Reviews for The Mary Sue Test
Stormshadow3 chapter 1 . 7/28/2016
My character is a black-haired girl with storm green eyes called Rachel Chase (who is completely based on me minus the name and the looks), and here is her personality: likes being in the center of attention, is bossy, stubborn, and has a short temper. Hates heights, and spiders, and has only a few friends. Also: she is not related to anyone actually in the original books, whether a main character or a minor character, she is a normal person with no special powers whatsoever, has normal biological parents that are actually related to her, she was not abused or sold into slavery or whatever (though I'm planning to have her tortured later on, and anyways, Jesus, she lives in the twenty-first century in California). She's just sometimes a little possessed by an alien who somehow was made immortal but now regrets it (yeah, I know, my stories are weird, I don't need you to tell me), and this is all somehow a Warrior Cats fanfiction. Her warrior name is Stormshadow, which... well, my username on here is Stormshadow3. But I just really like that name. She once let go of a person dangling off a cliff to save herself (even though people tried, it was her fault and she knew it until the end). And I somehow got eighteen? I'm not mad at anyone, just saying, I just need someone to tell me how much of a Mary-Sue this is, because I need to know.
Guest1 chapter 1 . 5/10/2016
I personally found the Asian comment to be very offensive. Why can't they be Asian? other than that one question, great quiz overall.
otakufairy chapter 1 . 5/3/2016
Score: 9
Meet Lilly Miller though she goes by Mill.
An 18 year old who moved out on her own with a normal life. She has no powers, no combat training and no real defining features. Preferring to be the one reporting the events and deeds of heroes she does not want to be apart of the titans. However after becoming friends with a few of honorary titans and getting caught in the crossfire more than a few times she just joins as an honorary member for the hell of it. This decision is the best mistake of her life.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/4/2016
The part about the Asian names was insulting. I'm Chinese, bitch!
TigerCritic chapter 2 . 11/8/2015
Very helpful I've been meaning to make a character but I was worried she'd come off as too strong I got a 19, hehe but I don't intend to make the obvious mistakes people sometimes make
Sheri chapter 1 . 5/22/2015
Zephyr got 7.5! GO BEAST BOY!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/29/2015
Here's the thing: calling a character a 'Mary-Sue' is never a proper literary criticism. Often, it's the characters and story lines that are unusual that get our attention. But focusing entirely on fan-written works, a Mary-Sue (I still cringe at that term. .) is hard to judge. Most of the time, people don't want ''realistic'' characters. They want characters well written and well developed, inside an interesting and well written story. Whether or not ridiculously overpowered characters are less easy to write or less fun to read?
That's beside the point. :)
LadyOfTheBlueCourts chapter 1 . 3/30/2015
Nice
Sasha chapter 2 . 3/29/2015
I got an 11 yay
Into The Rising Sun chapter 1 . 3/8/2015
Mine got a 6.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/8/2015
I hope you'll do a "Mary-Sue test" for reader-insert fics. Even though I'm very afraid all reader-insert characters are Mary-Sues, heh... '
IceDynamiteDragonflyStars chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
Yaay, 50,052! And yes, this is a good thing because I'm making a deliberate Sue for a parody I'm doing, so now I know she Sueish enough.
Robaezica W chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
I don't have a teen titans OC fic so I tried it with a different OC... That's probably why I got a 1
PastriesDontDoHomework chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
This is great!

I entered my character Wisp, a genetic mutant who was given the power to superheat molecules in the air, thus giving her flight. She befriends a mutated fox named Tam (she calls her Tambourine) who is able to converse in human language while in captivity. She lears how to use a small gun after escaping from prison.

Do you think her backstory is too idealized? Does she have too many powers? PM me! :)
haha its gone find me on ao3 chapter 1 . 8/19/2014