Reviews for Song of Mine
CeceliaJade chapter 9 . 7/22/2012
Love it!
Pleaseee continue The Story!
lady-kraze chapter 9 . 4/28/2012
i love this story! when is the next chapter coming up? :D
pandapjays chapter 9 . 11/2/2010
Stupid fanfic won't let me review twice. I'll show them!

I've been doing the round and rereading some of my favourite fanfic and I found this again. And just...

HOLY CRAPPETH! I FORGOT HOW GOOD THIS WAS!

Ahem. Sorry about that, every now and then I just need to let my inner fangirl go free.

But seriously, this story has stuck with me ever since I first started reading it... WAY too long ago... and it's pretty much always featured in my favourite stories of all time. There are heaps of reasons for this but, because I have a limited character count I'll try to summarise them, shall I?

THE SONGS

EVERY TIME I read them I can hear them in my head so incredibly clearly it's kind of spooky. Plus the lyrics are always just so perfect and so... I don't really have a word for it but I seriously would not be surprised if one day I turned on the radio and there's a song by Ineluctable Lies playing. The childhood memories song is STILL by far my favourite but every other song continues to send shivers up my spine. In good ways, obviously.

THE BAND

The band itself cracks me up to no end. Tala is adorable and lovely and huggable and random and... there are so many words I could use here but still ever mindful of that character count. His enthusiasm for everything he does simply leaps off the page (Screen, whatever) and can't help but make me smile. Also his whole conversation with Rei in the funhouse and the way he treats his fans just made me fall for him just that little bit harder.

Bryan is also amazing in every way. You've keep him as the scary/slightly homicidal maniac we all love and adore but have given him this streak of protectiveness that gives you the impression that he really wouldn't hesitate to go kill someone if they hurt his friends, a trait that is equal parts frightening and unbelievably sexy.

Tyson is simply a joy. You've got his relationship with Kai down so perfectly- the way they fight and bicker constantly but, at the end of the day, share a strong and easy friendship is just so brilliant and amazing. I especially love whenever they gang up on Tala and Bryan because lol, that's why.

I saved Max for last so I could have appropriate gushing time. Honestly? Max is probably my least favourite of the bladebreakers. I mean, even Kenny normally rates higher on my list (I assume it's Kenny who's the fanservicey photographer? That made me giggle to no end). Your Max, however, has got some of the best characterisation I've seen- especially given that he's only a relatively minor character in this story. Mr Black (who is definitely NOT pink) is just perfect as an expression of his eternally childish side. That said, whenever Max speaks seriously about anything you really get the impression that he’s definitely all growed up and has seen his share of crap in this world. This gives him a real sense of depth and realism and makes me not only love him but rate him as one of my favourite characters in this story

KAI AND REI

No, I didn’t forget them. I just wanted to get my initial fangirlling out of my system before I started talking about the power couple themselves.

Rei is deeply, deeply funny in all of this. He’s sweet and a bit of a ditz and hard working and everything that is good and amazing about his character. EVERYTHING he does, whether it be sneakily (oh so sneakily) hiding from his landlord to dancing around like an idiot with Driger to bitching about work is just –so- in character and so hilarious that you had me chuckling at every second line whenever he appeared.

Kai, equally, is hilarious in all ways. You’ve kept his smug arrogance and self assuredness and managed to mellow him out –just- enough that he really is a credible human being. Not to mention upped the sex appeal to at least warp 10. There was a line a few chapters back where he states very matter of factly that he deserves to be where he is. Not putting it down to luck or giving any credit to others for helping him along the way. Oh no, not our Kai. XD Not only did it make me giggle but it also made me nod with agreement. You’ve captured his entire attitude and outlook on life in that one statement. The way he takes his fame in stride and the independence he craves is so incredibly in character I could actually imagine Kai o’ beyblades universe pulling the same trips to escape scary Bey-mad fans mobbing him. And his love of performing, similar to Tala’s enthusiasm for life I gushed about up there somewhere, practically LEAPS off the page (Screen, whatever). Every time he smirks on stage I can’t help but do the same. It’s part of the reason I enjoy the songs so much, I can really picture Kai up there and doing his thing for the adoring masses simply because he loves it so much.

Now that I’ve dealt with them individually (In the spirit of keeping incoherent fangirlling at bay I’m attacking this in the most organised way possible. Very forward thinking. Very Zen.)

HOMFGZ!1!one!

Ahem.

Their entire relationship generally just leaves me as a gibbering mess on the floor, really. From their adorable awkwardness with each other when they first meet- with neither of them admitting they like each other despite their actions speaking for them- to the incredibly sexy and adorable chemistry they now share there is NOTHING that could make these two more perfect and amazing for each other.

I love Kai’s stalwart support of Rei’s career and the way he never even offers to help Rei cheat his way into the industry by using Kai’s connections. Instead he offers what any good boyfriend would offer: lots of kisses and a huge tub of ice-cream should things not go as planned. It makes me love him that much more. And Rei’s complete refusal to be dazzled by Kai’s and the band’s fame is both hilarious and deeply touching.

AND the sexysexy times. I mean holy crappeth on a stick! You can feel the sizzle and the chemistry between those two in every movement they make around each other and every time they lock eyes. I could feel Rei’s need to tell Kai he loves him with every breath like it was my own and it didn’t feel like a total corn-fest. And when those words come out without so much as a little wince at how corny it can sound you know you’ve done your job well.

Since you often stick so closely to Rei’s point of view you can really feel the raw sex appeal the oozes off Kai with everything he does. Not only does it make me fall in love with him just that little bit more but also adds more and more appeal to the story

Oh! While I’m rambling about Kai and Rei, I especially loved where Kai’s seriously considering breaking up with Rei. If only because he experiences the very real problem of being able to think rationally and logically without getting his emotions too involved until he’s actually in the room with Rei. I believe I actually squeed out loud- especially as he was trying to explain his feelings through the conduit of ‘Bryan’ and ‘Tala’s’ problem.

THE SIDE CANON CHARACTERS

I’ve already mentioned in my previous reviews how much I love and adore the Majestics as a band. Enri and Ollie are simply fantastic as a couple (them waking up in bed together was sweet in ways I can’t explain without cute noises) and Johnny’s irrational rivalry with Kai has me in stitches whenever they mention each other. Robert’s fear of hugs also made me chuckle when his band attacks him. Good times, Good times.

I can’t really comment that much on the inclusion of the VForce characters because I STILL haven’t gotten around to actually watching that season. It just seemed to take all the good bits of bey out and leave Kai with an earring and no Joe (Not that I minded the earring so much) But I digress, I love that you’ve kept the teams intact and brought them back as teams in a different sense. It really keeps the spirit of the original show while throwing it into a whole new setting of awesomeness and amazingness.

THE OCS

EVERY TIME you ad in an OC I can’t help but love them. They do the exact job that OCs should do in fanfiction: help to propel the story forward but remaining firmly as secondary characters in the scheme of things. Kenji’s fangirlling over Kai and making him sing to him over the phone was equal parts mortifying and hilarious beyond any description. The band’s managers are also amazing, if only because they can put up with the boys’ antics for any length of time. They really add a richness and ground the story in a world we’re not used to seeing them inhabiting.

Plus they’re all adorable and sweet and funny and all things amazing.

You wouldn’t believe it but I’ve ALMOST run out of things to say. I did make a good shot at that character limit...

Ah, what the hell. In for a penny, in for a pound, right?

I’ve noticed through stalking your profile (I’m not creepy, promise) that of late you’ve been going back and editing your fics. Does this mean you’re thinking about updating them? Or just tidying them up?

I mention this as a kind of segue into theorising about what (might have) happened in the future of this fic. In my stalking I’ve noticed you’re paying most of your attention to MHF but a girl can dream, right?

Anyways, I can’t imagine Aoki-sama turning Rei away despite his nerves. I mean, he excelled at the dancing and I doubt anyone can spend more than two minutes in a room with ReiRei without having the pants charmed right off them. And, despite his stage fright, Rei's songs are actually decent (I'm hoping that was Kai's professional opinion rather than his quickest-route-to-Rei's-pants opinion there) so I have high hopes.

And Johnny's band singing a duet with Ineluctable Lies? Heaven! I can't see it as being a very harmonious song but the pure tension on the stage would be simply memorising and there's a whole bunch of good things adversarial music has going for it

I've done it! Take that character count!

In conclusion to a ridiculously long review: Thank you for writing
Pixxy.Dust chapter 9 . 7/23/2010
Amazing fic so far, I really hope you continue it soon :)
Kitsune chapter 9 . 2/25/2010
Aw you haven't updated in awhile...Love the moments between Kai and Rei they are so cute! Ha I was laughing at the end about the duet can't wait to see how that goes. When will Tala confess to his crush come one. Love Max and Mr. Black. -shakes head- And Rei talking to Drigger was pure comedic.
xxasianicexx chapter 9 . 5/12/2009
PLZ UPDATE! love this story and even tho u havent updated for a while *cough* plz do! coz this story is yum
Phoe.nyxus chapter 9 . 12/28/2008
Oh wow, I really like this story... it's something different, but sadly, it hasn't been update in a while.

Please don't give up and good luck
xquisittexabie chapter 9 . 11/30/2007
Wow... this fic is awesome. I like the whole mustic motif. Ive read a few nd it seems like the stories with band motifz are always high ranking ones. I hope yu update soon. Or send a msg bout whether ur gona quit it or not D
Rio 2.0 chapter 9 . 6/19/2007
Heh... The irony of this all... is... I guess, now it's almost your 17th birthday ne?

Well, you should inform/remind every one.

...and what a better way to do that then to update!

... ANYWAYS... I just spent the last 2 days reading this... and I must... hug you.

... I NEED to hug you. This is... like... perfection. Although it's a little OOC, it's ...

... It's unbelievably beautiful. I love you're characterizations and your plot and I am SO excited for an update (puppy eyes) So please, PLEASE make me, and probably hundreds of others, unimaginably HAPPY.

Much Love,

Rio Hime
RussiansNekojinlover chapter 3 . 5/29/2007
Oh this is such a cute update soon or when you have the chance.
IanPhilippe chapter 9 . 4/27/2007
Yay... more, more, more :D please, write another chapter :D great story, I like all of them, even those OOC - for example Max is great mwahaha :D and I just cannot wait to see Bryan and Tala get together... (if they will soemtimes hehe)... great story :D it is too hot here to write o coherent review, so sorry for all this fangirly screaming :P yay for all the bands XD
Roxanne Morinaka chapter 9 . 11/18/2006
This is so so good please continue!
Shadowy Fluffball chapter 9 . 9/13/2006
CONTINUE!
XxfallenxfakexX chapter 9 . 8/25/2006
please please please right more oh great one im in need of ficage fun

sarah x
Vampirycent chapter 9 . 7/29/2006
I ALWAYS read what you put before the chapters. Always. I really do. If you said hi to me I'd know see because I read it.

This chapter was AWW and GOSH and BLOODYHELL all in one. I loved it. The dancing was HA and Mystel was just hilarious.

The phone call between Kai and Kenji was AWESOME. You cannot understand the extent to which I lobed that. (Did that make sense?) No? Okay. *Kissies you!*

I LOVED this chapter. Update soon, yah? Luff ya! Until next time, TC. Peace.

~Angel~