Reviews for Sea story
KayValo87 chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
This was great. Thanks for writing it. :)
Dragonmaster Kurai chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
Great to see a dedication to the RNLI! They do such a brilliant job and my heart goes out to them. I am a volunteer friefighter myself in Gernamy, we work like the RNLI do in England. Only our cities have paid fireservice.

Your story reminded me a lot of the "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner", it is VERY well writen. Hope to read lots more "good stuff" from you in the future!

cya

DK
FrankieC chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
Thank you for a wonderful, heart warming story. I'm from England, and many years ago while on holiday, I got to see the Lifeboat Crew in action. They were called out while we were there. Reading the story also reminded me of the Penlee LifeBoat tradegy years ago, The entire crew was lost of the coast of Cornwall. Whenever I hear the hymn "For those in Peril on the Sea" I always think of the RNLI and the crews. A nice twist at the end of your story with the ghost of Capt, Smethick. I'm glad Gordon found what he was looking for.
Vorserkeien chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
The RNLI really don't get enough recognition for their work, along with the County Air Ambulance, overshadowed by other charities such as the RSPCA etc. & what only a few people seem to know is: they sell some really funny Christmas cards (I can't remember the artist's name :()& calendars :D

Great follow on fic :D

~Vorserkeien~
ejb chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
As I said before (somehow my first review seems to have got lost) this is a wonderful continuation for Boomercat's story. It is nice the way the fiction and non fiction elements have been combined and an element of the supernatural too. I loved Gordon's ringtone for his cell-phone, how apt for him.
Fiona Belagant chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
That was a great piece that involved Gordon. I like to read it. Your a fantasic author. Keep up the awesome writing!
mcj chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
What a delicate and imaginative piece of writing. Loved it as I do with all your writing Quiller. You make us "see" Gordon from start to finish from your descriptions in the chapter. Thank you for another wonderful piece.

mcj
Lady Viva chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Totally moving and beautifully "Quiller."
barb from utah chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
I enjoyed this story. I like the way you incorporated the feelings of Gordon wondering if it is worth it. Which I have wondered about in my own life to the volunteers who do what needs to be done. I have a lot of respect who act in the best interest of others without wondering what is in it for themselves and without thought of their own lives.
Tikatu chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
A very nice ficlet! So very realistic (even with a "ghost" in it). I'm sure all the Tracys must feel that kind of "Why are we doing this?" and Captain Smethick's advice was exactly what Gordon needed. Kudos!