Reviews for Mary Sue: Lather, Rinse, Repeat
meganechan720 chapter 7 . 11/19/2010
I really liked the last chapter, both parts. Mike being serious and responsible (while still being Mike) and the part about being your own hero.
eeveemew chapter 7 . 11/7/2007
These are neat stories! I found the sixth Mary Sue failure particularly funny. :) And the parts with the guys were a good touch-I especially like the last one!
T420000 chapter 7 . 7/12/2007
cute XD
AnExiledFrank chapter 7 . 4/2/2007
You would not believe how long it took me to find this story again.

I'm all for making fun of mary-sues especially in a fandom that is practically overrun by them (the fandom that has come out worse is Harry Potter). But what's better is that it shows how the the "realistic" plotlines really ought to turn out. I particularly liked attempt two, three, four, and seven on that regard (not that I didn't like the others as well, as they brought up some very important points, particulary the one about the dragon, hehehehe). However, it's not just about the Mary-Sues, as much as one takes delight in seeing their failure again and again, but a parody about mary-sues can do the same thing as the serious stories, take the attention away from the canon characters, the ones that the audience fell in love with. The fact is that the story is carefully balanced out with real scenes from the turtle's lives, ones that can be vulgar, bitter-sweet, and just plain cute, everything about real life that Mary-Sues just don't seem to understand.

Thank you for sharing these stories. It was a pure delight to re-read them.
Natsuko1978 chapter 7 . 7/28/2006
Have I ever said how much I ADORE this series? A triumph for common sense. And humour. Oh YES the humour!

Love it, love it, love it!

*Oliver Twist impression* Please sir, can I have some more?
Aaron Smiley chapter 7 . 1/9/2006
Haha! Mikey's hilarious with that liver line and I espaecially enjoyed reading "Leonardo suffered himself to be prodded until well after midnight."

Laughed so hard!

Die MARY SUE!

So glad you're back to wreak more havoc in the sappy lifves of Mary Sue!

;-D
Tripleguess chapter 7 . 1/7/2006
lol... ya know, I'd be a little nervous about some neophyte poking around pressure points, but I guess Leo knows what Mikey is and isn't capable of. It makes sense, too. Mikey's not completely thoughtless. Good job!
Dierdre chapter 7 . 12/23/2005
Do... do my eyes decieve me? You updated? ...Yes, yes at last you did! You UPDATED! *Is nearly incoherent with joy*

The Mary Sue scene was wonderful, as always. I particularly loved the fifth sentence, with the repeated use of the word 'beaten.' lol It was well written and hilarious as hot pants.

Not surprisingly, the scene in the lair made me squeal fangirlishly and say 'Aw!' a lot. I love it when Mikey is depicted as something other than a total space-case, and you write him perfectly. His brotherly interaction with Leo was just sweet as hell. _

I'm looking forward to the chapter when Mary Sue actually makes contact with one of the guys. The result promises to be a... memorable one. _

More soon, please!
Sewer Slider chapter 7 . 12/22/2005
*grins* Mary-Sue torture, we all love it!

And the li'l glimpses into the guys lives are great too. Keep up the good work!
Wyntir Rose chapter 7 . 12/22/2005
If I wasn't at work I'd be rolling on the floor laughing! Will you be updating? Will Mary-Sue survive long enough to meet the guys? Please update! I haven't almost laughed so hard in a long time (remember, I'm at work and would get funny looks if I gave in).
Cynlee chapter 7 . 12/22/2005
Yeah! Mary Sue is back! Poor Mary Sue! And smart Mikey!
Reluctant Dragon chapter 7 . 12/22/2005
YAY!

FINALLY, you updated!

Well worth it, cause that scene with Mikey and Leo was so cute!

And I nearly died laughing with that Mary Sue scene... lol!

awesome chapter, as always!

RD
Trillian4210 chapter 7 . 12/21/2005
Fantastic, as always. The intro had me laughing: "No, the poor thing was an orphan. She was shuttled from foster home to foster home: beaten, misused, misunderstood, punished, beaten, beaten, given a basic education so that she would not complicate the plot by not being able to read, beaten, and beaten again." Ahh, feel the angst.

The rest 'back in the lair' was intelligent and very sweet. Love to see Mikey get some props. My only complaint on this piece was the length it took to update. (I pester, because I care.) ;)
Reinbeauchaser chapter 7 . 12/21/2005
Yes, girlie, you certainly have been gone a long time. But, I totally relate. It's been a while since I last did anything on my missives and it is true, sometimes. Taking a break will ensure better updates - at least that's always my hope, anyway.

Seems it works well for you, though.

Ah, poor MS.,.I really had to feel sorry for her in this one. *chuckles maniacally*

And Mikey trying to educate himself about touch healing, or whatever it's called. Very interesting, but I love how Leo sneaked up on him. LOL And then, the gradual understanding to what Mike was trying to do and then allowing himself to be a guinea pig was priceless.

Such a good big brother!

Anyway, nice job, as always. I hope your good, long break supplied you with at least one more chapter, yet I have to ask - exactly how long is this going to be, or are there so many variations on MS that you could rightly end up with the longest running fic in Fan Fiction history?

Either way, I'll look forward to each update.

Great job!

Be blessed and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.
governmentcontractor chapter 6 . 12/21/2005
Reading this while sick in bed - Mike's cold definitely made me laugh. Favorite moment: the dragon-sensei and his be-winged comrade. I laughed my way into a coughing fit. I'll be sure to send you a medical bill.