Reviews for Angels' Tread
Jux chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
I first read this story when I was like in middle school? Highschool, just barely? Something like that. I have had that descriptive line - "Dinct. The Witches Familiar." like, stuck in my head from then till now, some like seriously 10 years later. Wierd to see this story on .

One of my alltime favorite characterizations of Zell, and an amazingly potent description of the familiar at all. Wonderful cadence and everything. Man. So glad this is still somewhere.
risiz chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
um... so... er... loop? (*risiz head steams*)
Hokit chapter 1 . 7/11/2003
Wow! I'm truly impressed with your theory regarding the inheritance and passing-on of powers from the Sorceress. Poor Rinoa! It seems like that after the horrors of Time Compression, she's still got a fragment of Sorcery (hence, Ultimacea) in her blood/mentality. So while everyone is free from the Sorceress, it seems that Rinoa is doomed to be burdened with those influences in her head, twisiting her character and turning her into something she normally isn't.

Furthermore, I liked the way you arouse some sort of sympathy for Rinoa's plight. Despite the fact that she unecessarily lashes out at the help offered from Quistis in the prequel. Yet in the end, we realise that Rinoa isn't evil, but just fragile and vulnerable. From who? Herself? Probably. It seems that even though Ultimacea was initially responsible for Rinoa's bizarre behaviour, I'd say that Rinoa is largely responsible for the way she's been acting mainly because she doesn't put up any (well, OK. She does put up a LITTLE) resistance to her dark instincts - kill or not kill.

Thanks for the fic. Keep up the good work and I hope you'll be sending more stories of this sort in the near future :)
GlitterGirl chapter 1 . 4/14/2001
What a fabulous idea...and a well executed fic. Very intelligent. When the author said it was 'complex' she wasn't lying.
kazeno chapter 1 . 4/14/2001
*blinks in confusion* Strange... but cool in a weird way... is there a sequel?
Battle Maid chapter 1 . 4/14/2001
My good God, but that was confusing! However, I think I got it in the end. Apart from that, the emotion that you wrote with helped to keep the stories together. I honestly felt I was in a whirlpool while I read this. A very different portrayal of Rinoa, and you gave her a strength that she didn't seem to possess in the game. Very beautiful; I'll just read it once more to make sure I understood!