Reviews for Keeping Store
j.vincent chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
This Noir 'take' is so visual that I feel like I can see it unfold like a movie. I love it and of course I want more. Please ...
JenEvan chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Mira's POV is certainly amusing Her description of Kirika and Chloe really funny o ('Small Girl' and 'girl who had dyed her hair with a color that would clash with everything she would wear')

And she's definitely a lucky girl:didnt get killed in the crossfire, wasn't eliminated as a witness, and survived her encounter with Chloe, despite her 'Who're you!' greeting o

A nice read; especially the fighting, thru her eyes; she was more worried of her father's set of knives!

Plus I also like the setting:in a SEA location which I'm more or less able to relate to :P

Well done!
sharnii chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Very amusing read. Great idea for a Noir fanfic and nicely written :-)
Lucrecia Almasy chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
Very funny! Caucasian girl and Small girl. Congrats _
Veleda chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
I was incredibly amused by this. The plot is is both funny and believable, and the pacing is great. Mirielle struck me as a bit out of character, but on when she was describing the various ways Mira could die, which was a funny line, so I'm willing to overlook it.
fignae chapter 1 . 9/26/2005
Multi-cultural Noir! Thank you for bringing out something that's easily forgotten, the cute blend of Japanese and French influence-and now that you've transplanted them into the Philippines, Portuguese and Chinese and a million others. Very clever.

Some very choice words in this fic that I thought were delicious (but that was me being weird); "pawing something from the hem of her skirt" is hilarious.

...I see Mireille and Kirika need outside help with their jobs sometimes. :D
Alice in wonderland with Percy chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
Loved it, so original. I love the way Mira saw the two, the way she reacted to them.
Breaking-Doll chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
So funny! I really like it, especially the "I am blind" part and Chloe's entry. Very good job!
Umi Watarimono chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
Hahaha! Different! I liked it! It was really funny! Good job on this! Yay! ahem 'Small girl' laughed! Kawaii!

Awesome job! I look forward to more of your stuff.
Mai chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
Now THAT was funny! I absolutely loved it!

I liked the fact that Kirika spoke in French.

I don't think I read it anywhere before.

Anyways, it's perfect! The length, tension,

plot and ending! Keep up the good work!
Section-Eight chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
Damn you! Now I must finish Shopping Mission in a vain attempt to top this!

And I bet this happens all the time.

Love the "no witnesses" gag. And the token Chloe. And the "Who are you?" gag. Very energetic, with perfect timing on the beats. Thunk thunk thunk, like metal into funny bone.

Knowing most Chinese restaurants, wouldn't there be more cleavers? (Hell, it's practically all my grandparents use.)