Reviews for The Animorph Chronicles: 1 The Invasion
TJ MARC 19 chapter 2 . 1/10/2013
This is great I love it already and I can't wait to read more of it
neighborsfirst chapter 3 . 1/4/2007
Criticism first.

Taxxons are NOT evil, as Elfangor is well aware. They're barely sentient, for God's sake! They are consumed by a never-ending hunger that drives them near to insanity, and are to be pitied perhaps even more than the Hork-Bajir.

Also, I don't know about feelings and images being conveyed through thought-speak. Personally, I like the idea, but, seeing as I've never read all the Animorphs books, it might not be canon.

Now, praise...not much of it. Sorry, but this story seems depressingly generic to me. Not to say that it's BAD, or I wouldn't have read past the first chapter, and so far it's fairly interesting...but there's nothing new here. Perhaps I'm being too judgemental. I mean, I've barely gotten in far enough to see any signs of a plot. But still...spice it up a bit!

All right, that wasn't a lot of praise. Bu, to be fair, there are no major spelling or grammatical errors, it is, as I said, somewhat interesting, and Derek doesn't seem to be a Gary Stu...or if he is, he's a good one (rare).

Personally, I think that the Yeerks should have their asses kicked by the Gouald (or however you spell that damn word) at some point. It would be good for them. A learning experience ;)

Reading on to see what actually happens...

And that's all!

(P.S. Don't mean to offend, I'm just writing what I think...thoroughly.)
omegadramon chapter 1 . 9/3/2005
Question Derak last name wouldn't happen to O'neil or Hamond.
aizxana chapter 11 . 9/2/2005
Loved it! You certainly have a flair for writing! I'm on to your second one, now!
aizxana chapter 5 . 9/2/2005
I really like the way you described Derek's first morph. Even based on the book, it was still really well written. Can't wait to read what happens when you go along you're own track! (Choosing and describing morphs was always my fave part of my fanfic!)
aizxana chapter 3 . 9/2/2005
very well written, it's really interesting to read the original story from another POV.
aizxana chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Oh, I love the idea of an Alternamorphs stories written as a real fanfic. This is really well done, I'm loving it. I can't wait to read the rest.

PS, thanks very much for your lovely comment about my fanfic! Much apprieciated! :)
John chapter 11 . 9/1/2005
This should be good. I'll be reading the next one to.
John chapter 10 . 9/1/2005
Ahh, Yes. The death threats... Wouldn't be an major boss without them.
omegadramon chapter 10 . 8/31/2005
sense I can't type a review in same chapter twic I'm typing here instead, Reading these stories has gotten me to reread all my Animorph books (Have the hole series including all the chronicles and Megamorph books) any way I just started reading book 16# and an my last review I metion somting about derak geting a rhino morph cause I didn't think any of animorph had that morph so its rather embersing to forget somthing like that, but I'm sure on this one I don't belive none them have morph a hippopotimis (sorry if I spelled it wrong) before. also I don't belive the animorphs ever morphed a vulture eiter not that I'm suggesting that that be Deraks bird Morph not that wouldn't work out it just that its not type of bird for long distant traval plus it a scavanger not a predator even though from what I've seen it is a big bird. Anyway Just making a few friendly suggestion for your story.
omegadramon chapter 11 . 8/31/2005
So are you going to follow the Altermorphs series excactly or are you going to include the stories like rescuseing Ax, I Aprishate a response so I don't has to keep asking the same question over, although the title of next story is the same as the second book so that probly anwsers my question. if you are going to keep telling the other animorph stories in order heres few suggestion, why not have Derak morph a crocidile and I don't mean for him take Rachal's place in book 12 I mean for him to keep it for good, also a Rhino would'nt be to bad eiter, also I don't belive any of animorphs ever morphed a scorpion that would be a anoter intesting morph, Finaly you need to give derak a Bird morph although all the other good birds have been taken but I'm sure you've already got something planed.
Quillian chapter 11 . 8/30/2005
Wow, finished already? Man, you work fast! Excellent story! :D
Quillian chapter 10 . 8/30/2005
A hyena as a battle morph? Hm, I never would have considered that one before... Anyway, excellent work! :)
Seeker of the Soul chapter 11 . 8/30/2005
I'm figuring that the next one will include more of your original stuff, possibly introducing the connection to SG-1 in it.

Also, what's up with War of the Gods? You just taking a vacation from it, or is it troubling you?
John chapter 9 . 8/25/2005
Yes, the fear of dying in a hellish-like place or being infested by a yeerk... Only a madman/woman wouldn't be afraid. I have to reread the animorphs.