Reviews for The Only Truth
V.Evergreen chapter 2 . 3/31/2013
That was wonderful and I especially like the last line.
VickyFromGreece chapter 2 . 2/4/2011
Great ending line! And of course there was one thing he needed to reassure her for! LOL Beautiful story, romantically written.
VickyFromGreece chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Fantastic chapter - I could totally understand each other's discomfort and unease.
Lula1 chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Sarek is a sweet sugar-pie. At least he's concerned about Amanda's emotional state concerning Pon Far. It is nice of him to explain all the facts to her instead of letting her tumble headfirst into a situation that she may have not wanted to be involved in. Love conquers all, including Pon Far.

I know I'd still have him. ;)
startraveller776 chapter 2 . 7/25/2008
Oh I like it. I like it a lot! Good job!
mzsnaz chapter 2 . 8/31/2005
Aww, what a nice ending - or beginning I should say. :) So, tell us... where, exactly, is that trigger point? LOL! Really wonderfully handled, Mary, considering the sensitive nature of the story.
JDPhoenix chapter 2 . 8/23/2005
That was so sweet! Great job! I absolutely loved it!
KarraCaz chapter 2 . 8/18/2005
Sigh! I think Sarek might be a true romantic given half a chance. But like one of your other reviewers asked...where is this trigger point? Enquiring minds need to know!
joanieponytail chapter 2 . 8/17/2005
Perfect ending. Even when you know they will work it out it is good to see it in writing.

". . . It their hearts and souls neither was ever to sleep alone again." Wonderful way to express this.

Now, is that trigger point unique to Sarek, or is it a common point of interest? You know, in case I ever meet a Vulcan.
Loptr chapter 2 . 8/17/2005
That was a really beautiful fic. I suppose that'd be the one question that would spring to mind if faced with what Amanda was faced with and it was very tastefully handeled. You're one of the writers on here that really raises the bar for other writers and this fic was well above that bar. I hope to see more from you soon.
mzsnaz chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
I liked your idea of pon farr not being violent as much as it is a loss of control. It wouldn't be logical to harm one's mate at such a time, especially if there is supposed to be a close bond between the couple. I hope to read more about how they work through this. :)
sandsofvulcan chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
Some good ideas about the nature of pon farr; like that the violence is direct against any interference but not the mate. Also the idea that bonding would become more difficult as a Vulcan got older, their own desires interfering. I like that Sarek, like Spock in AT, finds it very difficult to broach the subject. I could picture that same reluctance.
KarraCaz chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
As always, your writing goes to the heart of the matter...it deals with love, but in this case not only between a man and a woman but a Vulcan man and a Human woman. Fraught with misunderstanding and unknown difficulties that no-one else has faced. Amanda, of course is still very young, but in his own time frame so is Sarek I'd say. We know they don't turn from each other but it is the journey that is interesting and not the final destination.
joanieponytail chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
First, this is, as is everything I have read by you, well written.

Second, I like your take on what this conversation would have been like and of how each would have reacted to its necessity and the possible ramifications.

As weird as it probably seems to almost everyone when they first find out how sex works for their species, in their culture (and believe me, I was sure people were making stuff up), it nevertheless fits and you begin to see that it is not so far-fetched and you eventually accept that not only would it be possible for you to be involved in some of these activities, but even desirable.

But this has to be something of a shock to both of them. Most people surely expect someone they are considering marrying to have at least a basic knowledge of the birds and the bees, if not actual practical experience. Sarek cannot have imagined that he would ever have to explain this to a potential mate until he began to see Amanda in that light.

And Amanda has to be wondering about more than the mechanics of this but about the implications of holding his life in her hands. What if she could not be what he needed her to be? Ever, or maybe at one particular time.

Could she risk him? Could she not?

The trouble with being the pioneers is you have to figure it out for yourselves and hope you both survive the process.

I do hope there is going to be more. Thank you.