Reviews for Status Quo
Littlekilljoy785 chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
I like Dib as reluctant hero-like in A Room With A Moose-in that and in this story he's so tempted to let the others get what they deserve but never does. Poor Dib. Nicely written :)
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
That was a cute one. We got to see the James Bond side of Dib. And Sara made for an interesting character here. I wonder what would have happened if she hadn't gotten the phone call and had some actual time to think more...
metasgirl chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
wow. Really good. an awesome in-depth look at one of the more minor characters. a nice exploration of her personality. and if you were worring, not ooc at all...
Nobody's Home chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Interesting... Obviously Sara chose bliss over power.

It kind of makes me wonder, what would I have done? I think I would have liked Dib anyway, plus I'd never be swayed by popularity, but it's interseting to get into the mind of someone not like me.

Wonderful, wonderful job, once again.
Wolfgirl13 chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Hmm... I like how you've described Dib, outside-looking-in sort of thing. Great job. And so true...

Actually, between you and me, I think it would have been funny if he had just left her trapped in there, but still monitored what was going on, and at the last moment when she really would have gotten hurt, override the computer to let her escape.
SpeakingThroughWrittenWords chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
What an interesting story. So much like real life. Sara finally realized somewhat of what Dib was like, but she (just like real life) went with her friends when they came up. Depressing, but completely what would happen in that situation.
Extraintrovert chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
Such a pointless little fic (little as in story content, not word volume) with a mixture of humour, suspense, irony and even some good old-fashioned depression to give me an interestin half-hour before I embrace unconsciousness. The thoughts and reactions of this minor 'character', whom which I understand completely your desire to write about, were involving and believable with just a hint of understanding for the little bitch. Throwing Dib into the mix gave this fic an injection of excitement and added that much-needed epiphany for the two, and the computer's actions just sold it for me.

In other news: If you find it necessary, I would like to know what excatly was going on up there to cause such a ruckus
chickens chapter 1 . 12/5/2005
Wow. that's a depressing ending.

Well, anyway. I liked the whole minutes to hours to years to decades thing. Very clever. You're an auther I'll have to keep my eye on. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some cheetos to eat
Delphinbella chapter 1 . 8/24/2005
Loved it :D

Other than that (and the fact that I am feeling very green right now) I don't know what to say about it :P So we shall leave it at "loved it" ;)
Hoppo chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
Wow, this is a really nice story...well, it the way it was written, at least. Sara still being mean to Dib isn't as nice.

Not only that, but, if people use canon extras, they always use Zita. This one is original and interesting.

Great job and hope to see more fanfiction from you in the future!
thejennamonster chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
I loved it. Awesome awesome awesome. I like that you chose a minor character that most people prolly don't even know the name to (I know I didn't) instead of one that is more known.

I couldn't help but feel both happy and sorry for Dib when he finalyl stood up for himself for just that instant. Happy because he grew some balls there for a minute, but sorry for him because he shouldn't have to be at the point where those moral choices bother him.

The only problem that I could find was when Rob says middle school full out. In normal conversation, I'm pretty sure most people would just say "school" because the others would know the implied level. I know that you were prolly using it to show the ages they were at, but it just seemed awkward.

Other than that, this was a wonderful story. Yay!
Dibsthe1 chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
I read this fic over a couple of times, trying to figure out how to tell you what I thought of it while still saying it's extremely well written...

... too well written, if anything. By the end, it's downright uncomfortable to read, frustrating and depressing in the extreme, which was undoubtedly your aim. Nowhere else in popular art but in the bitterly pessimistic Invader Zim universe (and maybe a few other works that, frankly, by this time I hope never to stumble across) would such bitterly nihilistic injustice be acceptable.

For Sara to insult, snap at, and browbeat the only person who is in a position to help her is the polar opposite of cool; it's vulgar, gauche, loutish, and just plain stupid. "Strong" is a far from admirable trait when said character is such an elitist, treacherous backstabbing ingrate. (So it's not only Gaz; I hate anybody who treats Dib like this.)

For me, this story ends when Dib mentions his temptation to just turn on his heel, walk away and abandon this bitch to her fate, seeing the only way he can finally get it through one thick skull what Zim is really capable of. The cruellest irony Dib faces is that in saving people from Zim, he destroys the very evidence he needs to convince anybody that Zim is actually hostile.
milo1047 chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Interesting story, from a perspective I've never considered before. I like the ending.
flying metal child chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Great characterization of Sara! She really interacts well with Dib, and I'm glad you didn't put Zim in the story. He was like a background, a ghost whose presence was only visible to Sara through her prison and the omniscient computer. I'm off to read more of your stuff!
The Maine Coon Cat chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Very nice. I love.

Poor Dibby... :(

This is goin' on mah favorites!