Reviews for Laconic
Ordile chapter 5 . 2/16/2011
Wow so well written. Most of the drabbles I find here aren't. I thought the ChisameXChachamaru one was the most IC.
Ethereal Forest chapter 5 . 11/17/2009
I was sceptical when I saw the length/Chapters but the one-shots were well written and on occasion gave some very interesting twists (AsunaxAyaka was a very interesting snapshot). It did feel like these were more like the first drops/ideas of a story than a story itself but for giving me a few more creative ideas arigatou! :)
UnluckyAmulet chapter 5 . 5/29/2008
At first I was a bit unsure, but as I've read each of the drabbles they all just seem to FIT. (Although I am a sucker for NegiXNodoka.)

Actually, my favourite chapter must be the Chisame/Chachamaru, because it was so in-character. I do hope you write more! (And, maybe, take requests?)

Amulet
LeMisanthrope chapter 5 . 5/9/2007
cute. I love all the drables, but i'm too lazy to comment for all of them, so yeah, i love them. They're short, sweet, and to the point.
writer-jm chapter 2 . 9/13/2006
I really just had to drop a line to the author who's helped out 3 shoujo-ai couples in Negima! I came for the Ayaka/Asuna, but stayed for the Eva/Satsuki!

I'm so happy you brought out that couple, which had a major comment in the manga. It blew my mind when I first read it!

I also enjoyed the Chisame/Chachimaru moment too. I usually don't enjoy short one's like this too much, but you used an economy of words to express it. (I'm just a blabbermouth!)

Thanks for the fun!

Sincerely,

writer-jm
fan-rei chapter 2 . 5/2/2006
i think asuna/ayeka is an almost canon couple if there wasn't negi.

i must say i was baffled by your idea about evangeline/satsuki and Chisame/Chachamaru but you make it seems plausible in your drabbles. i wouldn't be against these parts being developped in stories.

i'll give you the cheering team of the A3 class if it is of any help. (and virtual cookies)
Suzukata chapter 4 . 4/1/2006
You have just made all my dreams come true with this one chapter.

*worships*

HUZZAH Negi/Kotarou!
Rainyday chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
Nice shots...i like a lot the last one...[Chachamaru's my favorite character after Zazie...]

I thik that you could add the reaction of Chisame at the Gynoid's Word...
plink chapter 5 . 9/7/2005
Wow, this is incredibly pretty. I like the way you have set everything up without it being too overbearing - short and sweet...and surprisingly in character!

Much love X3
Katchoo chapter 5 . 9/6/2005
I liked it a lot. Hope to see other soon. Maybe a little longer ...
Andyzero chapter 5 . 8/20/2005
I like these a lot. Hope to see more!
Sunder the Gold chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
Economical and excellent writing style - kinda follows Ayaka's train of thought in that second sentence, which is a good touch.

Good pattern, with the bruising across ages.

Liked the mention about the secrets Asuna's keeping from her friend. I just now made the connection between those secrets and the secret bruises, though. Was there supposed to be a relation?

I like Ayaka as a character, because she has to be the only Shoutakun-girl (or at least that I know of) whose fixate on cute little boys has an explanation and cause. When Akamatsu made it into a pathological thing, she gained my sympathy. You explore the interesting and feasible possibility that the hole in her heart has spread more than one crack through her. Never would've guessed she was masochistic, too.

You include enough clues (grip, below collar, above skirt) that one can infer their relationship is sexual, but you're subtle and -again- economic about it. One can choose to see it or not.

Not sure about the transitions through the three last sentences. The immediate interpretation of "She likes it that way" is that she likes that the bruises are secret. An additional or alternative interpretation is that she likes where the bruises are, and, by extension, how she got them.

But the last sentence seems like it was supposed to lead off of "She likes it that way...", and suggests that the second-to-last sentence is not following the thought of the third-to-last sentence, but the very first. The interpretation then becomes that Ayaka merely likes that Asuna always leaves bruises.

If the second-to-last sentence is supposed to carry all of those meanings, it takes more than one reading to get them, and the sentence seems caught in a tug-of-war.