Reviews for Because Gentleness Admits to Love
saltygoods chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Amazing how you are able to describe Buffy and Spike's realtionship in such a short way.
Zen chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
Deliciously dark. I've always loved the tangible, dirty need in Buffy and Spike's relationship, and you captured it perfectly. You didn't make your work shine like a diamond; if you did, I wouldn't be writing this review. Some things are left better raw.
The Phantom chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
I've never read something that captures the season six Buffy/Spike coupling so well as "Kissing the Blue-Eyed Serpent" and now this. Devastating. It captures Buffy's self-destructive nature, but also her simply destructive nature. She just destroys Spike in that season, tears him apart brick by brick until there's nothing left but a shell. And we even get a glimpse of Spike's heart-rending desperation, just in that one line: "He obliges." Absolutely fantastic.

~ Phantom
CriesofCapricorn chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
That's so amazing. I agree with your previous reviewer. You depicted Buffy and Spike perfectly - Buffy, as a woman who cannot accept her partner's feelings so finds a way to lie to herself. And Spike, as someone who is so desperate he would succumb to whatever Buffy asks - even if he knows she will never "trust her." Wonderful, again!
ozma914 chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
It's remarkable how you captured the way this relationship made Buffy so much less of a hero, and Spike someone to be pitied. He'd hate that realization, of course.