Reviews for Nothing Important Happened Today
the-annoying-bookworm chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
hi, i loved your one-shot, just wanted to make a little note about that quote from king george's diary. His ignorance wasn't his fault, in fact, the news probably wouldn't reach England for a few more weeks. Some people become outraged out his comment, I'm not saying you are, but from King George's knowledge,nothing of importance seemed to have happened on July 4th, 1776.

Sorry, I was ranting a bit. Just wanted to put that out there1
airuhkuh chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
This has the feeling of a dramatic monologue, which, as a writing form, seems to fit Draco's personality wonderfully. Although nothing much happens, it seems to be more of an exercise in writing for you and as a reader, I know it let my imagination run away with me a bit, just seeing flashes of made-up scenes in my head as I read. Beautiful writing. Good read.
SilverStrand chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
Short and sweet. The story's worth exploring...
y-ma-luu-ser chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
very interesting...

seriously very profound thought and i always thought draco was profound :)

keep writing
d chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
guess what... loved this one too! Get BACK to writing girl! I know it's terrifying and draining- but I can't believe you don't feel liberated and jubiliant after writing like THIS.
Gwinna chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Very interesting about George I's diary entry - I didn't know that, but it's terribly ironic. The parallel fits the story very well too. Anyway, I love the story. I really like the idea of it's just being something so simple and trivial as knocking into Hermione and helping her pick up her books that changed the course of his life. It seems like something that really could have happened - life is funny like that. And as a philosophy major, I appreciate the philosophical nature of the story, with Draco looking back on his past and contemplating fate and all. :)

Your writing is beautiful, it flows perfectly, and you have a very striking and apt way of describing things. A few of my favorite quotes:

"My father‘s twisted beliefs were still my own, for she had not yet had a chance to love them into dust."

"his plans for me were like towering iron fences lining the path of my future."

Furthermore, the DHr relationship is incredibly beautiful and touching. Oh, and your characterization was great - it would be just like Draco to go about feeling sorry for himself that he has to be a Death Eater but not do anything about it, and Hermione, in the few places she appeared, sounded exactly like Hermione. Really, I think this story is just perfect in every way. Thank you for writing!
Demented Insomniac chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
Oh, err... (clears throat) That was a truly catchy last sentence and definitely a worthwhile story to read. And I love how you have something so simple and ordinary-looking be the reason for Hermione to find that he isn't all bad and want to see how much more there is to him.

And while I believe there could have been more spiteful narrative on Draco's part, it was quite nice to read, actually refreshing. _ Good job!
jeano chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
Wow, another lovely piece of writing from you! It's very real and is very convincing as Draco's inner voice. I love your writing style. Great work, and do keep writing!
brick-red-wall chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
I decided around the third paragraph that this story was going on my favorites list. I really did like it. The POV is quite nice; I love the way you wrote it. Great, great story! ]
Dana Daidouji chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
This is lovely! Oh, and I'm also an X-Files fan (see the penname?) ;)
Pinkyyy chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
I think this one shot is extremely well written out. It's amazing how one event, as well as an important decision, can possible change a person's entire time. Well, it's 10:30 in the morning and I'm still sleepy. But that story would stick in my mind for probably the rest of the day and I would come back to it some time later.

Though, I think this has the potential to become a chapter story. That would be wonderful. This is short but sweet, but I would want to know more details about it.

And I really like how you brought up the quote "nothing important happened today." It was an important event to so many people in America, the freedom they've been fighting for from the British, and all King George I could do was be ignorant about it because the independence of Americans had little to do with him. Typical self-centered royalty.

I have no criticism for this, only that I wish it could've been longer. Still, I think this was an awesome...was it fifteen minute? read. Great job!
Lyr942 chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
Like Linked this story is incredibly well written. It is also ones of the most beautiful things I have ever read. It was perfect and one of your other reviewers used the word 'exquisite' which i think describes it perfectly
eilonwy3 chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
Wow, this is exquisite! Lyrical, balanced, and it feels just right.
Words-Never-Heard chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
Aw, it's a great story! I, too, like the title/quote. I find it very ironic. I love ironic things!
Haley.Yelah chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Aww... that's SUPER sweet. Very nice and quite deep. I love it.
81 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »