Reviews for The Face In The Mirror
BarbaraW chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Wow - what a really terrific story! I just couldn't tear myself away from it. You did a great job of bringing Sam and Al to life - it wasn't hard to hear their voices in this piece. Thanks for sharing!
Nora Freeze chapter 27 . 1/28/2008
I know this is an Older Fic. But, I loved it. Congrats on a Superb piece of work that I enjoyed very much. I usually avoid long stories, but, this drew me in and kept me reading. Well done.
w84u chapter 27 . 6/8/2006
Wow) That was my first Quantum Leap fic to read, and I really liked it) You did a great job. Thank you.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 27 . 5/16/2006
Wow.

Words can barely do this story justice.

I always enjoyed the episodes of 'Quantum Leap' where Al played more of a role in solving the problem than just telling Sam what he was there for, so I particularly enjoyed him threatening 'Aaron' when the guy tried to take control of Sam.

I also found the 'character' of Philip an interesting addition to the mix; indeed, the whole CONCEPT of Sam acquiring the MPD condition of his host was so brilliant I'm amazed the show never tried it.

OK, so Sam DID regress through the minds of some of his past hosts in 'Shock Theater', but it's not really the same thing as what you've done.

Best of all, you captured the most important aspect of the whole show; Sam and Al's friendship. A friendship so great that either man would do ANYTHING for the other...

(Oh, and you managed to express it while staying away from anything slash-related; I really HATE it when people do that to Sam and Al)

Keep up the good work.

And, once again...

WOW.
ObsessedRomantic chapter 3 . 4/21/2006
Man, this kid's got problems. Five bucks anda dirty book says "Aaron" is one of the other persoalties.
ObsessedRomantic chapter 2 . 4/21/2006
OK, This is an interesting start. Who is Perry and who is this other vioce? I have to check this out.

Joanne
prometheus-1984 chapter 27 . 10/12/2005
Wow. It's very rare that I'll sit down, on a night when I have to be up for classes the next day no less, and read such a long fanfic piece. They have to be really good to keep me interested for that long.

I cried. I almost never cry, and never over fanfic pieces. You did an excellent job of capturing... everything. For the first few chapters I said to myself, "I could use longer chapters..." but you certainly didn't disappoint. I look forward to more fic from you!

Peace!
Anonymous-cat chapter 27 . 8/23/2005
What a thought-provoking, action packed fic! This is one of the best QL fics I've read in a long time. It was very realistic, the characterisation was well done, and the plot was interesting. I really enjoyed reading it. Great job!
whitefire chapter 19 . 8/23/2005
Good story so far. I like the way you've developed the story line: leaving enough strands to the puzzle to keep it from becoming predictable. I have a couple of suggestions, though. First, I'd recommend going more in detail into Aaron's character, specifically his interactions with Al. You tell us that Al is scared by him because you keep mentioning his experience in Vietnam and the sixth sense. I find myself wanting more from the interaction: Al isn't one to run away from situations that make him uncomfortable, so have him challenge Aaron, talk with Aaron, or even fight for Sam's return with Aaron.

Second, at times when you have Verbena and Al interacting, it gets confusing about who is where and when. When Verbena first realizes what's going on, and when she expresses her misgivings to Al, she is moving around the Project complex and it gets hard to mentally follow her in relation to where Al is.

Aside from that, it is an interesting fanfiction. Also, I admire the respect you treat the condition with. I, as a reader, feel that you have done your research and that you aren't simply using it as entertainment.

Keep up the great work,

~Whitefire
Kwaho chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
I have loved this story ever since I read it on another site I found though Al's place. I loved reading it again.
Burnt Hamster chapter 27 . 8/17/2005
I LOVED THIS STORY!

It's hard for me to stay interested in a story this long! But I loved it! Every part of it! I am surprised there aren't many reviews!

It was very well written. I can't wait to read more by you!
Hadschi Halef Omar chapter 27 . 8/15/2005
Wow. Your style of writing, the dialogue and the charachters - Sam, Al, & Co. as well as the new ones - are well done, but the suspense and detailed, accurated descriptions had me gripped. A special, interesting struggle Sam went through on this one!

I would like to read more of your work.