Reviews for The Mary Sue Test
Guest1 chapter 1 . 5/10
I personally found the Asian comment to be very offensive. Why can't they be Asian? other than that one question, great quiz overall.
otakufairy chapter 1 . 5/3
Score: 9
Meet Lilly Miller though she goes by Mill.
An 18 year old who moved out on her own with a normal life. She has no powers, no combat training and no real defining features. Preferring to be the one reporting the events and deeds of heroes she does not want to be apart of the titans. However after becoming friends with a few of honorary titans and getting caught in the crossfire more than a few times she just joins as an honorary member for the hell of it. This decision is the best mistake of her life.
The part about the Asian names was insulting. I'm Chinese, bitch!
TigerCritic chapter 2 . 11/8/2015
Very helpful I've been meaning to make a character but I was worried she'd come off as too strong I got a 19, hehe but I don't intend to make the obvious mistakes people sometimes make
Sheri chapter 1 . 5/22/2015
Zephyr got 7.5! GO BEAST BOY!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/29/2015
Here's the thing: calling a character a 'Mary-Sue' is never a proper literary criticism. Often, it's the characters and story lines that are unusual that get our attention. But focusing entirely on fan-written works, a Mary-Sue (I still cringe at that term. .) is hard to judge. Most of the time, people don't want ''realistic'' characters. They want characters well written and well developed, inside an interesting and well written story. Whether or not ridiculously overpowered characters are less easy to write or less fun to read?
That's beside the point. :)
ForeverLunar chapter 1 . 3/30/2015
Nice
Sasha chapter 2 . 3/29/2015
I got an 11 yay
Into The Rising Sun chapter 1 . 3/8/2015
Mine got a 6.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/8/2015
I hope you'll do a "Mary-Sue test" for reader-insert fics. Even though I'm very afraid all reader-insert characters are Mary-Sues, heh... '
IceDynamiteDragonflyStars chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
Yaay, 50,052! And yes, this is a good thing because I'm making a deliberate Sue for a parody I'm doing, so now I know she Sueish enough.
Robaezica W chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
I don't have a teen titans OC fic so I tried it with a different OC... That's probably why I got a 1
TotallyNotTheCookieQueen chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
This is great!

I entered my character Wisp, a genetic mutant who was given the power to superheat molecules in the air, thus giving her flight. She befriends a mutated fox named Tam (she calls her Tambourine) who is able to converse in human language while in captivity. She lears how to use a small gun after escaping from prison.

Do you think her backstory is too idealized? Does she have too many powers? PM me! :)
tav-quius chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
this is so true
ArsenicRoses chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
I actually took this test to evaluate my SKYRIM fan fiction characters... I'm really paranoid that my characters might be Mary-Sues, especially my lead female. But she's not. She's kind of a loser...

So, I guess I'm okay. XD