Reviews for Play by Ear
Ami chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
I love these pieces for FFVI. So well conceived and executed. Please continue writing.
Kaira77 chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
This is great! its really accurate to the characters and their semi-unknown feelings towards each other at this point in the game. its so hard to find someone who writes these two properly - well done!
invocations chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
I'm utterly convinced that this could have happened in the game- such is the beauty of your writing! The conversation between Squall and Rinoa is so telling about both of them- to me it showed Squall opening up tiny bit by bit, and Rinoa's tenacity. I like the mundane battle-worries that Squall has to shoulder. I love, most of all, Squall's admission that Rinoa is stronger than he. These details all turn this scene into something so convincing- glad you wrote it!
Netta Sloan chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
This was great! I imagined something similiar about the hotel and you told it so gracefully. Wonderful job!
Dirtberry chapter 1 . 3/22/2007
Oh wow. I'm not your biggest Squinoa fans around, honest. But this...this was really something. It's different, for it deviates from the cheesy romantic Squinoa likes. But I'm not complaining though, because it's what makes this fic stands out on its own. And considering how I have the attention span as short like that of a gnat, it says alot about how your fic really made me picture Squall and Rinoa right in this hotel during the time and context of the gameplay. Sure brings back alot of memories from the good old days traveling along Tomb of the Unknown King and getting a little lost in Deling City. And yes, your fic reminded me about the funny little fued between Irvine and Zell during that period of time. It always amused me nonetheless.

It's a very thoughtful fic..one that made me really look at another side of Rinoa and Squall that's not often revealed. I could almost imagine this entire scenario taking place in the middle of the gameplay..it fits appropriately somehow.

going onto my favorites. It's beautiful, and very very nicely written. And I liked how you ended it off with Squall's headache being gone, too. (:
Dandy in the Aspic chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
Really cute I love this, like all you fics!
IfuritaD chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
This is a really great snapshot of the game. It's rare to see such deep characterization packed into such a short piece. I really think you did a great job of portraying the interactions of the characters as they must have been at that point in the game. I especially liked the way you showed Squall worrying about the practical stuff; it's not something that's often tackled, but I think it makes sense. He does take his SeeD responsibilities very seriously.
Aliora chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
Lovely writing! You captured a beautiful moment between Rinoa and Squall, and I think you got that early hesitancy on both sides down pat in this as well. I like the difference between Squall's thoughts and actions, and the way you wove in gametalk (potions, behemel) was nicely done too.

Great job on this, and I'll be checking out your other works for more awesome writing. Well done. :D
Baconfat chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
E I am rapidly losing coherence, but I am enjoying all your stuff /so much/. In-character Squall and Rinoa and getting to know each other and Squall's analytical way of thinking about everything and dealing with everyone and his bluntness and her trying and. Just. Perfect.
Exhile87 chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
Oh, that was nice. D I haven't played FF8 in such a long time; it's nice to be reminded of possible events that might have happened in between!
Eden's Epitaph chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
That was actually really sweet. To tell you the truth, I've always thought short stories were meaningless when it came to fanfiction (unless it has a very high rating) but you just prooved me wrong.

An interesting point of view, I enjoyed it quite a lot. Did you write any other oneshots like that? Your characterisation was very good, actually quite impressive. You have great tallent with words as well, the story is well paced, not too long, not too short.

Thank you for writing it. -
SkItZoFrEaK chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
I've been sifting through the FF8 stories a lot lately, and I have to say this is one of the few very good stories out there (but sh, don't spread that around!). Perfect characterization, and the last line was great. Definitely favorite!
Silver Chemist chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
Hi,

I really loved your story. You really capture the thoughts of the characters, their feelings, their actions , Rinoa clutching er ring while walking, really convince the reader that such conversation could happen.

Great work.

Keep on writing.

Hope always _
faeriesinger chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
Aw. Tht was good. I liked the direction you took it. It seemed like it could concevably happen like that. Good job.
The Wonderful Nobody chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
I really loved your story. I think you write fantastically! I've been trying for days to find a new story that was well-written and I think I finally found it! Great job on the story.

(Read my fanfic, Bathwater, please!)