Reviews for The First Stone
Ems4179 chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Sad but wonderful all at once.
Nightmare Senshi chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
oh...man...

this is so...good...so sad...so very very good.

it shows a lot...including perhaps a bit of what could have been, especially at the end. I love it.
cerozell chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Just popped in to say that I made the mistake of reading this fic before I went to bed and cried myself to sleep last night. This really fucking got to me; and I love you for that. Thank you for this, really. I felt so much reading it that I don't think I'll ever be able to coherently express how much I enjoyed it, but I just wanted to let you know that Seifer's last words will haunt me forever (in as good a was as it gets).
VikingKatze chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
This was so sad... I really felt like I was going to cry, I started reading at work and had to put it away and finished it when I got home. The turmoil, the hidden feelings the darkness...

Your writing is awesome! I love it...

Thank you for this story.

D-Hime
Velkyn Karma chapter 1 . 12/12/2007
Very intriguing, and deliciously angsty-but not too much so.

Loved this. Just a short piece, but interesting all the same. Your characterization was beautiful-not out of place, and the characters seemed just like the way they really acted in canon. Which is a plus, because I'm damned sick of whiny OOC Zells.

Very unusual idea, too. Stoning seems oddly outdated for Esthar as a means of capital punishment, but at the same time it was rather interesting. And I love the fact that while Zell and Seifer haven't really liked each other ever, it's Zell who's providing the mercy-killing to make sure Seifer isn't ripped apart by a crowd. And he doesn't want to kill him at all! It's ironic, but strangely fitting.

The fact that you know how to use the English Language is very nice, too. Too many good ideas have been brutally slaughered by a lack of good writing ability.

I loved the way this ended. You never even see Zell move, you just know it's over, and it leaves the mind up to its own interpretation. Very open, very nice.

Enjoyed it a lot. Nice job!

~Velkyn Karma
irishais chapter 1 . 4/14/2007
That was amazing. Intense, beautiful, heart-wrenching, and one of the few fics that actually portrays Seifer post-war as a real, feeling young person who knows what he did, who knows what has to happen, and who doesn't want it to anyway, because he's human.

Fantastic work.
sivasixthreeoh chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
Another excellently written piece. It made me really feel sorry for Seifer (even moreso than the other eighty billion "pity Seifer" fics :p). It just made me sad seeing the way he let his facade fall in his final moments, and the way he acted with Edea.

Oh well, I suppose he *did* order the invasion of a country, thus causing the deaths of many more people. What goes around comes around, and all that jazz.

Loved it. ;)
Delathen chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
Wow...

That... was very good. I'm impressed. Throughout the entire story, if felt truly as though I were in Seifer's mind (something not many can accomplish).

Very good. No real suggestions for betterment.
Delta Immortal chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
It was good. Sad, but good. I don't suppose you're up to making a sequal... where Seifer didn't die. *sighs* Oh, well.
Zachere chapter 1 . 8/22/2005
I like this, but I think it could be shorter. You pretty much could have stopped right after Zell reveals why he was chosen. That was the climax for me, except maybe for the very last line.

I like slash, don't get me wrong, but I think this fic would be better without the innuendo. It's such a serious, interesting fic, you've got Seifer down really well until he starts thinking strange thoughts about Zell. When I was reading that I was just like, "What the hell?" And then I realized. Slash.

I tend to read the warnings and notes after the story, if you're wondering why I didn't know before. Fic should stand on its own and not rely on the reader to accept ideas before he or she even starts reading, that's my opinion.

Long story short: what I'm saying is that this is a good fic that would be even better if it were gen.
SimpleDarkness chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
Wow... I think I'm going to go cry now. Seriously. That was just so heart-wrenching T_T;; Extreme kudos to you for such a wonderful story!

XOXO