Reviews for Ready to Roll
shana78 chapter 2 . 8/21/2005
can pizzazz kick, Eric in the balls?

ps. please!
B.B chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Loved the story.

I'm really glad that you wrote an adaption of The Stingers Hit Town. Since Rhino discontinued the Jem DVDs, I haven't had a chance to see the episodes that happen later in the third season (mainly Britrock, Stingers Hit Town, Out of the Past, and the finale). Aside from some reviews and brief summaries, I don't know much about what happens in these episodes.

I've seen two Stingers episodes (Midsummer Nights Madness and Day the Music Died) only because I stumbled on a bootleg tape at a convention.

Unfortunately, downloading episodes isn't an option for me (crappy computer). But reading this fic made me feel a little better about it. At least I'll understand your fan fics a little more now that I have the proper background information.

In short, thanks a lot. I don't know if it was your intention to help out those who haven't had the chance to see the episode, but you did. Now, I wonder if you'll do an adaptation of Britrock next *HINT HINT HINT!* ;-)
Kanna-Ophelia chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
acting all dolally - hee!

Gorgeous Misfits dynamics yet again... Oh, Pizzazz's not-quite-wholehearted bravado was perfect. A manageable problem, I like that. And I love the way Stormer is so strong, in her gentle way, in this story, and Jetta and Roxy finding some kind of understanding. You've done a marvellous job of taking the emotions gestured to in the episode and weaving something complex and real out of them.
shana78 chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
it's Good.
NepenthesMiranda chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
What an odd coincidence that I happened to watch "The Stingers Hit Town" again last night-so reading this new post this morning, I'm still rather consumed by the atmosphere of the 'official' story. In my mind, this series of vignettes punctuating the original plot is very true-to-character for The Misfits: loyal sisters, sometimes enemies, hesitant and insecure friends, yet a tour de force nonetheless. Your Stormer is so sweet; when I write her, I find I bring out more of the Stormer in Mary, but you brought out the Mary in Stormer for this fan-fic, and wrote her so well. Roxy and Jetta, too, were strong in their characterization. Pizzazz was-Pizzazz, although I have to say I was a bit shocked by that one scene's inference with Riot (had to re-read the line a couple of times to really pick out what was going on). Such is certainly plausible within the 'real-life' music industry, but a bit more overtly 'adult' than what I was expecting in Jem's universe so early in the morning. But, finally, I'm glad you put an A/N at the end: I always thought the line was "ready to load", but considering your ending to your story, The Misfits *are* "ready to roll": they're on the move again, for better or worse where Riot is concerned, but together again at last.
foxwings007 chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
Wow this is great, I love the way you write from Roxy's point of veiw, and also how you used the beach, I think they're very cold and rocky here in England too!
Chibi Horsewoman chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
We're either the same age or close to it because I loved Jem and the Holograms growing up. I even had a lunch box with them in 1st grade.

Keep up teh good work
Sarah8 chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
Although you and I don't agree on how Pizzazz can be or should be portrayed I do like how you write Roxy, Stormer, and Jetta. Stingers hit town shows alot of strength in the misfts between those three alone. In addition this is one time you actually see Pizazz show some sensitivity.

good job!