Reviews for An Eclipsing Star
Ran chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
i have no words
this is so great!
IncandescentKitsune chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
I love Shishio - i think he's an incredible villain, and i always wanted to see what he and Kenshin would make of each other if they met during the Bakumatsu.

And you're right, we do know exactly who carries the burden now- - though i don't think he thinks of it as much of a burden ,and it lends a sense of fate to this piece.

Finally, can i just mention, i love how Kenshin thinks about Shishio's work - the two lines 'It had been a sloppy job—far too much telling detail had found its way into the write-up.' and 'Annoyed impatience: So much cleaner had it been my work.' almost made me laugh at the mental i age of Kenshin telling Shishio he's not that good a hitokiri.

Thank you for writing this!
NEXTLOVER chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Kenshin.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
Sojirou or Yahiko?
Jellybean06 chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
You have a knack of picking the more rare aspects in Ruroken to write about. This was a very interesting point of view, and I think you captured his mindset perfectly.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
his successor however may not have considered it a burden...

my mission: read all rk fics by author alphebetically... if an author has talent, if that author can paint emotions, worlds, and people with his/her words, not only do i read as many of their stories that i find interesting, but i also bookmark their profile page into a file labeled "MASTERS"... master artists... like: van gogh, monet, da vinci, rockwell, picasso, dali, matisse, o'keeffe, rubens, lautrec, etc... every one different, unique, amazing! you are now numbered among them.

sincerely,

ginny
Warg chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
Um, i'd like to point out that Shishio was, if anything even stealthier than Battousai...we know this b the fact that even Kenshin had never seen him and only knew him as "the replacemnt"...but overlooking that, this is terrific..the-hunter-is-always-hunted feel to the fic was great too.
StarShipDelta chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
I like this, a side of Kenshin you don't usually think of...but quite an interesting take on his perspective of what he had done, and of someone else 'taking his place'...
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
I'm not brave enough to attempt 100-word ficlets. It always impresses me how you can manage to write these eyebrow-raising stories with just one hundred words.

And again I enjoyed your choice of title.
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
Beautiful and excellent. I love the title as well as the perfect thought processes. So RIGHT...

Sirius
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
This one stunned me, the way you captured Kenshin's professionalism, the perfectionism, the cool intelligence and disdain of a master for an inexpertly done job. You can almost feel the recoil at his awareness of himself. You took this idea for a small moment and yet it says so much about the conflict within Kenshin.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Relief and curiosity seems a very normal reaction for Kenshin to have, along with a professional, assessing critique of the other hitokiri's performance. You captured his inevitable mixed emotions well.
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
Very interesting foray into the former hitokiri's mind... :) Great work; very insightful!
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
I never thought of Kenshin as having pride (?) in his work. Perhaps he made a point of killing as swiftly and cleanly as possible? Once again, I appreciate your insight into the important, unexplored moments.
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
Wow! That's all I can say. What an incredible depiction of Kenshin's mixed feelings about his career as a hitokiri. As always, I am in complete awe of your ability to paint such breathtaking images in so few words. Thanks!