Reviews for Grief That Does Not Speak
Evil Little Dog chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Gorgeous. It's nice to see this from Giles' POV.
MiniShrink chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
Realistic depiction of Giles here. On a sidenote, you never DID mention Anya, and maybe you could've slipped that in during the part where Giles is bitterly thinking about all the small talk the two could make with each other.
Lythande1972 chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
SivanShemesh chapter 1 . 5/28/2006

I love that, espcially this: '“You took pleasure in my pain,” Giles adds. “I’m not going to forget that anytime soon.”' a very powerful line.

Thank you for writing it, and i hope you don't mine for adding your stories into my C2 and sending you an invitiation to join.

(forgive me for my english - second languague).

I enjoyed reading, and love angst among pairing, intresting and moving.

Sivan Shemesh
devianttart chapter 1 . 8/22/2005
I really, really like this piece!
docmon chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
Wow! This was terrific! I really like how raw the emotions are. The tension between the two is as sharp as a knife. Giles's reaction to Angel is right on target, I feel. Not too much fear, but enough. Enough leftover anger, and a soup of other emotions floating in there, all well-portrayed and well-balanced.

The only tiny thing I would change would be at the end. It was a powerful line - once I figured out that Giles said it to Angel, who is very much dead himself, wow. Very intense.

Granted, the very next sentence tells you the speaker, but I guess I was impatient. ;-) I don't know how, but maybe you could make it more readily apparent. If you don't change it, though, it will be just as good.

And I'm left with the question, does Giles make it home, walking through that cemetery alone?

Well done!
wordmad chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
That's lovely and sad. I ... *ponders* that could be a really interesting grounding piece for a slashfic with Giles/Angel. Don't know if you generally write slash, but I'd love to see more of this story.