Reviews for Sea'scape
hajimebassaidai chapter 13 . 4/9/2010
A great adventure and a great roller coaster ride of a story. Really enjoyed it, including that there was time for emotional development and that included those left behind in Atlantis. Great story!
Jinxauthor Mel chapter 13 . 4/23/2008
It confused me a little when the sub 'busted' when they were still sinking (and without striking anything), and again that they would expect another Gate, but I found myself pleasantly surprised by both explanations (or suspicions, as the case might be).

Also, I couldn't quite understand why Sheppard would want Ford and Teyla, of all people, at the sub's helm. Could they have operated that without the ATA gene? And even if so, what did he expect them to do anyway seeing as how nothing responded to even *him*? It was somehow better written and more clearly explained for the rescue sub. But since you described that one as being different, I'm still not sure whether that includes gene activation or not.

And you never quite explained why 'Dot' kept hiding from Sheppard and thus just complicating/prolonging what she was attempting to get done quickly by McKay. I found that a little unreasonable, but then maybe you'll explain that in Part Two?

All in all, I enjoyed reading this story and am looking forward to the sequel.
Sepik chapter 13 . 9/9/2006
ZOMGGASPETHWHEE

That was one of the best SGA stories I've read... I can't believe it has so few reviews. :(

Just... everything about it. It was freakin' awesome! I can't even think of everything that I want to say... just... just... WOW. I mean it. Every aspect in the story was perfect or near-perfect... dialouge, plot, writing style... EVERYTHING.
Dr. Dredd chapter 2 . 8/11/2005
"Either of two things will happen. Either we sink like a brick, or we float like one." Hah! Some choice...

Scary description of almost drowning. Very vivid. This is a great story so far!
Geoarchaeologist chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
Nice piece of work, from dialogue to description.

Going to read on. Got my attention.
Dr. Dredd chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
Thanks for breaking this up into chapters. Now I don't feel so guilty about reading it when I'm supposed to be working - I can just read one chapter!

Poor Rodney, barfing up a lung. Good for him that Liz is so understanding, even if he almost threw up on her. Nice attempted save by John on the dog/cat thing.
PurpleYin chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
I enjoyed this, it was creepy and disturbing. The underwater city reminded me of the game Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis - where things were oh so evolved but it had gone so very wrong too. Only thing that was bad was this is so long and it'd been nice to have it cut up into small segements, as separate chapters.
jennamajig chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
Wow, I just finished reading this and exactly what I need to say: Wow. I love your idea and am so glad you ran with it. So creepy, yet so compelling at the same time. Wonderful scenes with John and Rodney, but what I think I enjoyed reading most of all, was your take on Elizabeth. I know some people may feel differently, but I just loved seeing her break down a bit. The burden of leadership is immense and after the events of "Before I Sleep" she has to be feeling something that I don't think the show will explore. The scenes between her and Carson, gah. If she were to open up to anyone, I feel Carson would be it. He seems the logical choice: he can keep a secret since he already knows more personal information about every person on Atlantis than anyone else on Atlantis does, including Elizabeth herself, I would think. And well,I think he'd be a great listener. He's seen death many times, and been able to move on; giving Elizabeth a sense of understanding.

*Loved* this:

Just beautiful. The only critque I have for this story is that the ending is left so open and I feel Elizabeth still needs to deal with her feelings. But I'm sure that's what part two is for :).

I'm so happy you finally got the thing posted emailing you back and forth! I await the sequel.
drufan chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
That was excellent! Liked your evil Ancients. The characterizations were great. The delving into Carson and Weir especially. Well done.
NenyaVilyaNenya chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
So this really deserves a review, but there's so many things I liked ! too many to really say, so I'll just say a couple

sea-sickness, never thought about it... makes sense I mean they are floating on an ocean.

-The console exploded- I pretty much yelled -oh sh*t!- well there were a few moments i did that

the fight, well done

the seperation, kept me guessing

Atlantis scenes, very good

Fleischman, i bet some people would act like that, seriously look where you are, wouldnt you be awed?

okay before i rewrite the story for you, Im stopping. Just wanted to say it was worth the time to read :)
highonscifi chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
Good story! Well thought out and well written. Your descriptions were so vivid that I could easily see everything in my mind. Wonderful! And I especially loved the serious discussion between Sheppard and McKay. Well done!
Greywolf Lupous chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
Hot damn Kam! You sure know how to take us for a ride. Just spent a good part of my day reading this, and it's all time well spent. Everything was spot on, characters, dialogue, and Datan...Dot, was creepy, especially in her true form. Glad to hear a sequel is in the works, because even if the writers attempt something similar, it's definitely not like this. Can't wait to see what you've got cooking up next!
angw chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
Wow what en epic. Really good story with great snark from Rodney and great interplay between him and Sheppard. Hope you are going to do a sequel...if there is one evil ancient there has to be more somewhere else and if Datanunana could contact Rodney still in his sleep maybe it is still out there. It did get sliced in half as they were beamed out and Rodney heard it's final thoughts.
cybersyd42 chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
Wow. Amazing plot, both creepy and yet, hideously believable. Fascinating twist on the concept of Ascension.

“See, that’s the funny thing.” Sheppard turned, resting his elbow comfortably on the rail. “In the air, I’m in my element.”

“You’re in an element.”

Hee! I loved the snark. It was a good balance to all the tension.
Madj chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
Wow, what a creepy fic. Very exciting, and you've got the Sheppard-McKay dynamic perfectly down. I also liked the Weir-Beckett conversations, too. The stress of both of their jobs must be overwhelming sometimes. I enjoyed this very much. Thanks for writing.