Reviews for Interrupted Journeys: Part 4 Journeys of Discovery
firerosedreamer67 chapter 20 . 5/7
Loved this story of growth and understanding. ...we all had childhoods nice to see that these characters did too...Thank You
firerosedreamer67 chapter 10 . 5/5
Then it is my joy to have found this story after you have come back to it!...
firerosedreamer67 chapter 5 . 5/4
Sometimes it is hard to be king ..but to be a father takes the cake! ...
Gimlifan8 chapter 8 . 6/7/2013
Hm. I'm going over the parts I especially liked before while I was reading, and Anastor doesn't seem to care one bit about his sister. Acting like a coward, even. It was Legolas and his friends' influence then, that made him so brave late on? By the way, I'm loving your stories more and more!
Gimlifan8 chapter 12 . 5/26/2013
Enjoying it very much...but you know, I'm pretty sure the elflings were told they would be given bow at when they are 20 and in this ch legolas says he is already 23...was that a mistake?
Ayiana89 chapter 20 . 4/16/2013
It is really interesting to see how much Tulus has changed. He seems much happier in the capital and he seems to enjoy the children’s company. I like how you portray the children in this story. It's very realistic.
I especially like your Legolas and Galithil. Legolas seems very mature for his age. He definitely did the right thing to tell Hallion what Glilavan did.
I can understand why Galithil wanted to learn to fight so badly. Maybe he should have tried to talk to his father but I don't think Aradunnon would have listened to him. It's a good thing Aradunnon understands his reasons now and allowed him to learn how to use a bow.
Anastor and Noruil are really unlikeable in this story. They always tried to pick a fight so I guess they got what they asked for. I don't feel sorry for Noruil.
I really like Maidhien, especially when she gets exited over something that's normal for her new friends.
abunnymom chapter 20 . 6/18/2010
It is fun to see the group of elflings start to think on their own. To observe how they differ from each other and speculate how each set of parents influence their child's development. I find it interesting how Galithil is prone to exaggeration, seeing things mostly from his own perspective only, and bending the truth to his advantage - he is quite the combination of Amoneth and Aradunnon, and quite a contrast to Dolgailon. I gather that it is not unusual amongst elves to have several hundred years between siblings, and that creates a very different tone to the sibling relationship. It feels like Dolgailon is more of a parent or uncle, and the group of elflings are more like siblings. It is an interesting difference that you portray. And I get the feeling that Legolas either understands the expectations of him or has been very well taught about the serious responsibilities he will have someday - he is a very young elfling with a level of integrity that seems beyond his years. He is still clearly young - mischievous and fun loving like others. But it also feels like he is a very gifted young elfling in that he seems to have absorbed a lot of lessons by observing his parents (a kind of funny contrast to how clueless Amoneth and Aradunnon were in learning from examples) and the leadership group that make up his extended family to an extent that appears to be extraordinary for anyone, much less an elf of his age.

Marti's group, with Dolwon and Dannennion and I'm thinking Glilavan too, really amaze me with their ability to maintain their cover and wait for opportunities to work against Thranduil. I find Hallion's premise about developing a relationship with the two former leaders to be very idealistic and optimistic, but clearly Thranduil's family has made progress with little Maidhein. Although that is also in part because she is not valued by her family. But the possibility that Dolwon's family may turn away from the plotting seems realistic now. And I can't believe that Dannennion doesn't have moments of clarity as well, having seen that Thranduil is a parent with similar struggles.

I look forward to reading the next episodes - quite frankly, I am amazed that their aren't more reviews as I think this series of stories is fantastic, and brilliantly written. I can only hope that you have readers who follow along and favorite the stories or you as an author without leaving feedback. Because your writing is truly extraordinary and a delight to read. Thanks for sharing!
Ne'ith5 chapter 19 . 5/22/2010
An interesting chapter with many complex questions and answers. Oddly enough it also hits on one of my pet peeves in real life; we should but rarely do allow children to question in any manner the woes of the world as if they are incapable of forming the most rudimentary understanding of the events that shape their lives.

And as a consequence most children grow up to be either ignorant, misinformed idiots incapable of understanding current events without massive self directed information gathering or uninterested in anything other than their own pursuits. As in your story more children were guided, allowed to question and form opinions I think we would and could receive a much better outcome with fewer misunderstanding in everything from family life to multinational expression, via public diplomacy.

Excellent chapter.
Aepocalyx chapter 20 . 9/10/2009
Hi! :) I read this story out of sequence, I'm afraid, but I thought I should let you know that you write really really well and I loved it! (I am now going to go back and read them all. Especially the ones with baby Legolas! 3) Your style of writing is really engaging, and I like how even the 'bad' characters have their own motivations and fears, just like everyone else.

Do you have a beta reader? I must commend you and your beta (if you have one) since I don't remember seeing any of those small annoying errors (bear/bare, they're/their etc) that seem to pop up so often in fic. If you don't have a beta, then I really admire your eye for detail. :D

On a more frivolous front, I just can't stop cooing at the kids. They're so cute! 33
anon chapter 5 . 4/9/2009
Another thing I've noticed is that you do not end questions with question marks, eg “Can I come say goodnight before I go to sleep,”. This is also an annoying thing which causes me to break in my reading but I am still really enjoying your storys. Yours plots are very good, your OC's are very likeable and developed and this is certainly one of the best written Thranduil's that I have ever come accross. Just check your grammer and wording better before posting :) :) :)
Galadrieliel chapter 9 . 3/23/2009
Hi... I would ask, what's happend with Marty? She is my favorit "criminal" person! _
Tari Surion chapter 3 . 2/26/2009
Love your story so far! Can't wait to find out what happens next!

~Tari,
JastaElf chapter 20 . 2/1/2009
This is such an excellent tale; your characterizations are very powerful, and I really like the fact that you keep them consistent throughout. I've been very interested in the last couple of chapters to watch the interactions between the antagonists and various members of their families. I'd like to see Dannenion come around in time... but I suspect he's kind of set in his ways. Dolwon, on the other hand... :)

Legolas is slowly learning that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar... he's turning out to be such a fine youngster! Galathil worries me, but then I suspect he's supposed to... lol...

In any case, I look forward to reading more about these excellent characters! Thanks for sharing your story with us!
Jedi Sapphire chapter 20 . 2/1/2009
I just discovered this fic today, and I love it! It's very nice to imagine an entire household in Mirkwood, with plenty of cousins and friends for Legolas... And a brother for Thranduil, that's something that doesn't happen often.

I'm off to explore your other fics now. *g*
K'lara7 chapter 20 . 1/31/2009
"When have we ever done anything stupid?"

Is that a loaded question or what? So time moves on and Greenwood is now Mirkwood. Knew it was coming, but ouch! I enjoy seeing this part of Middle Earth through your eyes. Looking forward to Part Five.