Reviews for Almost Famous
Rinse and Repeat chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
I finally found this yay!

Anyway, you're very talented and it definitely shines through in this fic. The voice you give Nedry is has got to be the best representation of the character I've read-even though I haven't read many. The tone seems a little dark too me [not sure if that's what you were going for], but it works with the way the character would be feeling. I didn't realize just how well you knew Nedry until now. Its very impressive. Honestly.

Also, you have a great understanding of Henry Wu as well. I could honestly see him interacting with Nedry this way if they ever met like this. How you get a feeling for the minor characters like you do I'll never know, but I'm thankful for it. Someone's gotta represent! And I couldn't help but feel bad for Henry when he said it wasn't fair that Nedry was famous and he was overlooked. Poor guy.

Even though this scenario wouldn't happen in canon there's still room for it here in fanfiction. It's always good to see what COULD have happened. I most definitely will be adding this to my favorite's list.

Athena
Steve81 chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
Just because Wu and Nedry died in the movie doesn't mean they have to stay dead.

That's the beauty of fiction.

Good story, you definitely have a writers mind. I'd love to see you develop an original story idea. Fan Fics are great, but if you ever want to be published you have to go original.

Good character development and setting as well.
incense-whiskers chapter 1 . 12/29/2005
Very good...very thought provoking.
Grayxheartedxhero chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
no offense but it really stank...if u read the book u kno dat dennis nedry and henrywu both die...henry get seating alive by raptors and dennis gets blinded torn open with his guts spalletrng evrywhere...

U
Goslin chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
Oh, you KNOW I love this, yeah!

Keep it up, I expect more from you now that I know you can write so well. :)

Goslin
tinks-belle85 chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
Okay, where do I begin? First of all, this is definitely going on my favs. I loved it Stephanie. Great idea for a one shot!

Thank you so much for the dedication! :)

At first, I was wondering where you were heading with this. What could Henry and Dennis have to discuss besides the obvious?

I thought it was very clever how you show Wu's confusion over Nedry's 'fame'. Nedry's not really famous; he's infamous. Who would blame Wu for being envious of the attention Nedry’s getting? There's no doubt that Wu would want to be known, and should be, for what he's accomplished, but of course Hammond wants him all to himself. Just another way Hammond looks cares more about himself and the park more than his employees. Loved the “you need to get over yourself” comment from Wu. He seems so reserved usually, and when he said that, it was like whoa. When Nedry was taken back by it, you see that he has feelings too.

I’m very happy Nedry’s being represented in a better view in this fic, and I knew he would be. He’s scared of being captured and going back to ‘the hole’ again. He’s regretful, because, as he said… or thought, he ruined his name. He doesn’t want Henry to follow the same path as he did, and he’s encouraging him. That’s different from the earlier Nedry even though he’s still as sarcastic as ever. And, he came back to Jurassic Park? After all that happened? Well, that’s probably the last place anyone would look for him. Is that the only reason he came back though? Great job on Nedry. How he changes towards the end from his sarcastic tones to actually talking to Wu like a mature adult was great.

There’s a few little points I liked too. The Gennaro toupee question had me laughing. Yep, Ray and ‘the little prick’ just love Nedry…lol. And the last line tied it all together.

Great job Stephanie. I really enjoyed reading this…twice actually! Will we be seeing more one shots from you in the future? I hope so. Well, anything else I want to say will have to wait until we chat. This is long enough…

TINKSY :)