Reviews for Exactly the Same, Completely Different
McInstry chapter 1 . 2/5
I love the Titans as grown ups. There's a sense of wisened maturity to your renditions of these characters that I really appreciate.
AllThatGlistens chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
That was magical. Intelligent, thoughtful, character-driven and well-paced. Sequel?
Lirael1 chapter 6 . 10/12/2013
A very unique take on the BB/Raven relationship. I really enjoyed the hinted attraction & slow build; it was refreshing. All in all, a great, well-rounded fic with equal parts characterization and plot. Great job!
KroovyRed chapter 6 . 7/2/2013
I liked how this fic didn't go with a fairy-tale approach for BB and Rae. I can totally relate to missing friends and feeling alone. In short, well done.
Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis chapter 6 . 5/1/2013
Beautiful.

This story deserves much, much more than what it's gotten. More reviews, more attention, praise, applause, love.

More sadness for it's end, more irrational anger for it's blunt cliffhanger, which, to me, was awesome.

It deserves much more, well, everything.

Thank you for the awesome story.
CutieSOS chapter 6 . 11/24/2012
this was a really good story.
Nemrut chapter 6 . 8/6/2011
Really liked it, although Star Fire and Robin felt a bit off. The ending took me by surprise though. Not how it ended but rather that it ended so soon. It felt like there should be one more chapter to really round things up.
Souffles In Space chapter 6 . 7/20/2011
First, I'm going to get the criticism out of the way (don't worry, I'm not just going to rattle off a list of what's wrong with the fic; this criticism is constructive!):

The story was mainly about moving on, and accepting that things change. I like how Raven made progress with that, but it didn't really feel like enough to justify 6 chapters. The other Titans moved on, but Raven still felt, to me, like she was stuck in one place.

The Mad Mod subplot felt somewhat unnecessary, more like filler to pad the fic out, and distracted from the main focus of the story. It would be better if it were more connected to the message of moving on.

Example from the show: in the episode "Stranded", the main focus was communication, and everything in the episode was linked to that. The monster disrupted satellite communications with sonic blasts; it was a faulty comms line that caused the Titans to split; it was trouble conveying what they wanted to say that caused the Titans trouble on each planet...you get the picture.

Finally, it would have been nicer to have more closure concerning Raven and Beast Boy. Not just because I'm a shipper (I admit 8D BBRae forever), but because despite the hints, it didn't quite feel that it was going somewhere. If trying to suggest that they're gonna hook up soon, make the suggestion heavier, maybe along the lines of Raven thinking: "Maybe I can make this work..." Just something a bit more.

*Phew*! Long review is long. XD Now onto the good bits:

Your characterisation is spot on. I love that you expanded upon the Raven-Cyborg friendship, which wasn't explored much in-show. Beast Boy isn't just the goofy comic relief that some fanfic writers portray him as (I'm not saying I haven't given him this treatment, either) - throughout, I get the sense that he's deeper and has that level of maturity. They are all true to the TV show.

It was a good idea to tell it from Raven' POV. The Titan who spends the most time alone is the one who fears loneliness the most.

I liked the humour. The "strip poker" bit during the battle in ch.6 made me laugh the most.

Your portrayal of the Titan's future is a mix of your own imaginings and the original comics. It also pretty realistic (or as realistic as a fic with a robot, alien, etc., can get) - the Titans can't just eat pizza and play video games in the tower forever.

Overall, a sweet and well-written story. I hope my constructive crit didn't seem to harsh. XD
Raidersrule76 chapter 6 . 7/9/2011
And I just now realized that this story is categorized as a tale of friendship between Raven and Mad Mod.

That's more than a little funny.
Raidersrule76 chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Every time I tell myself that fan fiction is a ridiculous hobby, ninety nine point nine nine ad infinitum percent of which is dishwatery nonsense, I read something like this and I reassess my opinion of the medium as a whole.

The conclusion that I invariably come to is that it's largely dishwatery nonsense. But there's still the occasional piece of captivating beauty that catches my eye.

Like this, for instance.
craziestanimefan chapter 6 . 6/19/2011
The Titans grow up and move away but still remain the best of friends. This was very well written, with spot on characterization and great development of characters and relationships. Consider it fave'd.
l.m chapter 5 . 8/20/2010
That made me laugh SO hard, you have no idea! I needed a good laugh! D
CJ chapter 6 . 6/9/2010
...This is a good story. I really like how you've developed Raven's not so secretive need for her friends. Not to mention dragging Cyborg to the forefront.

The end of the fic is rather poignant. Leaves me feeling both happy yet a little sad...For a variety of reasons. Very nice story.
too many stars to count chapter 6 . 3/20/2010
This story was really, really cute. I found it on a rec list and am very glad I followed the link.

I found Cy and Raven's friendship really cute. Mostly because most fics leave Cy in the back round when he's a really interesting character.

I wish we had seen Beast Boy and Raven's relationship progress a bit (yes, that you hand't ended it there what can I say?) but I like the picture you painted for us at the end.

Your description of how the Titans grow up (I will not use the phrase grow apart :P) was really touching. While I understand Sarah's concern and absolutely *love* that you gave Cyborg a love it interest I kind of wish she hadn't talked to Raven? I don't know I guess it just seemed a little odd. Then again I see where she was coming from.

This was a great story :) As I said above I'm really glad I found the rec list and came over to read.
mr.lunch chapter 6 . 2/28/2010
I thought it was very well written but the fact that Robin proposed to Starfire seemed unnecessary because we hardly see any interaction between the two as the story centers more around Raven and Beastboy. I thought that the ending was a realistic thing that would happen to the team, but I sort of wished the BB/Rae thing was stretched for one more chapter to see how they cope without the others.