Reviews for Nothing Important Happened Today
Tsukari0504 chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
oh my goodness...this was REALLY good, i liked it a lot. it was awesome...and i loved the title. u rock, keep up the great writing!

luv allwayz

tsu~
nanachama chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
aww this is such a cute story. ] and i liked your whole attention grabber thingy.. the "nothing important happened today" thing. it happened to me, too. something happened in my life, and i didnt even care to realize its importance until someone reminded me about it. but since thats in the past, ive forgotten all bout it now xDD but nice that malfoy was a gentleman about it ] helping dear hermionie pick up her things. bwaahahha keep it up
vyrastra chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
You are an absolutely -astounding- writer. There's so many lines in this (amazingly short and concise!) piece that just made me want stop, blink, and copy it down for future reference or something... Like "the tense, calculating silence of the Slytherin common room," or "the wise, benevolent silence of the Hogwarts library..." If most people tried to write things like that, they'd just end up with a lot of badly done personification, with a few shoddy metaphors thrown in the mix. Somehow, though, -you- manage to pull it off with an incredible, smooth kind of brilliance... My congratulations; your writing style is natural, flowing, and a decided joy to read. .~

My one quibble: the Draco who is speaking seems a little, well... a little -too- redeemed, if you know what I mean. I suppose that one -could- make a case saying that he's adamant in condemning his previous actions/persona because he's being brutally honest to himself, but the way this piece is written makes me think that Draco is actually speaking to some kind of audience - though a small one, I'm sure. And somehow, my vision of Draco is a little too snarky, a little too closed-up, a little too -proud- to admit these sorts of things to anybody else. Your "Linked" Draco seems much more believable to me, or at least at the present moment... It feels a tad bit like you crossed Draco with Harry and came out with a repentant, loving, brave/devoted Neo-Harry. Of course, I'm exaggerating -massively-; take what I said, and water it down a million parts to one, please. . I hope you understand what I mean and are not offended - I'm a rabid fan or concrit for my own stories, so I also dispense it to the stories I like the most. (The not-so-good ones I don't bother nitpicking for. Ironic, no? .)

Well, in any case, this is a brilliant example of how fic writing -should- be. Keep up the brilliant work; we rabid D/Hr fans must stick together and keep writing to feed each other. . I don't know how you feel about the post-HBP D/Hr world (personally, I got hit by a -huge- plotbunny that is currently running my entire life; I think I'm basically trying to write an alternate 7th book with D/Hr and a few other odd pairings before JK goes and ruins Draco's almost-redemption or something... Which is why I'm so obsessed with sticking to the canonical characterizations, btw .), but I would LOVE (love love love -love-) to see you write a post-HBP D/Hr fic. I'm sure you'd do a wonderful job with it. Pretty please? The anticipation's killing me. .

D'you mind if I rec your fic (either this one or Linked; I'm still deciding. Both have excellent writing.) a few chapters down the road on my own fic? Reviewers have been asking for good recommendations, and I pride myself on choosing the ones with high-quality writing; this one fits the bill perfectly.

Ta,

~trieste
xxaishiteru chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
That was beautiful writing. I loved it. I hope you keep on writing no matter where your life takes you.
Cj chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
Great-Can you make a full length story out of that? I think it has a really good plot premise. I want more! I want Details!

Keep Writing
Lady Pyrefly chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
Oh, so cute! Very well written, and I always belived X-Files reruns were very helpful to writing one-shots.
Philyra chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
*sigh* I love this! There's nothing I like better than a redemption story. That's what I enjoy most about this pairing when done right: in the end, Hermione saves Draco from a fate worse than death. That's all there is to it. Thank you for being one of those people that realizes that *hugs* Now I'm off to flame those that obviously don't get that idea...heh heh...
1lorett chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
Katie!

Darling, what a sweet little pondering of Draco's life this was.

I AM glad you decided to post it, and you're right, it IS written beautifully!

I quite agree.

What did I like best? Well, I'd have to say the parallels of the King George diary entry and how what appeared to be just another day, turned into one of paramount significance to our darling, Draco.

Well done.

It was a pleasure to read it!

L
Hermione Double chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
Interesting.

Vague, but interesting.

Like a full story, but all the details and events are quickly explained.

Not in a bad way, don't get me wrong.

Realistic, and that I am happy to read.
Izadora chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
:: shifts eyes nervously::

I am afraid to admit that I am one of the 80 people you mentioned in your profile that haven't reviewed LINKED yet. I promise to be a more faithful reviewer from now on. :) Anywhoo... I really enjoyed reading this story. I absolutely agree that the writing is very pretty. I just love your style. All your plots are very original, even this little one-shot. I have been a D/HR fan for a long time and have never read a story quite like this one. I'm sorry I don't have any constructive criticism for you because I honestly don't think the story needs it. It is perfect and beautiful the way it is. I look forward to reading more of your stories. Until then...
dantesguide chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
WOW! That was really well written. I cried a little. ::sniff:: It was lovely, I loved it.
86 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6