Reviews for Broken Mind, Fractured Soul
orthankg1 chapter 22 . 6/2
I know it's a little late. I would have Harry remember one of the things he saw on the TV, while with Sirius, was a show explaining simple magic tricks you can do even in your back yard.

All you need is a glass pain, some L brackets, and screws, and you have a man levitating of the ground. Then one of them goes to get Snape saying they were practicing simple spells and now I've of them is stuck floating near a tree. Snape then spends the next ten minutes trying to use the counter spell to no effect.
SaintlyMonarch chapter 1 . 5/9
You didn't even spell the killing curse correctly.
gryphan.master900 chapter 19 . 4/30
It's sad that she is such an authority worshiper. She would have been a total nazi informer in nazi germany.
gryphan.master900 chapter 16 . 4/29
Your story is giving me heartburn. I liked the overworked and unknowing angle with Dumbledore and now he is an evil manipulator.
NeverStopsReading chapter 52 . 4/23
I loved this story so much. The way it was written was beautiful and it made me feel like I was part of the story and when something bad happened I felt it and when good happened I felt that too, it was truly beautiful.
I haven’t found many story’s where Harry has a serious mental illness (although all metal illnesses are serious) like MPD, or maybe I just haven’t found them (totally would welcome any recommendations from anyone), but I loved how you wrote it.
There was a good balance between the good and bad and I’ve read some fics where they just keep piling the bad on but you had good balance with it and I wasn’t overwhelmed with the bad stuff that happened.
And it wasn’t too graphic (for me anyway) or too vague.
Author you should be so proud because this is a 5 star story and I’m soo gonna read the second book.
NeverStopsReading chapter 48 . 4/23
“You’re not very clever in the morning Severus, do you always state the obvious?”
In my head I just heard Severus’s voice say “Obviously” in that way we all love and I laughed so hard and I don’t even know why.
The story's getting kinda tedious to read, it's really slow-paced... i'll keep on reading to see how it plays out for a few more chapters tho.
Sela McGrane chapter 2 . 3/21
Hi. I'm not going to keep reading this story, but I did want to thank you for writing it. I have MPD/DID myself, and I suppose the story is hitting too close to home for me to not find it disconcerting, and if I'm honest, the experience of it (or at least my experience of it) is somewhat different then how you're portraying it. For one, you don't get to choose when an alter comes forward. Your alters aren't going to conveniently have you back in bed by dawn like some Cinderella. There's no predictability. There's no control, except in very rare situations after you've been in treatment for years. Still, I appreciate that you would write about the topic at all. It's so hard going through life living with a condition that I'm taught I should be ashamed of - that proves I'm weak and broken - when in reality I feel enriched by my alters and wish I didn't fear rejection just by admitting to "voices in my head". That you're showing a hero as having it, and despite not reading how this story ends, I imagine that it ends with Harry still saving the day and being awesome, and that a hero can have it and still be a hero... it means everything. Thanks again.
clumsymythicalowl chapter 20 . 1/22
I take back what I said about Harry completely ditching Ron. I don't think they can ever be best friends (like Harry and Neville are) but perhaps good friends.

I am going to also read the recommendation stories. Thank you.
clumsymythicalowl chapter 19 . 1/21
I'm a bit wary of trusting that Ron won't tell Dumbledore Harry's supposed location.

However, Hermione was way out of line. I didn't like the thing with the Firebolt, but at least that one had a reason and no solid reason NOT to have it tested. But this time, her reasoning was highly flawed and there was a solid reason as to why she should not tell Dumbledore Harry's supposed location. He literally told her that the Dursley's made him unsafe and that Dumbledore refused to relocate him to somewhere safer despite Harry's insistence. Yet she is going to tell Dumbledore anyway and, as far as she knows, possibly causing him further harm against his will. What the hell Hermione? I could never be friends with someone who would do something like this to me.

I think Harry should ditch Dumbledore (duh), Hermione (because of this incident and a few other reasons) and Ron (for not being a great friend, as Silas points out in earlier chapters).

I also strongly believe Harry and Neville being best friends is amazing. They are wonderful together because they lift each other up and always help each other (unlike in Harry's mediocre friendship with Ron and Hermione).

I like the idea of Harry being close with Severus and Remus and Sirius. Although, Sirius needs to get his act together and accept that Harry wants Severus in his life (and cares for him).

I love this story so much. Brilliant job in the writing. It evokes very strong emotions in me (e.g. hatred for Dumbledore, dislike of/disappointment in Hermione, sympathy for Harry, loathing for the Dursleys).
Bele chapter 54 . 12/23/2020
thx!
snamioneBDSMcuriosity chapter 19 . 12/15/2020
I think Harry should end his friendships with them. Even tho this story is finished so clearly my opinions won’t influence the story. But just want to reply anyway lol.
snamioneBDSMcuriosity chapter 16 . 12/15/2020
Ok. And sad and horrible as this is. I love when I read a story of dumbledore not being perfect. And Snape having a good, caring and protective side.
snamioneBDSMcuriosity chapter 1 . 12/14/2020
This was a very interesting and informative introduction to the story. I can’t wait to see how it turns out.
Guest chapter 6 . 11/25/2020
Look, it’s a good story and all, nice themes, very well explained how each personality was created. But I think there’s hardly any chemistry between Harry and Snape for the former to trust the Professor. Snape’s thoughts and ideas and emotions regarding Harry are not discussed in the story. Snape’s hatred of Harry and James was not mentioned really. It makes no sense.
It’s a great fic about DID but not exactly good about Snape and Harry, as such.
But I have only read the first few chapters so if a reader is reading this review can very well dive in, they might like this story more than I did.
4,199 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »