Reviews for Last Rites
gginsc chapter 3 . 8/13/2011
Still loving this story!
peersrogue chapter 3 . 12/30/2009
A breath taking tearjerker. The characters so beautifully drawn I hope I am right in thinking the wind from the West was Boromir coming to claim his love when the battle is over.
Taraisilwen chapter 3 . 1/20/2006
To little time to write much but I see that all I would have said had already been said in other reviews.

This was great and very well written)
Pink Punkerz chapter 3 . 8/22/2005
Hello, Isabeau! It is great to see a new story out from you. They are always sure to please! I love the more in-depth and three dimensional feel to your writing versus Tolkien, which comes off a bit too distance to be fully enjoyed as the reader doesn't ever get a full feel of the situations or characters. This was a definite hit on your part! I'll be waiting, as always, for more material- not that I don't appreciate the update! :) Good luck in all the many things that you do and hopefully things will calm down and you can listen to your muse!
Sprite Figwit's Fangirl chapter 3 . 8/15/2005
There's not much I can say except your writing is only getting better. Nothing I can put in words exactly, but the quality seems to be continuously going up.

Being the humour loving fic reader I am, I adored the 'Andra always told me to remember my shield,' bit. It was so perfectly in character that I saw and heard Sean Bean say it; you're bringing so much depth to these characters that was never there for me before.

If you ever write and publish a book I fully expect you to tell all of your loyal FF.N fans about it and where we can buy it ;)

Oh, and you're forgiven for lack of updates on Silver Swan and Ultimatums since you gave us a whole new ficlet :D
brinian chapter 3 . 8/14/2005
As with the other reviewers...thank you for another wonderful story in your ever-growing Heth 'verse. I think Andra is possibly one of the best OCs I've read in LoTR fanfic and anxiously await any and all updates.

I was particularly taken by the conversation between Pippin and Andra. Once again, the coming together of two, ore really three, cultures' approaches to the subject of same-sex relations was handled very well.

I also like that Aragorn doesn't get off as the perfect hero. Andra's reserve WRT Aragorn's leadership capabilities is an outstanding bit of characterization.

Please keep writing. I'll try to be patient :-)
mac.zac chapter 3 . 8/14/2005
Ah, Isabeau. Every time I fret over your length of time between updates, you post a beautiful story/chapter that makes me realize how it was worth the wait. I am in love with your characterizations, and every time I visit your or Altariel/Isabeau site I become totally immersed in this corner of Tolkien's world that you've expanded on. Your vision is so consistent between your various stories - complete with little references to past, parallel and future events. Every scene in "Last Rites" feels so well crafted & perfectly done to me. Thanks for another well-written Imri & Andra exposition! Enjoyed a little insight into Imri's eldest, also, and the discussion about Nimrien making Imri's shirt. Must echo another reviewers Q, though: I don't remember seeing anything that shows Andra when he first hears of Boromir's death - or are you going to leave that to our imagination? Great stuff! Pleasepleaseplease update more!
Kate Swynford chapter 3 . 8/14/2005
I'm always happy to see another story from you, especially if it is set in the same 'verse. This one was a great filler and it fits perfectly both with canon and with your Hethlin stories. I particularly loved Aragorn and Pippin who were so much in character, and I was fascinated by Andrahar - his past, his history with Imrahil and his relationship with Boromir. Andrahar became more human to me. :)
WanderingAlbatros chapter 3 . 8/14/2005
Hello Isabeau,

again a wonderful new story!

The more I get to see of Andrahar, the more I like him. In the first chapter thinking about the Sacred Fire and the Valar and his own way between those... It is really difficult to tell whether Andrahars curse on Denethor had any relation to Denethors death in the fire. My opinion is, there is no difference. Sacred Fire is just another name for the same truth, which is beyond that what the western people call the Valar. So I think he will find Boromir and "will have his little talk with him".

A unpleasant evening for Aragorn and Pippin in an unpleasant surrounding near the Black Gate. But its good for both to talk about Boromirs death. Both are very honest as I expected from them and take their part of the blame. Thank you once again for writing so much bookverse!

And Pippin and the badger remark... great! A perfect description of Andrahar!

I soon hope to see some new updates from you!
Rose Sared chapter 3 . 8/13/2005
"Imrahil wept as well after a time, though in more subdued fashion, for a kinsman brought low by love denied and by despair"

And by goodness so did I. sniff. Wonderful,story - superb writing, excuse me while I go off and throw myself on my sword in jealousy.

Thanks

Rose
Rose Sared chapter 2 . 8/13/2005
Oh, how do you do that - make a known tale so fresh and fascinating. Sigh, I will have to put it down to skill and move on to the next ch.

Loved how Aragorn's insecurities are still with him and Imrahil supports him with faint praise - wicked!

R
Rose Sared chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
Oh, you write so well! And what a pleasure to meet these guys again, even on the eve of battle. Looking forward to more.

Particulary liked your observation of Andrahar

"after a moment Andrahar nodded, and reached up to pat the arm that encircled his shoulders. It was one of the few awkward movements the Prince had ever seen him make."

Such subtle writing, so lovely - you go beard Aragorn in his den Swan Prince! get some answers.

Rose
HalandLeg4ever chapter 3 . 8/13/2005
Oh! I come back from vacation to find three new chapters written by you. A welcomed surprise! I absolutely love your stories, and the way you write your characters. Faramir and Imrahil and Andra and Elrohir and Heth are all masterfully written! I'm glad that you can find time to update. I can't wait to read more! Keep up the good work.
AM chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
I so love your universe, especially Andrahar.
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
Wonderful first chapter - this is a new Andrahar, burdened with sorrow and actually admitting it under the questioning of the very perceptive Imrahil and Elphir, who are the only family he has with him here. To go into battle thinking that eternal darkness awaits, and that one's lover died shadowed, and to feel the shame of having (in his mind)nearly brought about the horrible murder of an innocent man, these are terrible burdens even for a man as strong as Andrahar.

Have you written the scene where Andrahar and Faramir shared a moment of grief over Boromir before Faramir rode out to what he believed would probably be his own death? That must have been harrowing for both of them.

Elphir is well-written here; and, as always, the bond between Imrahil and Andrahar is beautiful and credible.