Reviews for Dumbledore's Man
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
Very well written.
riverrat chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Another well written oneshot. I think Severus helped healing Ron for Hermione. He saw that she had genuine compassion for him and tried to help him. Which was something nobody ever did for him before.
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it could have been that Severus didn't want any help because he was afraid that he would end up in another unrequited love. That Hermione is running off with Ron and he would end up lonely, just like it was with Lily running off with James.
Anyway, those were just my two Knuts. I love your writing and I think I'm going to raid the stories on your profile now...;-)
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Interesting.
crazfool chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
That is so sad! Great work though! I loved the quotes from "To his coy mistress". That is one of my favorite poems ever!
That-Fresh-Rain-Smell chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Funny, I just PM'd you about a review you left for Dark Vorona. I *almost* suggested you read something called 'dumbledores men', but I didnt *snigger*. I went to your profile cause I was curious of what else you thought about HP. I find I agreed with you on a lot of it-I'm currently writing a story that re-tells the books, expanding the characters potential and altogether kind of saying fuck you, jk. I wonder if you wrote dumbledores men when you still believed in dumbledore? when you still liked him? What made you change your mind? if it was deathly hollows, DH should have a disclaimer that says 'disregard that I suck cock.' but anyway. I loved this little story, I have it printed out somewhere, which is rather high praise :)

Cozy
YuriyTalaIvanov chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
omg i loved your A/N lol...

"As the story ends, Hermione is devastated, Harry reflective and Ron bewildered. As he has, through absence and incapacity, missed both the dramatic action and its import, he is still stuck in the mindset of "Snape is evil." He doesn't know what to say (and has effectively been forbidden to say the only things he knows how to say) about Snape's death, and his near-death experience has left him weak and light-headed. He therefore chooses the practical, sensible option of making lunch, thus solving both problems simultaneously."

wow...what a hilarious way to end a very sad fic! lovely fic btw! _
trekker2002 chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
So sad, but so typically Snape. JKR should have given him a better end but end it would have been. He would not have wanted to live beyond the victory, but at least you have allowed him to know it was a victory. Lovely characterisation. Thank you.
Besarien chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
This was hard to read, because I like Snape so. I'm glad I did read it since it was well thought out and gorgeously written. You've given him a much fitter end than in canon too, in my humble opinion.
myoldman chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
I somehow missed this story until now, and I'm regretting that I read this. It suddenly ranked among your best stories with the trademark poignancy and beautiful prose, but it's so ominous- too ominous. I fear that you might have predicted two years ago what will happen in the last book.

But of course it's flawlessly written (which is the problem in this case), and how you've captured Harry is superb. Harry, confusion and rage flaring in his heart, holding his wand over unswervingly seering and cold Snape... oh wow, you just nailed it.
cckeimig chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
Very impacting scene.
angelcarver chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
"We've never worked well together."

Hm. I wonder whose fault THAT was?
madamsnape78 chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Of course I had to go read this after your response. Now it all makes sense and I can see where its all headed.

This was very good- sad, but good and poor Snape behaved in a way I find very believable.

I actually enjoyed Ron in this, strange as that may be- it's just like him to miss the fact that Snape died and stick his foot in his mouth over it. The poor guy always seems to be a step or two behind.
GrEeN-eYeS119 chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
dude what? That was so horribly abrupt! He just died? You really suprised me, I thought he would live and he and Harry would get to have a nice heartfelt talk. But it was very well done and I love the Snape Hermione bits!
HeraBates chapter 1 . 11/24/2006
“Not mine,” he whispered. “Never mine. Go marry your Weasley and be happy.”

That line was heartbreaking.

Your characterizations were wonderful, and I liked the way that you ended the one-shot.
Telemachos chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Hm. Weird.

I had a different take on why Snape killed Dumbledore - kind of interesting. What if Snape was ORDERED to kill Dumbledore as a decoy, you know, to get him firmly into Voldemort's trust and save Malfoy from committing murder? That would explain Dumbledore's begging (never once did you see him beg before, unless it was for the greater good) and why Snape wouldn't let anyone kill Harry. And it leaves the perfect opening for Malfoy to switch sides.

I also don't think the potion killed Dumbledore... remember that one line? "Voldemort wouldn't want the person that got to the center to die immidiately." I don't think that's the exact wording, but it goes something like that. I think the potion was meant to only make the drinker weak, and the fact that there was a Death Eater attack that night was mere coincidence.