Reviews for Big Name Death Eater
JanuaryLestrange chapter 10 . 3/8
If a pointy- mouthed PG Wodehouse had written Harry Potter...An absolute delight from start to finish. Thank you!
See, this is (otherwise) comedy gold. It's just believable enough to be, well, believable, but farcical enough to be snicker-worthy. Bravo!
I've read this story half a dozen times by now and the "Albus and Severus treat Hermione like a puppet they can manipulate at will whether she wants it or not" troupe always strikes me wrong. What always makes it worse is that she lets them get away with treating her like shit. Where is her backbone? Does she enjoy being the victim? Yuck.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/13/2017
I loved this story, your witty writing style. Hilarious
Guest chapter 10 . 6/11/2017
Man, this need - NEEDS - to be continued! I want to see grovelling Albus grovelling, prickly Minerva prickling, sexy Severus sexing, hexy Hermione hexing, sly Smudger slying, lascivious Lucius lasciviousing, flouncy Narcissa flouncing, hrumphy Harry hrumphing, dimwitted Ron dimwitting, heroic Neville heroicing, and a very confused Avery returning to a completely new regime.
Guest chapter 10 . 4/29/2017
I love it. It's hilarious. One of the best fanfictions I've read. I don't know how I missed this when I started reading fanfiction.
Guest chapter 7 . 4/19/2017
AH! I read a fic where Longbottom actually killed the Dark Lord by blowing a cauldron in his face. :) ... Im not sure of the name of the fic tho...
Guest chapter 10 . 1/29/2017
Very amusing! Thank you for sharing!
Zigadenus chapter 10 . 12/3/2016
And so we're at the end of the story! It's fitting to end this journey with The Lads at their local, and there's so much comedy gold in Minerva's interactions with Lucius. I'm glad Smudger finally got to play darts again (to lovely effect, indeed).

This wonderfully absurd, scathingly funny little story has been one of my favourites for years. I look it up far too often, whenever I need cheering. I want to thank you for writing it, and for sharing it with all of us.
Zigadenus chapter 9 . 12/3/2016
It's entirely thanks to this story that I look askance at someone who plumps for secretarial duties. The battle scene is unending brilliance, action shot through with zingy little one-liners. Oh, and Neville! Adorably dorky, and his role in the battle is *just perfect*.
Zigadenus chapter 8 . 12/3/2016
Narcissa's 'impeccable manners' are all sorts of hilarity, and I enjoyed Hermione winding up the Uncle Bernard's portrait. You've included great little insights into the drivers behind Lucius' philandering; Narcissa is clearly a harridan. And yet, I can't help but like her just a little - she is, after all, properly dedicated to a Cause close to my own heart.

I give up, though - where is Severus' last line in this chapter from?
Zigadenus chapter 7 . 12/3/2016
The repartee with Lucius at the opening of this chapter is excellent - I'm sure they do keep daybooks of insults. And oh, but wouldn't I like to find out what happened with the boomslang, the Hufflepuff, and the wizarding photos! Your varied renditions of Lucius are always excellent, and you're by far and away the best at developing his character.

Hermione solving Lucius' problem as regards his Friday nights makes clear that she's soon going to be ruling the world, and the rest of the chapter does nothing but confirm this for me. Smudger and Snape are a riot, throughout the meeting with the boys.
Zigadenus chapter 6 . 12/3/2016
Hermione is exquisitely snarky here, and your satirical asides on bureaucracy are splendid - like Hermione, I have 'no reason to suppose they're erroneous'. The points-deducting spree is another one of these brilliantly comedic touches you have, and it lends itself to background in a following scene, where it's the setup for their mutual realizations of "Albus?" "Minerva." That they understand each others' motivations so thoroughly creates this intellectual space where the reader absolutely accepts that these two are equals and well-suited.
Zigadenus chapter 5 . 12/3/2016
Ah, poor Smudger. He did indeed volunteer himself. Oh, and I loved the expression 'conversational ladder', btw.

This chapter pushed hard in advancing the plot, and you held us through it with keen and charming (and, well, wonderfully diabolical) insights into Slytherin-style thinking. - to which, it's clear, Hermione is a convert. The last line is delicious.
Zigadenus chapter 4 . 12/3/2016
Sheverus the human octopus may just be my favourite rendering of drunken-Snape. I want to note, too, that your physical scenes in this tale are adroitly accomplished: you don't overwhelm us with details that would give us whiplash (plunging into teh pr0n when we're here for the laughs). Instead, you cleverly tease with killer lines like "Make that exceptionally good."

Minerva as a co-conspirator is wonderful, and her observation that "I notice you don't tell him off for swearing" is used with marvelous effect here, drawing our attention to Snape's preceding line (which is of course reiterated by her later, to excellent comic effect.)