Reviews for Prelude to a Duet
Aileil chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
You made me think, it would be really, really funny to stick Mckay in Sheppard's head. :)
thanks for writing!
rawa chapter 3 . 8/23/2009
Post that SGU controversy I wondered if there was a tag/story dealing with how Rodney felt about having his body controlled without his permission.

I know the episode was played for laughs, but I found it creepy.
Whirlwind421 chapter 3 . 5/12/2009
I love it! There was no proper after fic with Rodney and the Duet incident until this fic at least. I mean Rodney must have felt very violated! Great story!
ferryboat George chapter 3 . 5/22/2008
Nice perspective on this episode, and nice follow up
Sepik chapter 3 . 7/16/2006
That was an interesting and fairly humerous read. :D
emergencyfan chapter 3 . 8/29/2005
I enjoyed this.
fanficaddict chapter 3 . 8/13/2005
Yay :D Great job! it was cool to see the ep from John's pov :D
jennamajig chapter 3 . 8/12/2005
Very nice POV; getting Shep's view of the whole episode was wonderful and I just loved the interaction between he and Rodney (just loved Chapter 3). But now I have this image of Beckett, Cadman, and McKay in a therapy session with Heightmeyer...hehe, what a session that would probably be :).
drufan chapter 3 . 8/12/2005
Excellent insight. I agree not enough Shep and McKay interaction. Liked your story.
sgafan33 chapter 3 . 8/12/2005
This was a great recap of the episode from John's POV. I could really hear his voice there. Good job. And your followup conversation between John and Rodney is very much what I'd think the characters would say and do. You have great observational skills.

Just a few minor points. On the planet, Major Lorne was with Teyla, not with John. I think Rodney was very mortified, not just a bit, in kissing Carson. Carson is a Scot, not a Scott. In chapter 3 you say "We Americans have put the most distance... " and then you say "and Rodney is no exception." This implies that Rodney is American, and he's Canadian. I know you know that, it's just the sentence structure.

When Cadman yelled "Scatter!", she pushed Beckett to get him moving in another direction, but he fell down instead. Rodney was ahead of Cadman and couldn't see her. It should have been Cadman running off in another direction away from Rodney. But it looks like she was in the process of grabbing Rodney from behind, or trying to push him, when they were beamed away. Cadman did wait very late to remind Carson and Rodney to scatter. Even if they should all know how to react when they hear a Wraith dart, I can see Carson forgetting what to do. But I would think that since Rodney's been off world more often, and has a highly developed sense of self preservation, he would do what he normally does and expect the military person to run away from him.

Again, other than those minor points, it was a great story.
clara chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
Wraithfodder, I have always liked your stories! Keep them up!
taintor chapter 2 . 8/12/2005
looking forward to the next part. The scientist are like squirrels reference was hilarious. Zelenka did look like a squirrel on the highway during that part of the episode
rogue1503 chapter 2 . 8/12/2005
Nicely done - looking forward to the next part, I really like the way you did this - super job and very entertaining!
rogue1503 chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
Hey really good! - have only seen half of Duet yet, but don't care if this a spoiler, sometimes it's better that way. I love your Sheppard POV, can really hear him thinking like that - it's good - going to read the next one now!
angw chapter 2 . 8/12/2005
Ha - I laughed myself silly watching that episode. Your story fills in all the gaps and I like the Sheppard POV. Looking forward to the next chapter.