Reviews for Doll
Someone chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
It seems to me that Lili is as sane as a damane can manage. She isn't broken yet and probably won't break for a long time. If she were to be freed she would adapt fairly quickly. So one can find a hopeful silverline in this nice sad fic.
Bob G. Leeman chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
being a damane sucks even more than being ME! you have a singular skill for writing poetic prose without losing sight of the fact that you are telling a story. I have just read half the tales on this site & am feeling a bit dazed... yours are the best I have seen so far. write more! please. Elaida, maybe?
zebrasdancing chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
interesting
Amyrlin Egwene chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
I think little Lili is slightly insane. But who wouldn't be? For someone who isn't native to Seanchan, this is probably the only way to survive.
Lyssa chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
apt.
Lady Whimsy chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Your story is enteresting. I've often wondered if damane think to themselves in the first person. I guess it depends. Great job.
Mask1 chapter 1 . 1/9/2007
Two words only

Darkly Fitting.

Mask
Min Daae chapter 1 . 11/24/2006
The return review...

Yes, this is good! I am impressed. I don't really hate the Seanchan, just think they are a bit...misguided?

Aw heck, the sul'dam/damane thing is icky. Very nice, dear. *applause*
Sear chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
Oh my god, that is so good and so disturbing.

/C. Fale
SheWasFlying chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
Wow. That was... wow. Great job! Its going on my favs for sure. Poor damane women. I always want to cry when I read parts with damane in it. Stupid Seanchen! lol, anyway, it was great.

Ani -
blue demon160 chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
loved it! Gives great insight into a damanes thoughts and inner most feelings. Wonderful piece of work!
Eto svodit s uma chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
That was very weird. I don't get it.
free2thamax chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
Aw, that was so sad. I loved it, though. ;) It really showed the hopelessness and helplessness of a damane. That was so emotional without being sappy, sad without being overdone. Keep it up!
MuddyAstronaut chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
That was absolutely great! It was really well written with some great insight into how a mainland caught Damane might feel. I really enjoyed reading it. Hope to see more stories from you soon!
Ersatz chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
As usual I am greatly impressed.

I loved the prose in this - beautiful but incredibly sorrowful, a perfect echo to our poor protagonist.

The relationship between sul'dam and damane is brilliantly rendered here; it illstrates that brutality doesn't have to be dealt with fists. The narrator's quiet humiliation at being another's plaything is subtle and thought-provoking.

And the end? I loved the rag-doll and the incredibly sinister image of childhood innocence bound with choking twine.

I think this is your best piece yet, better even than 'Protect and Serve' (which I love).

Congrats on another job well done.