Reviews for The Observer
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
interesting how the clouds outside cover the house with with shadow as i have been reading your darker sad fics and they pass and the sun shines in the window as i read your lighter happier fics. the mimosa swaying in the wind, and the hummingbirds flutter.
Warg chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
Awesome...and unseen*relatively* character, This is the perfect take on the budding relationship between Megitsuni and Sano...*i hate the seisouhen* Hehe...Ayame and Suzumi, taking living it up, but the fact that they realize, very well put.
NonameJane chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
Very beautiful. Your skill in these little fics amaze me. I wish I had your talent!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
What a lovely way to capture Dr. Gensai. You make him seem quite wise here as he sagely observes everyone. My favorite line, so well said, "And the fiery amazon, she of the indomitable spirit and the fluttery heart: how long would she and the noble wounded one dance around each other?" I love the cadence of that line and the way that it folds around itself in the reader’s mind. The fiery amazon is certainly fitting for the fiery red-headed warrior. The indomitable spirit is perfectly balanced with the noble wounded one while the sound and imagery of the fluttery heart is echoed in the image of them dancing around each other. How elegant.

I must say I also loved that last line. The children see through the fears and pretenses of the adults around them but “…lived far too lightly to pay any heed.” It's a lovely thought, the very lightness that Kenshin never got and would die to protect.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
I like your take on Dr. Gensai. He's always there in the background, so why wouldn't he catch on to the nuances of the relationships forming around him? He's old, not stupid after all. I kind of like the idea of him sitting back and enjoying the show without comment. Knowing the crowd at the dojo, any comment he made would probably be true though unwelcome. The comparison between him and his granddaughters was very well done. Kids can be completely oblivious to undercurrents. Nice job!
WolfDaughter chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
Beautiful! That last line is really poetic. Am I right in assuming this is Doctor Gensai?
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
This was absolutely beautiful! How marvelously you craft simple words into breathtaking imagery! Kenshin as the "noble wounded one" is so appropriate! Not to mention Little Sparrow and Graceful Iris! You outdid yourself with this one! You truly have a wonderful skill with super short ficlets! Thanks!
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
Lovely work on this one! I don't think I've ever read anything from this particular point-of-view :) Very nice!
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
Oh! Absolutely beautiful! You never see good fics about Dr. Gensai. I loved the references to the "Little Sparrow" and "Graceful Iris." Oh, and the description of Kenshin as the "wounded one." Perfect word choice, highlighting both his scar and his emotional wounding.

Brilliant!