Reviews for The Geek’s Guide to Goon Warfare
LuoLiBei chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
You're expanding my literary horizons, now I feel the need to go read this O. Henry book. :) It's driving me crazy, all the references to other stories I haven't read! I guess I should've read all your individual works before going for the combined stuff... Very well written, sometimes I'm struck by the oddness of the two of them in a long term relationship (what started it? The stories just already have them together, even the amnesia one didn't explain how they ended up together in the first place...), but that's me more than you're writing. You two do an amazing job, a really wonderful series you've got going here. Keep on writing!
KitsuneHi13 chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
Of course Rodney would give the kidnappers hell! lol

I love the title of these fics. I love how Sheppard protects his geeks, and McKay his goons. /
b7-kerravon chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
Red Chief! LOL!
babsji chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
leave it to rodney to loose and find his gun at inapprpriate times. or is it his weapon. doesn't bootcamp have some saying about this is my weapon, and this is my gun?
Florence1 chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
Absolutely loved McKay in 'if-John-is-gone-I've-got-no-reason-to-go-on-but-I'm-going-to -take-the-bastards-who-did-this-to-him-with-me' mode. It was a perfectly done scenario, every reaction believable, including John's reaction when he arrived to stop it. In fact as usual I loved everything about this story. You guys are fabulous and if you write more of these stories then I shall love you forever (although it is feasible that having a promise of undying love from a 39 year old teacher from England may put you off- if so please ignore my comment and just keep writing.) Thanks- Judith
rainyday101 chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
i always look forward to reading the little blurb before the story, you guys have a real knack for humor and an amazing writing style. i'm shocked that you are writing fanfiction instead of writing your own works and getting them published, i for one would read anything that you wrote. anyways keep up the great work, hope to get a new story soon
krysalys chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
*falls off of chair*

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHA!

*disolves into paroxysms of laughter*

-}-

Krys, who absolutely loved this story
Carrie H Potter chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
sigh. life is good. of course, any life would be good if you continued with these awesome stories. i'm running out of things to say about them because they leave me so speechless. though, i can say this: more?
Dr. Dredd chapter 1 . 8/22/2005
One of my earliest literary-related memories has to do with embarrassing myself by giggling out loud at "Ransom of Red Chief." (I believe it was the line about the smashed potato.) Now, a quarter of a century later, I get to embarrass myself again by laughing out loud at an Atlantis story based on "Ransom of Red Chief". This time it was in a Starbucks, not elementary school, but otherwise the sense of deja vu is pretty wild. :-)

I think what impressed me the most about this story was your attention to detail. Things like Robbins' mother's cookies (which you alluded to in Goon's Guide to Mental Health), his dumb dog, and the recurring Chippendales motif. Also, your description of Rodney's anguish was so realistic as to be hair-raising.

And, of course, how can I forget the sheep jokes? The french fries/shearing the flock was what made me laugh out loud in Starbucks. I love the relationship you have going between those three!

Until your next outing...
Greywolf Lupous chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
"his fellow Chippendale warriors would be disappointed" *snortsnerk* That one had me rolling, I will admit. I don't know how you guys keep coming up with the ideas, but whatever it is keep it up ;) These Guides are a great fun, hillarious, and angsty rides as one can get.
mouse8 chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
I'm running out of superlatives but please don't let that stop you! Preferably I'd have at least one of these to read every day. They are such a pleasure to read in every way. Just love it. If I went into specifics of what I love, I'd be here all day typing and I don't if they allow reviews that long!
Eliabrith chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
I love these stories and I adore the relationship you've built between John and Rodney.

Hope you both continue to write many more :)
Orka chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
Wow...I'm speechless. I mean...wow, that was just...wow.

Note to self: Find another way to say wow. I'm going to need it if you keep writing like this.

Just an idea- maybe the next fic you write should be from Radek's point of veiw. I know river did some 'outside-looking-in' fics a long time ago...
drufan chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
EEK! Grabbed a pudding cup and sat down to do some reading. Loved it as usually you two. You are right All the Good Stories do start that way!
Kodiak Bear Country chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for you guys to do another story, and I read this all last night. It was so wonderful, the same brilliant mix of humor, angst, whump - they have it all, and you both deliver every time. Loved it, have it printed out to keep reading over and over again, and now my only regret is I have to wait for the next one!