Reviews for The Mary Sue Test
Sheri chapter 1 . 5/22
Zephyr got 7.5! GO BEAST BOY!
Here's the thing: calling a character a 'Mary-Sue' is never a proper literary criticism. Often, it's the characters and story lines that are unusual that get our attention. But focusing entirely on fan-written works, a Mary-Sue (I still cringe at that term. .) is hard to judge. Most of the time, people don't want ''realistic'' characters. They want characters well written and well developed, inside an interesting and well written story. Whether or not ridiculously overpowered characters are less easy to write or less fun to read?
That's beside the point. :)
ForeverLunar chapter 1 . 3/30
Nice
Sasha chapter 2 . 3/29
I got an 11 yay
Into The Rising Sun chapter 1 . 3/8
Mine got a 6.
I hope you'll do a "Mary-Sue test" for reader-insert fics. Even though I'm very afraid all reader-insert characters are Mary-Sues, heh... '
IceDynamiteDragonflyStars chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
Yaay, 50,052! And yes, this is a good thing because I'm making a deliberate Sue for a parody I'm doing, so now I know she Sueish enough.
Robaezica W chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
I don't have a teen titans OC fic so I tried it with a different OC... That's probably why I got a 1
IAmTheCookieQueen chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
This is great!

I entered my character Wisp, a genetic mutant who was given the power to superheat molecules in the air, thus giving her flight. She befriends a mutated fox named Tam (she calls her Tambourine) who is able to converse in human language while in captivity. She lears how to use a small gun after escaping from prison.

Do you think her backstory is too idealized? Does she have too many powers? PM me! :)
ML-AWESOMENESS chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
this is so true
ArsenicRoses chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
I actually took this test to evaluate my SKYRIM fan fiction characters... I'm really paranoid that my characters might be Mary-Sues, especially my lead female. But she's not. She's kind of a loser...

So, I guess I'm okay. XD
Faliara chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
I have OCs, but I barely ever use them in fanfiction anymore. .-.
Starpaw77 chapter 1 . 5/18/2014
Even if I am not in the Teen Titans fandom, this is still good... I just wanted to check if the girl on my first story was a Sue or not... Interesting very interesting. Just to say one thing I am kind of proud of... Is that she didn't have much romance!

I am pretty sure that makes up for it, I didn't explain much of her looks. And she wasn't the most powerful in the story... Actually just sort of a protector for royalty... XD Thank you for this, I also tried the actual test, to say it was a little confusing... :D
CupcakePride101 chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
Wait... How does naming your OC an Asian name counts as it being a Mary Sue? (Fyi: I'm not part of the Teen Titan fandom, so if it does count as a part of that fandom, then... I dunno XP)
LottaLaughs chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
Haha I was planning to write a Mary-Sue parody, and this actually helped a lot X'D I turned my 10-12 range character into a 31 point character. Fanfics beware!