Reviews for With Malice Aforethought
InnerDream chapter 1 . 9/1
I read this story a few years ago and it was everything that I was looking for and more. I couldn't find it again for years. Desperately searching every forum and community with the hopes of finding this amazing story again.

It was all worth it, This is the absolute best fanfiction I've ever read. The characterization alone would be worth it. And the story just delivers on every front. 10/10 will be reading again in the future.
battybiologist chapter 19 . 6/15
What a wonderfully original story. The sheer amount of heart and character nearly all of the actors have made me smile, laugh, tear up, and so on. And it's really refreshing reading a trio who, despite being a bit smarter than in HBP, act their age and experience (indeed, prematurely mature as they should be). Particular praise I think is due for your sensitive handling of Ron, who really gets short shrift in a lot of fics as his version of immaturity is less romantic than Harry's and Hermione's. Thank you for sharing this.
Gabilian chapter 19 . 12/3/2019
Here is review 100. All in all, a good story. I think it lost a little of its mojo over the last three chapters, but the first two thirds was quite enjoyable. Well written, enough humor without going overboard, and a well thought-out plot. I liked that you planned good use of Harry's unusual choice in classes, and the addition of the social worker was an original idea and added some nice levity to the story.

I think Harry's relationship with Ginny bogged down a bit, and Harry seemed overly inept. Funny at first, but it lost its charm pretty soon. But Luna was a great character, and I enjoyed how she manipulated her way into Ron's heart.

Unfortunately, it appears that you have abandoned the seventh year story that was meant to follow this one. That is very disappointing, and if you are not going to finish it, then take it down. There is little that bothers me more than abandoned stories, so that is a black mark.

Still, thanks for the effort that you put into this story. It was well worth the read. G.
Gabilian chapter 18 . 12/3/2019
This has been a very nice story, and since you currently have 98 reviews, I figure I will write two reviews to get you to the 100 mark. I have been a little surprised that your story is somewhat similar to my story, A Serpent's Sacrifice, that I wrote a couple of years after yours. Not similar in terms of plot but more in terms of "attitude," if that makes any sense. Mine was a 7th year story, not a 6th, and my Harry is perhaps a little less wimpy than yours, but they are pretty similar nonetheless. Of course, I was dealing with horcruxes, which you knew nothing about at the time you wrote this.

Actually this chapter is probably one of the least enjoyable. From many years of reading fanfics, I can attest that writing complicated fighting scenes such as this one is very difficult, almost always confusing, and hard to follow. I have read very few such scenes that I could truly say are good. And that goes for myself as well, and I tried to keep such scenes to a minimum in my stories.

Anyway, I am glad that I stumbled upon this story, and I will read the last chapter later today and then leave you review number 100. G.
Guest chapter 8 . 9/20/2019
Vomit. Don't tell me this is a harry/ginny story! i'd never have started it if i'd realised.
Svenion chapter 8 . 10/17/2017
The writing is good, scenes flow well, but we're almost half way in, and I can't tell what this story is actually about
Guest chapter 10 . 6/18/2017
Why is this story claiming to be Harry and Hermione pairing? 10 chapters in and not a single drip of h/hr
Alex chapter 19 . 1/21/2017
Damn. What a great story. This was one of the most realistic depictions of how I would think everyone would be like (save for a few situations but I'm not complaining). This story is seriously one of my favorites now. I'm serious. Like if this was an actual book, I would have bought it. Great stuff! Good luck in your future stories!
Guest chapter 15 . 12/7/2016
ugh I hate Ginny , I still hope this is a Harry/Hermione story :p
Guest chapter 14 . 12/7/2016
every single character you've portrayed is so awesome and interesting, I can't believe how good this is! Crabbe and Goyle XD and I hoipe Crabbe was talking about how someone fancys someone instead
Guest chapter 13 . 12/7/2016
haha I love your snape! you are such a briliant and talented writer! I hope you're doing well and still writing, the dialogue is just idk so on point, wow, in some ways its even better than JKR, amazing!
Guest chapter 12 . 12/7/2016
oh my god

I love your Hermione and Harry
Guest chapter 6 . 12/7/2016
I love this story so much lol
Guest chapter 2 . 12/7/2016
This is incredible story, bravo, feels like I've found treasure amongst all the trash.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/7/2016
It feels like I've read this story before but I don't remember it ever being so brilliant, I am reading this in amazement of how incredible your writing is, wow!