Reviews for Dreams to Ashes
Jade23 chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
I'm absolutely crazy for this story. Its touching and dark and expressive, and just...wow. Amazing work.
Nukumi chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
I want to say something, I really do because this is so incredibly deserving of a decent review, but I'm positively speechless. I'm sorry m'dear, you'll have to settle for my fav'ing it.
skepsis66 chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
What bitter promises to swallow. Very nicely done, though.
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
5/5
kaibasgirlx chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
Wow, this was so beautiful, and such wonderful insight into Jiraiya's character. I cannot even begin to describe how amazing this was, the whole format, everything was just so wonderful. Thank you so much for writing this!

~Téa
OSYH chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
Sigh. It was heartbreaking at the end because even though some people like me aren't writers, we too have too many dreams that eventually die. I did like the idea of the story though! :)
azure orbis chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
I love how you focus more on Jiraiya's writing side and his dream notebook, especially on the "becoming Hokage" dream, which is both poignant and curious- as in when did he first have this ambition and why did he lose it. The part about writers being dreamers is so true. Great job on the character and the fic.
HannahSakura.Pinoy chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
It's wonderful!
Pontificator chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
Deceptively tame, melancholic, and almost-but-not-quite-bitter. A moving examination of Jiraiya.
Tsunade-sama chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
A great story. Well written. One of my favourite stories from now on.
een nihc chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
wow,awesome introspection of jiraiya's dreams and promises.i think if one lives old enough,the disappointment on broken promises is inevitable.i feel so old now...(laugh)

good story nonetheless.
wellduh chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
I've come across this over and over, from different links and things, and every time I read it I fall more in love with it. Awesome.
esther chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
beautiful and poignant. stories about jiraiya always attract me, because i feel that there is much more than meets the eye when it comes to this supposedly shallow, perverted though powerful ninja.

and also i WUV jiraiya to death and think he is HAWT! hehehe

i'm really glad i found this fic. so good...such subtle, painful angst...loved it
esther chapter 1 . 11/28/2005

and also i WUV jiraiya to death and think he is HAWT! hehehe

ElasticBobaTurtle chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
Wow. That was really quite beautiful. I haven't read such excellent Jiraiya portrayal for...well, never, pretty much. I actually don't read much Jiraiya fics, but this was wonderful.