Reviews for Big Name Death Eater
Man, this need - NEEDS - to be continued! I want to see grovelling Albus grovelling, prickly Minerva prickling, sexy Severus sexing, hexy Hermione hexing, sly Smudger slying, lascivious Lucius lasciviousing, flouncy Narcissa flouncing, hrumphy Harry hrumphing, dimwitted Ron dimwitting, heroic Neville heroicing, and a very confused Avery returning to a completely new regime.
I love it. It's hilarious. One of the best fanfictions I've read. I don't know how I missed this when I started reading fanfiction.
AH! I read a fic where Longbottom actually killed the Dark Lord by blowing a cauldron in his face. :) ... Im not sure of the name of the fic tho...
Very amusing! Thank you for sharing!
Zigadenus chapter 10 . 12/3/2016
And so we're at the end of the story! It's fitting to end this journey with The Lads at their local, and there's so much comedy gold in Minerva's interactions with Lucius. I'm glad Smudger finally got to play darts again (to lovely effect, indeed).

This wonderfully absurd, scathingly funny little story has been one of my favourites for years. I look it up far too often, whenever I need cheering. I want to thank you for writing it, and for sharing it with all of us.
Zigadenus chapter 9 . 12/3/2016
It's entirely thanks to this story that I look askance at someone who plumps for secretarial duties. The battle scene is unending brilliance, action shot through with zingy little one-liners. Oh, and Neville! Adorably dorky, and his role in the battle is *just perfect*.
Zigadenus chapter 8 . 12/3/2016
Narcissa's 'impeccable manners' are all sorts of hilarity, and I enjoyed Hermione winding up the Uncle Bernard's portrait. You've included great little insights into the drivers behind Lucius' philandering; Narcissa is clearly a harridan. And yet, I can't help but like her just a little - she is, after all, properly dedicated to a Cause close to my own heart.

I give up, though - where is Severus' last line in this chapter from?
Zigadenus chapter 7 . 12/3/2016
The repartee with Lucius at the opening of this chapter is excellent - I'm sure they do keep daybooks of insults. And oh, but wouldn't I like to find out what happened with the boomslang, the Hufflepuff, and the wizarding photos! Your varied renditions of Lucius are always excellent, and you're by far and away the best at developing his character.

Hermione solving Lucius' problem as regards his Friday nights makes clear that she's soon going to be ruling the world, and the rest of the chapter does nothing but confirm this for me. Smudger and Snape are a riot, throughout the meeting with the boys.
Zigadenus chapter 6 . 12/3/2016
Hermione is exquisitely snarky here, and your satirical asides on bureaucracy are splendid - like Hermione, I have 'no reason to suppose they're erroneous'. The points-deducting spree is another one of these brilliantly comedic touches you have, and it lends itself to background in a following scene, where it's the setup for their mutual realizations of "Albus?" "Minerva." That they understand each others' motivations so thoroughly creates this intellectual space where the reader absolutely accepts that these two are equals and well-suited.
Zigadenus chapter 5 . 12/3/2016
Ah, poor Smudger. He did indeed volunteer himself. Oh, and I loved the expression 'conversational ladder', btw.

This chapter pushed hard in advancing the plot, and you held us through it with keen and charming (and, well, wonderfully diabolical) insights into Slytherin-style thinking. - to which, it's clear, Hermione is a convert. The last line is delicious.
Zigadenus chapter 4 . 12/3/2016
Sheverus the human octopus may just be my favourite rendering of drunken-Snape. I want to note, too, that your physical scenes in this tale are adroitly accomplished: you don't overwhelm us with details that would give us whiplash (plunging into teh pr0n when we're here for the laughs). Instead, you cleverly tease with killer lines like "Make that exceptionally good."

Minerva as a co-conspirator is wonderful, and her observation that "I notice you don't tell him off for swearing" is used with marvelous effect here, drawing our attention to Snape's preceding line (which is of course reiterated by her later, to excellent comic effect.)
Zigadenus chapter 3 . 12/3/2016
Severus was right to be worried - Hermione very definitely Was Up To Something when she showed up in his quarters. It's hilarious that the very first thing she gets asked at the pub is about the offside rule - you've got a fantastic touch for situational comedy. Smudger is adorable, in a grimy, possibly-backstabbing, pathetically awkward kind of way.
Zigadenus chapter 2 . 12/3/2016
The Lads are easily the best original characters I've come across in fanfic, even if (or perhaps because) their average age seems to be closing on 14; the 'News of the World' riff is excellent. The line that cracks me up every time I read this is 'Severus looked at the rubber duck and the rubber duck looked at Severus'. Priceless! It's a joy to watch Severus manipulating Dumbledore, and Hermione copping to the situation.
Zigadenus chapter 1 . 12/3/2016
I wanted to leave you a little love this evening, and realized that I'd never properly reviewed this story here. There's so much I adore in your writing, that it's hard to find words. Here, I particularly like the deft way you detail Hermione's descent from a moral high horse; her teaching-induced pragmatism is delightful. Severus' whinge about the shallow floor who was never really his friend makes me chortle every time. It's these quick little touches of yours that bring these characters utterly to life, that make them (and this story!) spectacular reading.
tinapo85 chapter 10 . 7/5/2016
This story is hilarious and absurd. I applaud you for a job well done.