another good story, and I quite liked the omake at the end.
DeengoBlue chapter 5 . 2/8/2011
I read this years ago (I think I find it again every couple of years, and just as I go 'hey, wait I HAVE read this', it gets just too good not to read again), but I'm not sure I ever reviewed. So...very good. I thought Snape's disintegrating memories/self was very well written and the plot was not one I'd read before (even if you have).

Well done.
Abraxan chapter 5 . 4/18/2010
I would love to read the Happy Ending that doesn't go bin Laden's way! Did you write it? LOL.

Loved this fic - it was weird and sideways to everything I've ever read and way cool. Hermione allowing herself to be painted as a "scarlet woman" to give Steven a home - interesting thought. I guess with enough incentive she just might do such a thing. Molly would be livid if she ever heard about it, but with any luck, she won't until Hermione and Ron's wedding when the Grangers will be there with baby in tow . . . hmm, the fireworks from that could be interesting if the Grangers don't think fast enough to cover for Hermione and Ron! LOL.

Off to read another of your excellent stories!

Abraxan
Abraxan chapter 3 . 4/17/2010
So a phoenix came to Harry? Will Fawkes be his familiar? Interesting twist to the end of the chapter! And I love that Harry saw a lot of GOOD in Severus as he searched his memories. Excellent chapter!
Abraxan chapter 2 . 4/17/2010
Wow! Intense and scary! And poor Snape, doing the noble thing and yet Harry still can't trust him (which is understandable). Excellent chapter!
Abraxan chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Wow, that's a scary start to the story! And a different Snape/Harry relationship for sure than the one in "The Horse." I love how you get so much information into a compact space, telling us about Harry tucking up his robes to try to keep the hem dry, about the draft going through the rip Nagini put in them, etc. Excellent writing!
yaoi-fied chapter 5 . 5/17/2007
Umm... yea... I wish Harry had been able to keep him, he seemed like he wanted to before they left.
codifiedmadness chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Story is good so far, there isn't much post hbp stuff out there, most people find keeping dumbledore around a lot easier in terms of dealing with plot devices, etc. My one criticism is that the way Harry talks about Hermione, with the shifting of tenses makes it a bit hard to follow. Is Hermione deceased? If so keep it all in the past. If she's alive, be careful with how you word the beginning bit about how Hermione would react to crucio:

"...at least he wouldn’t have to worry about Hermione’s voice high with horror as she said Crucio? You used the cruciatis? I don’t care that it was on Snape, Harry; you used the cruciatis on someone!

No. At least he wouldn’t have to worry about that. Because Hermione would never know."

The way you word things later in the chapter makes it seem like Hermione is alive, however, this passage gives the impression that she's dead...

If he just isn't planning on telling her you might want to consider reworking that...

All of that said, I'm really enjoying this.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
You know, some people might be able to draw a conclusion from the fact they woke up at all after falling unconscious around someone as evil as Snape.

Harry is obvously not one of them.
abraxis chapter 5 . 10/7/2006
Now you made me cry. One can hope that the strength of personality that made Severus capable of the sacrifices he made to atone for his mistakes driven by his cruel environment will survive and Steven will do truly great things for much happier reasons.
atz chapter 5 . 7/13/2006
great fic! thanks :)
Hebi R chapter 5 . 5/6/2006
Can you write a sequel to this at some point? 'cause, that would be cool. Imagine, a little boy growing up with a phoenix familiar, Harry Potter as a godfather, and Narcissia Malfoy as Godmum. Plus, I'd love to know if Peter played LSD rat, what they did with the Peter poppet, what happened with the mass-produced Wolf's Bane, and so on.