Reviews for Harry Potter and the Ferret in Tights
mysuvone chapter 5 . 2/6
Weird but cute
Justanotherfangirl341 chapter 5 . 3/22/2016
I love this fic. Your story inspired me to write another fanfiction about The Mauraders.
Judy Ross chapter 10 . 12/25/2015
I love this fanfic so far and it's hilarious!
nayin17 chapter 17 . 7/24/2015
Funny story especially the last part
diginerd chapter 2 . 10/15/2012
Lol! I don't know if anyone told you, or if you already knew, but the man who played Snape (Alan Rickman) also played the Sheriff of Nottingham in the 1991 film version of Robin Hood that starred Kevin Costner! Though you probably already did know that.
FluffyNargle chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
I loved it! It was funny with just the right amount of fluff, and I love how you wrote Luna!
madpotterfan811 chapter 5 . 5/17/2009
I love the story. Robin Hood Harry Potter my two favorite things!

just btw - Richard was John's brother, not his uncle. maybe i misunderstood but it seemed like that's what you were saying.
firefawn chapter 17 . 9/18/2007
All in all the story was wonderful, and I have to give it a 9.5 out of 10, because nothing is ever perfect. ;) I really loved every chapter, but the last two were my least favorite only because they were not as detailed and glossed over the battle and final details a bit too quickly. However, that is not to say that the last two chapters were not good, becasue they really, really were. I also found the abrupt ending funny, but a bit lacking kind of. Though the visual of Mrs. Weasley yelling while Ron snogged Hermione was great. Excellent work, and thank you for writing such an excellent read. :)
firefawn chapter 16 . 9/18/2007
Wow! I must admit that the battle here was very anti-climatic, and that I would have loved to have seen some more of what happened inside of the castle, but the battle wasn't really the 'point' of the story. The real point regarded what lessons were learned, and you showed how Snape had learned his lesson admmirably. I also really liked how headstrong Ron just charged forward. That was comical, picturing the guards running away b/c they expected a larger attack to be following Ron and Neville. Anyways...this is the first chapter of the story that could use some constructive criticism, which is commendable considering how long the story has been thus far! But basically there are parts during the POV's where you abandon using the third person POV, and delve into the first person POV using the pronouns I, us, we, etc. That is realy confusing since both types of POV's are mixed. The examples that I found are as follows.

In Harry's POV:

Harry secured the next hook and also began his climb, his muscles straining as he made his way to the top. He got there, just as Luna had pulled herself up. “Guard coming,” she whispered and I looked and saw that she was correct. He hadn’t spotted us yet,

but it wouldn’t be long before he was on us.

The rest of Harry's POV wasn't written that way, but it would probably flow better if you replaced things with the third person. I'll recopy that text and replace the pronouns to give an example:

Harry secured the next hook and also began his climb, his muscles straining as he made his way to the top. He got there, just as Luna had pulled herself up. “Guard coming,” she whispered and he looked and saw that she was correct. He hadn’t spotted them yet, but it wouldn’t be long before he was on them.

Anyways, it is nothing that another read through and a quick edit would not fix. I make plenty of crazy errors in the stuff I write too since I don't edit things first usually.

The example I found in Neville's POV was here:

I shake my head, “That was stupid Ron, they could have easily fought back.”

It probably would have worked better as:

He shook his head, “That was stupid Ron, they could have easily fought back.”

Also...

...Neville shouts, trying to sound braver than he felt.

Snape studied us for a few minutes before lowering his sword

That could have been...

Neville shouted, trying to sound braver than he felt.

Snape studied them for a few minutes before lowering his sword

Anyways, I hope this helps a bit, and I can't wait to see what Dumbledore has to say!
firefawn chapter 15 . 9/18/2007
This chapter was wonderfully well written, and I particularly enjoyed Ginny's side-thought of how Ron had at least already broken her in to becoming used to him snogging people by snogging Lavendar. And I loved how blase Hermione was about the whole "I'm going to snog Ron," thing. 10/10
firefawn chapter 14 . 9/18/2007
Woohoo! I was right about the lesson Harry needed to learn about Ginny! However, it seems that I was wrong about Ron needing to learn it as well, because it appears that he already knew it! Ah well, it's after midnight and on very little sleep (about 2 and a half hours from yesterday) those were the best guesses I could come up with. Either way, Ron's dialogue hit the nail on the head! Great work of making sense of the disaster that was the 6th book (in my opinion).
firefawn chapter 7 . 9/18/2007
Okay...that last chapter I read was chapter 12, or really labeled as 13 by fanfiction dot net, but your version of chapter 12, and I have another theory that I forgot to add to it, and I am guessing that Ginny and Harry's marriage as Maid Marian and Robin Hood will indeed be real, not just imaginary, but I only guess this b/c you are very, very tricky like that. If not, then they will most likely wind up deciding to get married. Great work!
firefawn chapter 13 . 9/18/2007
I am honestly shaking my head right now. Only Ginny would be able to stop a crowd with her loud shouting like that. Well...her and Mrs. Weasley. That whole 'morphing into her mother' line was great. Though I did find the whole 'Harry running up into the stands to ensure her safety' rather funny considering that he would be more likely to bring trouble to her by doing that, considering that the stands were probably the safest place at the moment.

And on that note...

GO NEVILLE!
firefawn chapter 12 . 9/18/2007
*claps delightedly* This chapter was amazing as well, and the line that Ginny said about Malfoy was positively brilliant!

- “And I don’t want him breathing too loudly. I hate to be reminded that he's still alive." That was quite amusing. :) As for Snape's amusement, I really enjoyed that too!

Ah...and I see the lessons only continue! Malfoy has now learned that everything will NOT come easy to him just because of his status, since he does so poorly in the archery contest and winds up embarassed. One must love humility lessons!

Oh and by the way, that last chapter surprised me greatly! I did not see the lesson between Ron and Hermione coming, regarding that they both need to appreciate what they have with one another more, at all! Great work on getting those two to start admitting their feelings.

Also, the whole ambiguity thing with Harry and Ginny's night together was clever, though frustrating for the reader. You hinted at things but did not tell us what exactly transpired, leaving us to guess and read between the lines. That being said, keep up the good work!

I also hope that you are quite proud of yourself, because I am STILL cracking up at the description of the archery contest. Just imagining Luna handing a string of flowers to a suddenly dumbfounded man before casually taking aim and getting a bullseye is great. Also, Harry's wink towards Ginny was great, as was Malfoy's twitchiness, as well as Ginny's concern for how her brother was fairing. Great work!
firefawn chapter 11 . 9/18/2007
HAHAHAHA! Oh my goodness! What a wonderful closing line for this chapter!

Ron - "All right then, we’ll talk to her. But I am not going to attempt to reason with my sister if she’s still got that sword!”

Thank you for that laugh! I am in the midst of midterms week and sorely needed it!