Reviews for Harry Potter and the Twists of Fate
bkwrmgrl87 chapter 1 . 10/21
I have really enjoyed this story arch. The characters are interesting, similar to their Canon counterparts, but with slight differences because of the fact Harry's parents survive Voldemort for the the fourth time. I loved the development between Ginny and Harry. Very cute. I really like how you've characterized the Potters.

Now, for some constructive criticism. Overall I like the tone and pacing of the story, but there are some minor errors I noticed. In the Yule Ball chapter you mentioned that Oliver Wood took a date, when in fact he had graduated a year before if you're sticking to canon.

Concerning the build-up to the climax and Harry's rescue I could no help be frustrated and kept shouting at the characters to get a move-on and stop all of their blabbing! There was way too much discussion and the pacing suffered according. I did like how it ultimately was resolved, and once they finally got to Harry's side it was fine, but there was too much unnecessary dialogue. It was surprising how Ginny was ok with all of the talking when she could feel Harry's distress and attacks. Notwithstanding, I still liked how it all turned out, but just thought I would write down my observations.

Obviously this won't change anything, but I hope you feel the spirit it was meant to convey. Just a help and encouragement for a job well done. On to the sequel!
Kaylin chapter 32 . 9/24
If Lily/James's parents died, name the twins Lily's mother and James's father.
Kaylin chapter 22 . 9/24
I like the good Malfoy, but I wish Ron would like him too. I also want Ti to become a New Marauder.
Olivia chapter 12 . 8/5
I ️ the new marauders
oh poor James I wish Lily was still alive to send Dumbledore A howler in the fourth book or better yet they could've stopped harry from being a champion. I am loving the story so far you are a great writer and know the thing you said about Cedric I like him and I am sad that he died yes but I am not a huge fan girl like all the other Hogwarts girls or any other girls who are in love with Cedric . Have you read Harry and Ginny A love story? if you have you did a great thing and I mean really great with the sole Bond if you have not read it then you should it's great . You should make a story about all the times Ronald Weasley said bloody hell this story is amazing I love it great job
ginny
Alissa chapter 56 . 6/29
There is a bit to much of harry and ginny rather than harry and his parents i mean thats what the fanfictions about if harrys parents survived so i want to see more of them
AND I AM NOT JOKING ITS ABOUT HARRYS PARENTS AND THEIR HALF OF THE 1 CHAPTER
Christine-Danielle chapter 29 . 6/3
I think this one is good...Lol without dean breaking a glass or Ron looking as if he had been hit a bludger a thousand times.
Christine-Danielle chapter 21 . 6/3
What?! (jaw drop)
NightScre chapter 1 . 5/20
nothing changed... this is almost directly following canon
OhMeSoThorny chapter 46 . 4/19
So glad Cedric isn't in this. I couldn't stand him dying again.
THANK YOU! JUST WHAT I THOUGH!

RT AaronD1 chapter 3 . Feb 3, 2016
Sigh... What's the point of Harry having a sister, or of Harry's parents surviving to raise Harry if it doesn't actually change the story? Chapter 3 and this is just copying the original story-line.

If I was going to write a story like this, I'd start by actually writing out the changes I've made. For example, show what Harry's NEW childhood is like. Write about how it changes Harry and what chose changes mean for him going into his first year. If Harry grew up with parents who had fought Voldemort and knew of the prophecy made about Harry you can bet that they would start teaching him things other kids would not learn. Especially with his dad being the head of the aror department.

I've seen far too many stories that say "Wat if this huge change was made to Harry's childhood" and then they skip forward 10 years! Why? What's the point in making that change if the result isn't shown?!.

You could have shown Harry's childhood through Lily and Jame's POV. You could have shown how being raised in te wizarding world and surrounded by the media affected him. You could have shown him first learning how to fly. You could have shown what it was like for Harry to grow up with loving parents and in the potter manor. Skipping ahead 10 years like every other story tends to do is just missing a whole bunch of opportunities.

These changes made in Harry's childhood are what make the "What If" interesting. And setting aside the time-jump to Harry's first year, why has the first year gone the exact same effing way that it did in the original story?

Sorry for the rant - I usually try to leave constructive feedback and I know that this was anything but.
i was starting to like this story until the soul bond storyline -.- i am so tired of reaading about that stupid thing...way to ruin it...
what a horrible name Daisy it was better to name her Amelia Potter.
dragonfox123 chapter 1 . 2/5
Awesome chapter and plot and amazing idea